Best Baseball Cap

PhlyBoy

For me, it's about colors and about how those colors compliment each other. Also, I'm a sucker for white hats and white front-paneled hats. That being said, these two have always been my favorite MLB caps:

pMLB2-18231387dt.jpgpMLB2-4292205dt.jpg

The Oriole's one as well, but that has been covered by the OP. The reason that hat works is, again, the great color balance. Black and orange is such a great color scheme.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, the "best" doesn't necessarily equal the most "beautiful". The Dodgers, Tigers (home), Yankees, Red Sox, and White Sox can all make a case for being the "best", because they're classic, classy, and timeless. But I'd much prefer to look at caps with more color, without being gaudy. The most "beautiful" caps belong to the Blue Jays, Orioles (road), Astros, Pirates (mustard), and Cardinals (red), to name the first ones that pop into my head.

Excluding classic ones like Yankees, White Sox, Cardinals, etc

I love the Royals, Cards Sunday, Rockies Road, Mariners ALT and Orioles Road.

I think the A's elephant BP is cool too. If they Rays slapped the Ray sleeve patch logo on their Baby Blue BP hat instead of that stupid sunburst I'd buy it instantly.

I think there was a recent thread called "The Baseball Cap" or "The Baseball Hat." But I could not find it. My favorite hat ever is the Blue Cards cap.

I totally understand the point that the Cards ought to be wearing a red cap all the time. I do. But, at least in a vacuum, this hat is just beautiful. I want the Twins to steal it (i.e., blue hat, red "TC" with white outline).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

http://shop.neweracap.com/Style/59Fifty-MLB-Authentic-Collection/20076657

The original Minnesota Twins hat.

A logo that has some hidden meaning (sort of).

The TC gives some credit to St. Paul, the non MLB Twin city. This helps bring fans from St. Paul (where the Minneapolis Lakers failed).

It's an overall clean logo and is very recognizable

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Guess I'm alone. I love the creativity.

cap_wright.jpg1969-pilots1.jpg

Kinda with you man. Those Pilots hats are so awesome and creative. The only thing I don't like is the random (probably not random but seems like it) yellow line under the hat. The scrambled eggs are fantastic though.

It's a homer pick, but I've always been a huge fan of the Cardinals alt hat with the bird and bat.

Really any hat with great contrast and a great letter form on them are the best in my book. (i.e. Tigers, Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers, A's)

Great Jays hat, i think it would be even better without the leaf.

And nope. The leaf is what makes it unique and Canadian.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Guess I'm alone. I love the creativity.

cap_wright.jpg1969-pilots1.jpg

Kinda with you man. Those Pilots hats are so awesome and creative. The only thing I don't like is the random (probably not random but seems like it) yellow line under the hat. The scrambled eggs are fantastic though.

It's a homer pick, but I've always been a huge fan of the Cardinals alt hat with the bird and bat.

Really any hat with great contrast and a great letter form on them are the best in my book. (i.e. Tigers, Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers, A's)

Great Jays hat, i think it would be even better without the leaf.

And nope. The leaf is what makes it unique and Canadian.

Canadian ? Then all other teams should have a US flag next to it.

No love for the IronPigs?

Official_Bacon_Cap_1_300.jpg

It's a strip of bacon. On a baseball cap. You'll be hard-pressed to find an official item of apparel more American.

But really, as far as a modern classic, it's the Lake Elsinore Storm's cap.

MiLB-New-Era-Lake-Elsinore-Storms-59Fift

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

http://shop.neweracap.com/Style/59Fifty-MLB-Authentic-Collection/20076657

The original Minnesota Twins hat.

A logo that has some hidden meaning (sort of).

The TC gives some credit to St. Paul, the non MLB Twin city. This helps bring fans from St. Paul (where the Minneapolis Lakers failed).

It's an overall clean logo and is very recognizable

I like it, but the contrast between the white and red is too stark. The C blends into the navy background and at any distance it reads as just T. That's enough to kick it off my personal list.

Archived