Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

Super Bowl XXV

edvVNHW.png

This Super Bowl begins the epic saga of Joe Montana and Steve Young. In the NFC championship, Joe Montana goes down with an elbow injury that will keep him off the field for the better part of two years, giving Steve Young the start in Super Bowl XXV as the 49ers are able to hold off the Giants with a 13-12 victory. The Raiders return to the Super Bowl after pulling off a shocking upset the top seeded Bills.

And just an update on the Bills wordmark question, it was updated in 2011 (Just put up on this site).

< Super Bowl XXIV First Post Super Bowl XXVI >

Bay area team vs Bay area team. Would have been classic! ;-)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XXV

edvVNHW.png

This Super Bowl begins the epic saga of Joe Montana and Steve Young. In the NFC championship, Joe Montana goes down with an elbow injury that will keep him off the field for the better part of two years, giving Steve Young the start in Super Bowl XXV as the 49ers are able to hold off the Giants with a 13-12 victory. The Raiders return to the Super Bowl after pulling off a shocking upset the top seeded Bills.

And just an update on the Bills wordmark question, it was updated in 2011 (Just put up on this site).

Hmmm.... does this mean that Joe leaves earlier than expected? Fun to think about.....

Hmmm.... does this mean that Joe leaves earlier than expected? Fun to think about.....

Well in this alternate universe, everything up to the conference championship games happens exactly the same. So in this timeline, Montana will stay with the 49ers until he is traded in April '93. But this does mean that Young starts Super Bowl's XXV, XXVII, and XXVIII for the 49ers, while Montana starts Super Bowl XXVIII for the Chiefs. The reason for staying as close to the actual timeline as possible is because the alternate timeline could go in all kinds of directions. One example may be if the Browns had won a couple of Super Bowl's in the 80's they may never leave for Baltimore, or things along those lines. But these different scenarios are defiantly fun to explore, because who knows how different NFL history would have been if say the Cowboys had won the ice bowl.

Super Bowl XXV

edvVNHW.png

Not at that point in time. Los Angeles vs. San Francisco. :upside:

iq5b7nF.png

An Alternate-Alternate Super Bowl XXVI

gkvGzji.png

This is my favorite field in the series. The aqua and coral of the Dolphins contrast well with the Honolulu blue and silver of the Lions, plus these are two classic wordmarks. And unfortunately I just realized the Broncos lost the AFC championship this season so I'm going to have to go back and redo this field. I'll keep this one up though as an alternate because it looks so good, and I'll have Denver-Detroit up later today.

An Alternate-Alternate Super Bowl XXVI

gkvGzji.png

This is my favorite field in the series. The aqua and coral of the Dolphins contrast well with the Honolulu blue and silver of the Lions, plus these are two classic wordmarks. And unfortunately I just realized the Broncos lost the AFC championship this season so I'm going to have to go back and redo this field. I'll keep this one up though as an alternate because it looks so good, and I'll have Denver-Detroit up later today.

Lions in the Superbowl! Man that is one great looking endzone. Sadly if they make it now, it would have the stupid black accents. Instead of the Classic Honolulu Blue, Silver and White!

Super Bowl XXVI

5wRoqWd.png

This didn't take me too long to do since I only had to copy in the Broncos endzone from the actual Super Bowl XXIV and change the colors in the endzone and on the field. One note here, because in these past Super Bowl's, and even today, similar colors were reused. Honolulu blue was used in all cases of blue on this field, which includes the NFL and Super Bowl logos, as well as in the Broncos endzone. In the actual Super Bowl XXVI the same blue was used in the Bills andzone and other places on the field, so I stuck with the pattern for this alternate field.

The Lions enter the Super Bowl after a hall of fame performance from Barry Sanders, as he took the first Lions play from scrimmage for a touchdown and the Lions never looked back as they shock the Redskins. The Bills with a 7-0 lead with only 4:18 to go in the game attempt a 44 yard field goal, but kicker Scott Norwood misses wide right, giving John Elway a chance to drive the Broncos down the field for a game tying score. In overtime the Broncos have a chance at a 41 yard field goal and kicker David Treadwell knocks it through. After loosing 3 of 4 AFC championship games to the Browns the Broncos finally make it to their first Super Bowl.

< Super Bowl XXV First Post Super Bowl XXVII >

Super Bowl XXVI

5wRoqWd.png

This didn't take me too long to do since I only had to copy in the Broncos endzone from the actual Super Bowl XXIV and change the colors in the endzone and on the field. One note here, because in these past Super Bowl's, and even today, similar colors were reused. Honolulu blue was used in all cases of blue on this field, which includes the NFL and Super Bowl logos, as well as in the Broncos endzone. In the actual Super Bowl XXVI the same blue was used in the Bills andzone and other places on the field, so I stuck with the pattern for this alternate field.

The Lions enter the Super Bowl after a hall of fame performance from Barry Sanders, as he took the first Lions play from scrimmage for a touchdown and the Lions never looked back as they shock the Redskins. The Bills with a 7-0 lead with only 4:18 to go in the game attempt a 44 yard field goal, but kicker Scott Norwood misses wide right, giving John Elway a chance to drive the Broncos down the field for a game tying score. In overtime the Broncos have a chance at a 41 yard field goal and kicker David Treadwell knocks it through. After loosing 3 of 4 AFC championship games to the Browns the Broncos finally make it to their first Super Bowl.

< Super Bowl XXV First Post Super Bowl XXVII >

This is just awesome! Honolulu Blue is very compilmentary to the NFL shield and the Broncos wordmark and helmet. A total Lions geek moment. The one moment of glory they never got! I wonder if Barry Sanders got to the Super Bowl and possibly even won. Would he have retired in 99' or gone on to shatter Walter Peyton's record and beyond?

Barry Sanders runs wild on the Broncos defense and delivers a Super Bowl title to Detroit, destroying the curse of Bobby Layne in emphatic fashion.

(The only way this could've been more emphatic is if the Lions beat the team Layne was traded to before he cursed them; the Pittsburgh Steelers).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XXVII

yHwXvym.png

Steve Young leads the 49ers to the Super Bowl in his second full season as a starter in San Francisco, as he helps his team move past a top notch Cowboys team. For the second year in a row the Elway and the Broncos defeat the Bills.

< Super Bowl XXVI First Post Super Bowl XXVIII >

I believe it was Miami who lost to Buffalo in the 92-93 AFC championship game in real life.

And in XXVIII in this universe it would be Young versus Montana as the 49ers face the Chiefs.

I believe it was Miami who lost to Buffalo in the 92-93 AFC championship game in real life.

And in XXVIII in this universe it would be Young versus Montana as the 49ers face the Chiefs.

Chiefs only get to one Super Bowl; XXIX I believe. Montana's magic is not enough to overcome Switzer's Cowboys.

The Triplets; the best team in the 90s only goes to one Super Bowl, and it's under Barry Switzer.

In this reality Switzer becomes the only coach in football history to win a College Football National Championship (with Oklahoma) and a Super Bowl (SB XXIX with Dallas).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Chiefs only get to one Super Bowl; XXIX I believe. Montana's magic is not enough to overcome Switzer's Cowboys.

The Triplets; the best team in the 90s only goes to one Super Bowl, and it's under Barry Switzer.

In this reality Switzer becomes the only coach in football history to win a College Football National Championship (with Oklahoma) and a Super Bowl (SB XXIX with Dallas).

It seems I switched up the AFC teams for Super Bowl's XXVI and XXVII. But Super Bowl XXVIII is 49ers vs Chiefs and XXIX is Steelers vs Cowboys. I'll get the right field up, it will just be a copy and paste.

Super Bowl XXVII

LH7EY28.png

Steve Young leads the 49ers to the Super Bowl in his second full season as a starter in San Francisco, as he helps his team move past a top notch Cowboys team. There was no comeback for the Bills in the AFC championship, as Dan Marino takes the Dolphins to the Super Bowl for the second time in his career.

Field notes: In the actual Super Bowl XXVII the numbers on the Dallas half of the field were the same as the endzone color, I'm assuming because they didn't want to go with silver because it was too light. On the Buffalo side of the field the numbers were the same as the wordmark color, maybe to give contrast with the numbers on the other side of the field and to keep a red white and blue theme going. For this alternate field I followed the same pattern.

< Super Bowl XXVI First Post Super Bowl XXVIII >

For XXIX, can we expect the Cowboys to steamroll the Steelers, or could Greg Lloyd and Kevin Greene sack Aikman a few times to help Pittsburgh?

It would probably be much similar to Super Bowl XXX, with the Steelers keeping surprisingly close, but at that time Pittsburgh had always fallen short in big games, that's why they lost to a worse Chargers team that season. Ultimately the Cowboys would pull away in the fourth. It would be hard to think that with as great a team the Cowboys had in the early/mid 90's they wouldn't come away with a championship.

For XXIX, can we expect the Cowboys to steamroll the Steelers, or could Greg Lloyd and Kevin Greene sack Aikman a few times to help Pittsburgh?

It would probably be much similar to Super Bowl XXX, with the Steelers keeping surprisingly close, but at that time Pittsburgh had always fallen short in big games, that's why they lost to a worse Chargers team that season. Ultimately the Cowboys would pull away in the fourth. It would be hard to think that with as great a team the Cowboys had in the early/mid 90's they wouldn't come away with a championship.

In that AFC title game against San Diego, the Steelers should've been able to blow out the Chargers before halftime, but somehow, the Chargers were able to stuff Barry Foster's rushing attack with little talent outside of Junior Seau and Leslie O'Neal.

Archived