NFL Helmet Nose Bumpers - Logo or Wordmark?

Sean F&F

Now that Riddell is no longer the official helmet of the NFL, their name doesn't appear on the front of the helmet. Before, if a player didn't have a Riddell helmet, it would be blank or have a logo on it. Now every team has to do this.

I've seen both wordmarks and logos and I prefer the wordmark. I think the logo, when it's the same as the helmet logo, is just too much of the same thing.

The Patriots have their main logo for their nose bumper.

tom-brady-nfl-cincinnati-bengals-new-eng

49ers too

hi-res-18ae9803ef4fa02e4921dd4b4a856487_

Colts have the wordmark

andrew.jpg

Browns too

brian_hoyer_browns_usatsi.jpg

What do you guys prefer?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the logo isn't on the helmet I think the logo works (The Browns couls use the B football logo on their bumper), otherwise I prefer the wordmark. If a team has a secondary logo I think that works too, otherwise I feel like it's just repetitive.

Course, unless I'm forgetting a team, only the Bengals and Browns don't use a logo on their helmet.

I like wordmark...it's long in nature and for most teams, fits the bumper better than a logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If the logo isn't on the helmet I think the logo works (The Browns couls use the B football logo on their bumper), otherwise I prefer the wordmark. If a team has a secondary logo I think that works too, otherwise I feel like it's just repetitive.

Course, unless I'm forgetting a team, only the Bengals and Browns don't use a logo on their helmet.

And the Vikings, Rams, and Eagles...

Archived