Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

Super Bowl XL

N20MYJV.png

In this world, Ben Roethlisberger does not make the season saving tackle against the Colts, and then Payton Manning does his best impression of Payton Manning in the playoffs. The Panthers defense shows they have what it takes to stop the leagues best offense, Seattle, in the NFC championship.

Like Seattle for the actual Super Bowl XL, the Broncos use the city name with their wordmark. I moved it from below to above "Broncos" because below it looks too awkward. I think this would have been a more exciting, (and better officiated) game than the actual.

< Super Bowl XXXIX First Post Super Bowl XLI >

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XXXIX

XPpkC0V.png

The Falcons are able to knock off the three time defending NFC champion Eagles as Mike Vick pulls a second straight great playoff performance. The Steelers lead by rookie Ben Roethlisberger who has not lost a start, continue that streak as the Steelers fight past the Patriots late to reach the Super Bowl.

Again as a Steelers fan I would like to be biased and say the Steelers don't lose a game all season with Roethlisberger as the starter, but I don't feel like coming up with a big story, so this game is decided by you guys.

< Super Bowl XXXVIII First Post Super Bowl XL >

While Pittsburgh had a good defense, I don't think they match up all too good against an extremely mobile QB. Atlanta sneaks out a win; but it's a dogfight.

Maybe a 35-31, or 40-35 score.

I tend to doubt that #16 offense could stand against the Steelers' #1 ranked defense. Vick's mobility never helped any team he played for gain any dominance. Atlanta was probably one of the weakest #2 seeds in league history due largely to an unusually weak era for the entire NFC.

I'm thinking in this game, Vick's mobility allows him to avoid quite a few sacks. However the Steelers' pass rush still hurries him all game long. This forces Vick into multiple bad throws into Pittsburgh's secondary, which has locked down the Falcons mediocre receiving corps. All this results in 3 interceptions, one of which is returned for a touchdown by Troy Polomalu. On the offensive side of the ball, the Falcons are unable to stop Pittsburgh's rushing tandem of Bettis, Staley, and Parker, who combine for over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns (one being a 2 yard run by Bettis and one a 75 yard run by Parker). Big Ben adds a touchdown pass of his own to Hines Ward. Though the score doesn't completely tell the story, the Steelers dominate this game and take home their 3rd ring, 34-27

Super Bowl XL

N20MYJV.png

In this world, Ben Roethlisberger does not make the season saving tackle against the Colts, and then Payton Manning does his best impression of Payton Manning in the playoffs. The Panthers defense shows they have what it takes to stop the leagues best offense, Seattle, in the NFC championship.

Like Seattle for the actual Super Bowl XL, the Broncos use the city name with their wordmark. I moved it from below to above "Broncos" because below it looks too awkward. I think this would have been a more exciting, (and better officiated) game than the actual.

< Super Bowl XXXIX First Post Super Bowl XLI >

Champ Bailey locks down Steve Smith all game long, but the Panthers running game keeps control of the ball throughout most of the game. The Panthers' pass rush, led by Julius Peppers, pressures Jake Plummer. However, he is able to overcome this with quick passes that negate constant rush. The game is a back and forth defensive struggle with multiple lead changes, but in the end, the Broncos come out on top 23-17.

The game is a back and forth defensive struggle with multiple lead changes, but in the end, the Broncos come out on top 23-17.

As a result, Jake Plummer retires, the Broncos still draft Jay Cutler, but they bring in Jeff Garcia to QB for one year while Cutler develops. They end up making the playoffs again, but they don't repeat.

Super Bowl XLI

PFnTzR8.png

Tom Brady leads the Patriots to the Super Bowl for the first time as a starter after three previous AFC Championship losses. Drew Brees is able to lead the Saints on a remarkable run to the Super Bowl, fueled by the events of Hurricane Katrina.

< Super Bowl XL First Post Super Bowl XLII >

Boy oh boy is the light blue "ribbon" in the Saints end zone ugly.

That was my initial thought, I made another field with a black endzone though which is better.

qjjp2Ly.png

I like this field a LOT better. I wish that they had gone with a black end zone for SB XLIV.

In the AFC Championship, the Patriots take a 21-6 lead at halftime. In the 3rd quarter, the Colts tie it up at 21 and it looks like Tom Brady is about to head to yet another playoff collapse. Determined not to let that happen again, he marches the Patriots down the field and tosses a TD pass to Jabar Gaffney. Later, the Patriots recover a Colts fumble at their goal line and drive down the field to add another TD. The Patriots defense digs in and the Colts are unable to score for the rest of the game. New England wins its first AFC Championship 35-21.

In the NFC, the Bears take an early 16-0 lead over the Saints. However, Drew Brees then wakes up his offense and brings the game to 14-16 with a rushing TD by Reggie Bush and a pass to Marques Colston. In the 3rd quarter, the Saints pull away as Brees tosses another TD to Colston and one to Henderson. Bush adds another TD as well and John Carney kicks two field goals. The Bears are able to keep pace with the scoring, with Thomas Jones adding another TD, and Rex Grossman throwing a long TD pass to Bernard Berrian. Unfortunately for Bears fans, it's not enough and the Saints head to their first Super Bowl with a 41-30 win.

The Saints, with their explosive offense, makes many analysts give them a good edge to win the Super Bowl. However, the Patriots' superior defense holds Drew Brees in check for most of the first half, and the Saints can't seem to get into a rhythm. By the halftime, Brees has thrown two interceptions, one a pick 6. The Saints are only able to manage 3 field goals. Brady throws a TD pass to Ben Watson as well and at the break, the Patriots are up 17-9. In the 3rd quarter, Brees is finally able to get a drive to work, and leads an 8 play, 74 yard drive capped off with a 25 yard TD pass to Colston. The Saints then go for 2 and Reggie Bush ties the game 17-17. Late in the 3rd Brady leads a long drive down the field and Corey Dillon scores on a 5 yard run. Neither team is able to score or even move for much of the 4th quarter as both defenses dig in. Then, with about a minute and a half to play, Brees throws a game tying, 65 yard strike to Devery Henderson. It seems as though the Super Bowl is about to head to overtime for the first time in history but with 1:15 left Brady begins a drive that leads the Patriots down the field to the Saints 30 yard line. With five seconds left to play, Stephen Gostkowski kicks a 47 yard field goal to give the Patriots their first Super Bowl championship with a 27-24 win.

No Tiger stripes in the Bengals endzone?

Love the maroon Redskins endzone. And both Saints, the gold and the black.

Great job, man. With all of this.

Thanks, just like the actual fields this has been a fun project to work on and I'm glad others are enjoying it as well.

I think tiger stripes would look good in the Bengals endzone, and I considered it, but I don't think it would happen in a Super Bowl. I tried black as well, but the orange looked much better. But because this is an alternate reality, I took a stab at the striped endzone using the same pattern from Paul Brown Stadium or close to that, I have an improved version for the Bengals actual field, which I'm posting up tonight in the Current NFL Fields thread.

GY4h9bw.png

Super Bowl XLII

YNfEfWc.png

After upsetting the Colts, the Chargers head to New England to face off against the undefeated Patriots. The Chargers struggle to find the endzone through the first three quarters, but are only down 14-12 entering the fourth. In the fourth it’s the Chargers defense that scores the team’s first touchdown, as Brady is strip sacked, and the fumble is returned for a touchdown. The Chargers go for two to make it a 6 point lead, 20-14. The Patriots strike back with a touchdown drive on their next possession, ended by a 6 yard pass to Welker. Late in the fourth the Chargers are given a final chance, and with the aid of a pass interference penalty, the Chargers line up for 38 yard field goal to win the game. The kick hits its mark and the Chargers pull of an improbable upset to advance to the Super Bowl for the first time since Super Bowl XVI.

The Packers go up against the Giants in a frigid NFC Championship game. The game goes into overtime, and its unsure if old man Favre can last out in the cold, or if Tom Coughlin will escape Green Bay without any frostbite on his face. Early in overtime, Favre throws a pass that should have been an easy interception, but the pass falls incomplete. The game goes into a second overtime as neither team is able to get into scoring position. Midway through double OT, the Giants are back to receive a punt, but the ball, which is more like a rock at this point, is muffed and the Packers recover at the Giants 27 yard line. The Packers turn the Giants mistake into a game winning field goal, sending them to their first Super Bowl since Super Bowl XXX.

< Super Bowl XLI First Post Super Bowl XLIII >

San Diego holds all the right cards up until the end. However, Brett Favre plays a little differently. Instead of folding in the tight spot his Packers came into, down by 3. A FG sends it into OT, a TD wins the game; he leads a calculated, methodical drive of quick, short passes and timely runs.

Green Bay sends the game into OT; but Phillip Rivers and the 'Bolts slice down the field on their opening possession of OT and Rivers throws a bullet to Antonio Gates in the back of the endzone to give San Diego it's first Super Bowl title.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XLII

YNfEfWc.png

After upsetting the Colts, the Chargers head to New England to face off against the undefeated Patriots. The Chargers struggle to find the endzone through the first three quarters, but are only down 14-12 entering the fourth. In the fourth it’s the Chargers defense that scores the team’s first touchdown, as Brady is strip sacked, and the fumble is returned for a touchdown. The Chargers go for two to make it a 6 point lead, 20-14. The Patriots strike back with a touchdown drive on their next possession, ended by a 6 yard pass to Welker. Late in the fourth the Chargers are given a final chance, and with the aid of a pass interference penalty, the Chargers line up for 38 yard field goal to win the game. The kick hits its mark and the Chargers pull of an improbable upset to advance to the Super Bowl for the first time since Super Bowl XVI.

The Packers go up against the Giants in a frigid NFC Championship game. The game goes into overtime, and its unsure if old man Favre can last out in the cold, or if Tom Coughlin will escape Green Bay without any frostbite on his face. Early in overtime, Favre throws a pass that should have been an easy interception, but the pass falls incomplete. The game goes into a second overtime as neither team is able to get into scoring position. Midway through double OT, the Giants are back to receive a punt, but the ball, which is more like a rock at this point, is muffed and the Packers recover at the Giants 27 yard line. The Packers turn the Giants mistake into a game winning field goal, sending them to their first Super Bowl since Super Bowl XXX.

< Super Bowl XLI First Post Super Bowl XLIII >

Brett Favre shows that he still has gas left in his tank as he plays his last game in a Packers uniform. The Packers jump out to an early 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter, courtesy of a 10 yard Favre to Greg Jennings pass and a 2 yard run by Ryan Grant. The Chargers pull to within 1 by the middle of the 2nd quarter, thanks to two field goals and a 5 yard Phillip Rivers to Darren Sproles pass that Sproles then takes 60 yards for a touchdown. Nate Kaeding later hits a 51 yard field goal to close out the half with the Chargers leading 16-14. On the 3rd play of the 2nd half, Charles Woodson picks off a pass to Vincent Jackson and returns it to the 15 yard line. Three plays later, Favre completes a 7 yard TD pass, again to Jennings. The next few drives for both teams stall. Near the end of the 3rd quarter, the Packers score a 25 yard field goal to put them up 24-16. The 4th quarter remains scoreless until 3 minutes left to play, when Phillip Rivers takes the Chargers on an 8 play, 89 yard drive that takes a minute and 10 seconds, capped with a 5 yard pass to Antonio Gates. They attempt a 2 point conversion to tie the game, but the pass, another to Gates, is batted away. The Chargers attempt an onside kick, but the kick is recovered by the Packers. Two runs by Ryan Grant use up the Chargers' remaining 2 timeouts and give the Packers the first down. Favre then takes two knees to run out the clock, giving the Packers a 24-22 win.

Super Bowl XLIII

pw5mpcq.png

This would have been a nice looking field. It would also have been the first Super Bowl featuring two 6 seeded teams, although Baltimore was an 11 win team that season.

The Eagles are able to mount a game tying drive to send the game to overtime at 32 a piece. They take the kickoff and in 4 plays line up for a game winning field goal, and end it in a very anti-climactic fashion. The Ravens, down 16-14 in the fourth find a way to take a 17-16 lead and hold the Steelers on a fourth down, sending Baltimore to their first Super Bowl behind rookie quarterback Joe Flacco.

< Super Bowl XLII First Post Super Bowl XLIV >

Archived