The 2014-15 NBA Anti-Thread: We Hate This Game

buzzcut

Since we have an NBA thread already, how about another dealing with the NBA's anti-side(see if you get the reference). All sorts of general off-court issues can, and should, be discussed here.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate how quickly Cleveland has forgiven LeBron. If your significant other cheats on you in a relationship, are you supposed to completely forgive them and accept them back into your life if they come crawling back to you?

When that significant other is LeBron james, absolutely. :P

Really though, two major things at work...

1. After he left, Cleveland always still wanted deep down to like LeBron, just... couldn't for obvious reasons. Once he won his title, really, a lot of the hate died down.
  2. And much more importantly, you're talking about a city that hasn't seen a championship in 50 years. As far as we're concerned, Satan himself could take the field for the Browns if he won the Super Bowl, we'd worship him.

6fQjS3M.png

The NHL has Florida and Phoenix Arizona floundering and the NFL has the fact that pro football players are, in general, terrible people. Not sure what could go in this thread now that Donald Sterling and David Stern are out of the league.

Not unless another ref comes out about the league being crooked.

The NHL has Florida and Phoenix Arizona floundering and the NFL has the fact that pro football players are, in general, terrible people. Not sure what could go in this thread now that Donald Sterling and David Stern are out of the league.

Off of the top of my head, the fact that two-thirds of the NBA will never be able to win a championship because of the favoritism towards big-market teams.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Off of the top of my head, the fact that two-thirds of the NBA will never be able to win a championship because of the favoritism towards big-market teams.

Tell that to the Spurs.

Teams that have good front offices will always do well while teams with moronic front offices will always fail no matter how big their market is (Knicks).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Never really saw that as a problem manly because I don't belive you should be punished becouse your franchise is in a market with more people.

All these owners are multibillion they could spend the money for a good team if they want but they dont and even then you win without spending look at the spurs, also the cap has done more harm than good to small market teams the thunder may have a title if they didn't have to trade harden away because of the last CBA. Just to note something the last large mark team to win a title was the Lakers, Miami to most broadcast companies is Mid sized market.

This whole small market teams cant compete crap is just that complete and other :censored:!

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Never really saw that as a problem manly because I don't belive you should be punished becouse your franchise is in a market with more people.

All these owners are multibillion they could spend the money for a good team if they want but they dont and even then you win without spending look at the spurs, also the cap has done more harm than good to small market teams the thunder may have a title if they didn't have to trade harden away because of the last CBA. Just to note something the last large mark team to win a title was the Lakers, Miami to most broadcast companies is Mid sized market.

This whole small market teams cant compete crap is just that complete and utter :censored:!

FTFY

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I hate how quickly Cleveland has forgiven LeBron. If your significant other cheats on you in a relationship, are you supposed to completely forgive them and accept them back into your life if they come crawling back to you?

There's a bit of a difference between someone that you love and trust and open up to about everything to and a guy who's just really good at being good at basketball.

The Sixers are waiting for some of this big market favoritism.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's a bit of a difference between someone that you love and trust and open up to about everything to and a guy who's just really good at being good at basketball.

The Sixers are waiting for some of this big market favoritism.

Seriously.

NBA Championships Won in Current Markets (this is a count of NBA titles per city rather than franchise / no ABA or BAA)

NYC/Jersey - 2*

Los Angeles - 11*

Chicago - 6

Dallas - 1

Houston - 2

Philadelphia - 4

D.C. - 1

Miami - 3

Toronto - 0

Atlanta - 0

Boston - 17

Bay Area -1

Phoenix - 0

Detroit - 3

Minneapolis - 4

Denver - 0

Charlotte - 0

Portland - 1

San Antonio - 6

Orlando - 0

Sacramento - 0

Cleveland - 0

Indianapolis - 0

Milwaukee - 1

Memphis - 0

Oklahoma City - 0

New Orleans - 0

Salt Lake City - 0

* = Market has two franchises, one with 0 NBA Championships

Seems to me that outside of the Lakers and Celtics, the only reason there a bit more championships with the top markets is because the NBA has been in those places longer. NYC has been in the NBA since the very beginning and we're still stuck on two titles, with no apparent end in sight. The NBA hasn't done anything to keep say, the Suns or Jazz or Cavaliers from winning titles. The Suns have seemingly been good in every era but never finish the deal. The Jazz lost twice to the greatest of all time. The Cavs surrounded LeBron with the Washington Generals. In short, any small market fan bitching that his team isn't winning titles because the NBA is favoring the big dogs is an idiot who doesn't actually know their NBA history.

The best teams in the Western Conference are/were Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Memphis, and the Clippers, correct? Care to reassess that small markets can't compete claim?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't know about all of them. With the bad you usually have good or better football players that are good not only in public, but good outstanding human beings. For the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson you usually get the Peyton Manning and Larry Fitzgerald.

I think it's best to put things in perspective here. His biggest crime? Choosing to play basketball somewhere else, while donating money to a local boys and girls club in the process. He had his jersey burned and was disrespected by the owner all because he didn't tell him first. If LeBron says jump, Cleveland and Gilbert better be falling over themselves to say how high.

Hell I could argue that it's not even market size, but market wether. the last cold wether cities to win a title are Boston, Detroit and Chicago. Lets face the fact players and people are leaving the cold wether city for warmer ones and I don't think anything will change that, players don't want to spend an 82 game season in those cities.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

I honestly think a lot of this "big market favoritism" isn't even towards the league but rather the players who choose to play there.

Well Lebron James going to Cleveland certainly doesn't support this.

Even if it is true, can you blame them? Your exposure and marketing potential is so much more on both a local and national level if you play in a market where more people get to see and know you. If your primary interest is making money (which for 99% of pro athletes it is - and probably should be) then why on earth would you sign with a team like the Bucks?

There's obviously some exceptions - was it Kevin Durant that just signed a ridiculous shoe deal? But on average, your earning potential is greater when there's more competition for your services which (at least locally) is the case in bigger markets, and where there's more exposure for the national brands that want you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But yes, who on earth would want to be a Buck?

An average-to-below-average player who, because the Bucks won't have any legit superstar players consuming most of their cap but still have to spend money, will make way more than he deserves and way more than he'd get on a premiere team that's paying Kobe or Lebron or whoever else the good players are anymore.

If I was a player who was good enough to definitely be an NBA player, but not good enough that I was sought after by anyone either as a player or as an endorser, I'd target teams like that to sign with because there's probably more there for me to make... and in some cases, they'd have to pay me more.

Archived