2014-15 NCAA Basketball Thread: March Madness

LAWeaver

KU and Michigan State will compete in the 2016 Armed Forces Classic, at the joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in Honolulu. KU will play Indiana, and MSU playing Arizona.

Link:http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11873629/michigan-state-spartans-kansas-jayhawks-participants-next-armed-forces-classic-games

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The USA Today Preseason Coaches poll has been released, which marks the unofficial start to the 2014-15 College Basketball season!

Rankings:

1. Kentucky

2. Arizona

3. Duke

4. Wisconsin

5. Kansas

6. North Carolina

7. Florida

8. Virginia

9. Louisville

10. Texas

11. Wichita State

12. Vilanova

13. Gonzaga

14. Iowa State

15. UConn

16. VCU

17. San Diego State

18. Michigan State

19. Oklahoma

20. Ohio State

21. Nebraska

22. SMU

23. Michigan

24. Syracuse

25. Iowa

.... Yeah, we know; this is probably the most useless preseason ranking ever invented. However, it still gives us some guidance as to who will be competitive for majority of the season.

Anyone have any predictions? I believe Kentucky, Virginia, and Texas will be out of the Top 25 by the time conference tournaments roll around, while the ACC, Big Ten, and Big XII will be competing for top conference in the country. But we all know someone like UCONN will end up winning the whole thing.

Really? Do you want to change your opinion after Big Blue Nation destroyed Kansas last night? The bad thing about last nights game is we played bad on offense, but by the time the conference tournaments roll around, we will be playing on all cylinders!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11901141

spacer.png

The USA Today Preseason Coaches poll has been released, which marks the unofficial start to the 2014-15 College Basketball season!

Rankings:

1. Kentucky

2. Arizona

3. Duke

4. Wisconsin

5. Kansas

6. North Carolina

7. Florida

8. Virginia

9. Louisville

10. Texas

11. Wichita State

12. Vilanova

13. Gonzaga

14. Iowa State

15. UConn

16. VCU

17. San Diego State

18. Michigan State

19. Oklahoma

20. Ohio State

21. Nebraska

22. SMU

23. Michigan

24. Syracuse

25. Iowa

.... Yeah, we know; this is probably the most useless preseason ranking ever invented. However, it still gives us some guidance as to who will be competitive for majority of the season.

Anyone have any predictions? I believe Kentucky, Virginia, and Texas will be out of the Top 25 by the time conference tournaments roll around, while the ACC, Big Ten, and Big XII will be competing for top conference in the country. But we all know someone like UCONN will end up winning the whole thing.

Really? Do you want to change your opinion after Big Blue Nation destroyed Kansas last night? The bad thing about last nights game is we played bad on offense, but by the time the conference tournaments roll around, we will be playing on all cylinders!

It was one game, there's still four months left until Conference Tournaments. A lot can happen in four months.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

And UK just wiped the floor with Kansas. I'll change my avatar to an IU logo if Kentucky is unranked at the end of the regular season. They're ridiculously talented and experienced for a Cal-coached UK team.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Rankings:

1. Kentucky

2. Arizona

3. Duke

4. Wisconsin

5. Kansas

6. North Carolina

7. Florida

8. Virginia

9. Louisville

10. Texas

11. Wichita State

12. Vilanova

13. Gonzaga

14. Iowa State

15. UConn

16. VCU

17. San Diego State

18. Michigan State

19. Oklahoma

20. Ohio State

21. Nebraska

22. SMU

23. Michigan

24. Syracuse

25. Iowa

It was one game, there's still four months left until Conference Tournaments. A lot can happen in four months.

To say that this team will be unranked by conference tournaments is ridiculous. These are not just freshman (4) like in years past and the team is loaded with Sophomores & Juniors. I am not gonna say they are gonna win it all, but I will say they won't fall out of the Top 15 all year.

And UK just wiped the floor with Kansas. I'll change my avatar to an IU logo if Kentucky is unranked at the end of the regular season. They're ridiculously talented and experienced for a Cal-coached UK team.

I will change my avatar to U of L if that is the case as well.

spacer.png

Yes, please! :D If the Cards are unranked at the end of the regular season, my avatar will be changed to Kentucky as a bet. ^_^

Anyway, the Cards should not have any problems until the Dec. 2 game against Ohio State in the BIG/ACC challenge (Montrezl will dunk all over them though) and Montrezl Harrell is playing exceptional during the first 2 games of the year.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Didn't I hear something that Kentucky's roster would have the 2nd-tallest roster if they were in the NBA? That's....something.

As for Georgia, they'll probably go something like 5-6 in non-conference games, then go 11-7 in SEC games and miss the tournament again. I think Georgia State will be carrying the state's proverbial flag for tournament considerations......

Yes, please! :D If the Cards are unranked at the end of the regular season, my avatar will be changed to Kentucky as a bet. ^_^

Anyway, the Cards should not have any problems until the Dec. 2 game against Ohio State in the BIG/ACC challenge (Montrezl will dunk all over them though) and Montrezl Harrell is playing exceptional during the first 2 games of the year.

The bet is on!

spacer.png

Phoenix at Chase Field? I would have though Glendale would be a more natural fit.

It is.

It's officially a "Phoenix Metro" Final Four at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale hosted by Arizona State from Tempe. And I'm sure all the media/fan tests will be set up in Scottsdale like they do for the Super Bowl.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

as a die hard vanderbilt fan I'll change mine to Tennessee

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Man I am loving this Miami team so far. The transfers have all played well so far, and there is also some good experience with Lecomte and the only guy left from the 2012 team in Jekiri. These guys are great rebounders and play amazing in the second half. I expect a top 25 ranking if they win Sunday and a top 6 finish in the ACC if they keep playing well.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

So tonight I heard a college pep band play this little ditty:

The home team was up by 42 at the moment, so burninating was definitely happening.

Also I was probably one of five people in the stands to really appreciate that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I remember when the Great Alaska Shootout used to matter. Now, it is where Pete Gillen becomes irrelevant as a coach and as a person who is on CBS Sports Network.

I just looked at the schools that played in this tournament the last few years...this tournament used to have the likes of Duke and Kansas and Marquette. Now they have the likes of Mercer, UC Riverside, and Northeastern. What happened?

Archived