Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XV

JQmd8TA.png

I really like the way the look of this field turned out, especially with that classic Chargers look.

< Super Bowl XIV First Post Super Bowl XVI >

Dat Chargers font is right. Forgot that was the team script for the Chargers (from 1970 to 1987).

Dallas becomes the first team to win all 3 games to the Super Bowl from the Wild Card; zapping the Bolts, capitalizing on their sloppy mistakes.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XV

JQmd8TA.png

I really like the way the look of this field turned out, especially with that classic Chargers look.

< Super Bowl XIV First Post Super Bowl XVI >

Dat Chargers font is right. Forgot that was the team script for the Chargers (from 1970 to 1987).

Dallas becomes the first team to win all 3 games to the Super Bowl from the Wild Card; zapping the Bolts, capitalizing on their sloppy mistakes.

San Diego's facemasks were gold by that time.

Can we expect better performances from Fouts and Winslow in XVI?

San Diego's facemasks were gold by that time.

Can we expect better performances from Fouts and Winslow in XVI?

I forgot that I made them gray for a reason because I did this one a while back, but I have gold for XVI. But for Super Bowl XV they didn't have any border stripe around they face masks, and they used the dark gray for both the Eagles and Raiders. So for this alternate I stuck with the dark gray for both same as the actual Super Bowl XV field. There are a couple instances were there would seem to be anomalies with these fields with logos or colors, like in this case, but I have a reasoning behind them, unfortunately I might not remember them like in this case.

*** EDIT ***

Never mind, I double checked. The Eagles and Raiders both had black facemask borders, but because of the black endzone I was thinking there wasn't any border when I made this field. It was the helmets in that Super Bowl that did not have a border. I'll go back and make the changes.

*** UPDATE ***

I reposed the field with a gold facemask for the Chargers. I also changed the paint color around the two point line to gold to match the endzone color. I had blue before to be similar with the eagles going with green instead of their endzone color gray, but now I'm thinking they avoided gray because it was too close to white, while for this situation gold looks fine.

Super Bowl XVI

ztsJysl.png

The Chargers escape frostbite and the Bengals in Cincinnati. After giving up a spectacular touchdown to Dwight Clark, the Cowboys offense puts together a quick drive to get into field goal range, and win the game on a 43 yarder with no time remaining to set up the Super Bowl rematch in Pontiac, MI.

< Super Bowl XV First Post Super Bowl XVII >

Super Bowl XVI

ztsJysl.png

The Chargers escape frostbite and the Bengals in Cincinnati. After giving up a spectacular touchdown to Dwight Clark, the Cowboys offense puts together a quick drive to get into field goal range, and win the game on a 43 yarder with no time remaining to set up the Super Bowl rematch in Pontiac, MI.

< Super Bowl XV First Post Super Bowl XVII >

Dave Dameshek put it bluntly, the Pontiac Silverdome; "AKA: The worst site ever for a Super Bowl".

After a Dan Fouts touchdown in the back of the endzone to Kellen Winslow, the Chargers were put ahead 24-20. But Danny White kept a cool head and found Drew Pearson all alone in the left side of the endzone due to a botched coverage by San Diego.

The Cowboys stunned the Bolts to become the first team to win 5 Super Bowl titles (I, II, VII, XV and XVI); 26-24.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

And those yellow San Diego, Super Chargers! endzones are great, too. I fear the day the current Bolts make the SB, as I'm sure the endzones will be a boring, drab, dark blue vastness of nothing.

LOL........... I'm sick - and bored - of the Raiders and Cowboys endzones.

And those yellow San Diego, Super Chargers! endzones are great, too. I fear the day the current Bolts make the SB, as I'm sure the endzones will be a boring, drab, dark blue vastness of nothing.

Well you'll see the boring dark blue in the alternate SB XLII. Its what you expect. But you did mention in the Super Bowl field database that you would like to see a bunch of different endzone matchups, and this is the place to do it. As I said in the first post, just make a case for a matchup between playoff teams for a Super Bowl even if they weren't in the conference championship and I can get it done.

And alternate Super Bowl's XIV-XVI are great combinations. XXVI is also another great combo in this series (orange dolphins vs old school lions)

Well now, Dallas doesn't come back until Super Bowl XXIX (29), and that's their last appearance to date in this alternate history.

After SB XVII and Dallas causes the New York Sack Exchange to crash and grounds the Jets. Danny White, armed with two SB MVPs (XVI and XVII), about a decade later gets a bust in Canton.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Well now, Dallas doesn't come back until Super Bowl XXIX (29), and that's their last appearance to date in this alternate history.

After SB XVII and Dallas causes the New York Sack Exchange to crash and grounds the Jets. Danny White, armed with two SB MVPs (XVI and XVII), about a decade later gets a bust in Canton.

Other things we can expect...

The Lions to defy the odds on their way to XXVI.

Super sophomore seasons from the Panthers and Jaguars when they meet in XXXI.

The Eagles to make three straight Super Bowl appearances in the 2000s before being knocked off by Michael Vick and the Falcons in 2004-05. Meanwhile Tom Brady and the Patriots go to none until 2006.

The Bolts to give Brett Favre a proper send off in XLII.

Super Bowl XVII

wQoJ7dT.png

The Jets become the first 6 seed to make it to a Super Bowl after upsetting all the top seeds in the AFC. Dallas takes care of business as they navigate through both Tampa and Green Bay, then comeback to beat the Redskins in the NFC title game.

< Super Bowl XVI First Post Super Bowl XVIII >

In this reality, every Dallas QB would be behind Danny White as the best Cowboys QB. In this alternate reality; he has 3 Super Bowl titles (+2 SB MVPs). Don Meredith had 2 SB Titles (+1 SB MVP), Roger Staubach only has 1 (1 SB MVP) and Aikman has 1 Super Bowl titles.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XVIII

WV34IYz.png

Before I started working on this field I was thinking I would do a silver Seahawks endzone. When I got to doing the field I realized it had to be blue because of the helmets, but I thing the blue works much better and looks great.

Seattle makes it to Tampa with an upset over the AFC's top team, the Raiders. Montana's 49ers are able to upset the leagues top team, the Redskins with a game tying field goal drive at the end of regulation, and finish it off by taking the overtime kickoff 97 yards to the house to shock the crowd at RFK.

< Super Bowl XVII First Post Super Bowl XIX >

Super Bowl XVIII

WV34IYz.png

Before I started working on this field I was thinking I would do a silver Seahawks endzone. When I got to doing the field I realized it had to be blue because of the helmets, but I thing the blue works much better and looks great.

Seattle makes it to Tampa with an upset over the AFC's top team, the Raiders. Montana's 49ers are able to upset the leagues top team, the Redskins with a game tying field goal drive at the end of regulation, and finish it off by taking the overtime kickoff 97 yards to the house to shock the crowd at RFK.

< Super Bowl XVII First Post Super Bowl XIX >

Joe Montana earns his "Joe Cool" nickname by orchestrating a 85-yard drive to rip the hearts out of the Seahawks and the Niners finally get their first Super Bowl Ring.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XIX

xA8eSj5.png

(9-7) Pittsburgh and (10-6) Chicago both upset the top teams in each conference. In the Super Bowl the Bears Walter Payton and the Steelers receivers John Stallworth and rookie Louis Lipps put put on a show, but in the end its the Bears defense that forces a big turnover in the fourth as the fridge put a hit on Walter Abercrobie and the Bears after the turnover put six on the board. As the Steelers try to make a comback late, Mark Malone throws a pick six and the Bears go on to win 37- 24.

< Super Bowl XVIII First Post Super Bowl XX >

Super Bowl XIX

xA8eSj5.png

(9-7) Pittsburgh and (10-6) Chicago both upset the top teams in each conference. In the Super Bowl the Bears Walter Payton and the Steelers receivers John Stallworth and rookie Louis Lipps put put on a show, but in the end its the Bears defense that forces a big turnover in the fourth as the fridge put a hit on Walter Abercrobie and the Bears after the turnover put six on the board. As the Steelers try to make a comback late, Mark Malone throws a pick six and the Bears go on to win 37- 24.

< Super Bowl XVIII First Post Super Bowl XX >

So, we get Super Bowl appearances by Mark Malone and Dieter Brock. Two QBs Dave Dameshek refers to as "two of the five worst QBs to start a Conference Championship Game". And we get them in back-to-back years.

The other three are Rex Grossman (for SB XLI), Neil O'Donnell (for SB XXX) and Tony Eason (for SB XX).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived