Idea for Ole Miss Road Football Jerseys

hjones13

Had an idea for a slight change in Ole Miss' Road Jerseys as far as the script on the chest. Changing the "Ole Miss" to "Mississippi" since we are the University of Mississippi, and have "Ole Miss" on the Grey jerseys (bring them back). Let me know what you think.

FYI: This is not a name conspiracy thing about not liking "Ole Miss" (yes that is now being debated here). Just an idea I thought was cool to embrace being Mississippi.

MississippiLogo_zps511af730.png

White-NavyRoadJersey_zps037d4adc.pngWhite-RedRoadJersey_zps1fcf956c.pngUniversityGreyAlternateJersey_zps631dec7

jajtww.jpg

Apparently "Ole Miss" was an antebellum term for a slave mistress. I'm not personally offended, but given that the U of Mississippi has been on the wrong side of history at pretty much every turn, I can't say I feel bad for them.

• 1 month later...

The term "Ole Miss" was used by the students in the late 1800s and the early 1900s about a train that University attendees would ride if they needed a lift to nearby Memphis, TN. In 1903-1905ish Elma Meek suggested this name to the yearbook of this year and the name stuck. Nothing racist about it.

Hotty Toddy and Go REBELS not Blackbears

Fins Up!!

Apparently "Ole Miss" was an antebellum term for a slave mistress. I'm not personally offended, but given that the U of Mississippi has been on the wrong side of history at pretty much every turn, I can't say I feel bad for them.

This isn't accurate. MSRebel22's post sums up the name's history pretty well.

This isn't accurate. MSRebel22's post sums up the name's history pretty well.

Except, even if his post is telling the truth, it doesn't necessarily make mine incorrect.

Archived