Best Baseball Cap

PhlyBoy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I'm alone. I love the creativity.

cap_wright.jpg1969-pilots1.jpg

Kinda with you man. Those Pilots hats are so awesome and creative. The only thing I don't like is the random (probably not random but seems like it) yellow line under the hat. The scrambled eggs are fantastic though.

I'm pretty sure the yellow line is meant to mimic this.

mP0qk8Rr8aHYdjIHsU5hX8Q.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

No love for these guys?

PiratesPillboxHats_zpsb80b761b.jpg

I have two hats that I wear regularly, one is a Brooklyn Dodgers cap.

Beautiful in its simplicity.

I'm also biased towards this beauty, for all the reasons I love the Yankee cap:

5669406475_cfa642786e_z.jpg

They don't get any better than that.

los-angeles-dodgers-alternate-royal-blue

Unpopular Opinion: I though the 1999 Dodgers Alt Cap was gorgeous and never understood why many people didn't like it

The biggest problem I had with it was that the extraneous outline muddies the logo and makes it much harder to read at any distance. Ruins the logo, ruins the cap.

Cubs

Mets All Blue

Blue Jays

Dodgers

Royals

Brewers Retro

Seattle Pilots

Brooklyn Dodgers

I like blue a lot. My favorites besides that are:

Pirates WITHOUT the terrible white outline

Mariners Teal Bill

A's Home

Giants All Black

Diamondbacks Purple

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned (Mariners teal bill, White Sox, Cardinals navy). I know that most people want the Padres to return to a brown/yellow uniform set, but I have always felt that this hat and the uniforms that accompanied it were the best in Padres history. The orange and white really pop on the navy blue.

img_2218.jpg

A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned (Mariners teal bill, White Sox, Cardinals navy). I know that most people want the Padres to return to a brown/yellow uniform set, but I have always felt that this hat and the uniforms that accompanied it were the best in Padres history. The orange and white really pop on the navy blue.

img_2218.jpg

That has the same problem as the Twins' cap; orange can really pop against navy unless you put white next to it, which causes the orange to recede into the background.

The two halves of the monogram have such different contrasts that it reads poorly at any distance over about four feet.

pMLB2-3537630dt.jpg

That's a beautiful cap.

It is, but I still wish they'd go back to the kelly green. I think it's long overdue. MLB needs more bright colors.

DSC_0334.JPG

Totally agree, Jungle Jim! The 1970's and 1980's A's green needs to make a comeback.

Right on, too many teams wearing navy and red. The A's, Jets, and Eagles need to all return to kelly green.

That has the same problem as the Twins' cap; orange can really pop against navy unless you put white next to it, which causes the orange to recede into the background.

The two halves of the monogram have such different contrasts that it reads poorly at any distance over about four feet.

I never really thought that about this cap. And it's definitely a huge problem for the Twins.

Either way, though, I don't see the logic in two letters representing the same city being different colors. I never liked that idea.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived