SEC Football Uniforms – Back to the Basics

tbdaniel15

i love single color numbers but i think Auburn is one that needs an outline around the number because the logo is treated that way and right now its the only element that is treated that way. i think the white jersey would fit better into the whole set if the sleeve stripes were all orange. that would give you the same layout/design as the blue jersey.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Auburn needs a number outline. I LOVE the way no outline looks, specifically in football, but Auburn's uniforms have so many stripes that the numbers don't look like they belong. I also would look at the stripe pattern consistency. The jerseys come across as 2 different uniforms.

I gotta say, I'm just glad you did something different with Auburn. I've seen the exact same concept so many times.

Now, as far as a concept goes (and I'll keep my pro-Auburn opinions away from this) I think the stripes need to match better. You have the helmets and pants, as well as the white jerseys, matching, as the blue and orange tops have completely different stripe patterns. I think you could put a blue-orange-blue-orange-blue stripe on there, possibly, and it would fit better.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Now, as far as a concept goes (and I'll keep my pro-Auburn opinions away from this) I think the stripes need to match better. You have the helmets and pants, as well as the white jerseys, matching, as the blue and orange tops have completely different stripe patterns. I think you could put a blue-orange-blue-orange-blue stripe on there, possibly, and it would fit better.

I would agree with this. The blue and orange jerseys seem out of place with the rest of the elements.

gYH2mW9.png

*Updated Auburn Tigers:

- added and changed striping patterns to be uniform on each set

- added stroke to each number set

9yqWLQs.png

eNDAGpE.png

pUAV7qJ.png

I think the stripping is a big up grade. Nice job. However, the numbers are still off. If you look at your stripe pattern, you have a contrast color, with the jersey/pants color outside of that, followed by another contrasting stripe outside of that. I think the numbers should mirror this. So if you have blue numbers on a white shirt, try blue numbers, outlined in white(jersey color), then outlined in orange. Similarly, white numbers outlined in blue(jersey color), outlined in orange. This is similar to the outline the New England patriots currently have.

Unless I'm missing some explanation, I'm not seeing how changing away from what they have now is "going back to basics" in any way for Auburn. While I like what you did with Missouri as far as simplification and consistency, the sleeve stripes as you've got them on the update and the outlines on the numbers over-complicate the uniform. While I take Brandon's point, I don't think the numbers should be outlined if simplification is what you're going for. If you want to match the logo to the numbers, try removing the outline from the AU.

Again, I could be missing something, but I don't think the updates to Auburn's uniform are a return to "basics" by any means.

(Also, outside of the concept of this thread, I do like the sleeve stripes on your Auburn update.)

Unless I'm missing some explanation, I'm not seeing how changing away from what they have now is "going back to basics" in any way for Auburn. While I like what you did with Missouri as far as simplification and consistency, the sleeve stripes as you've got them on the update and the outlines on the numbers over-complicate the uniform. While I take Brandon's point, I don't think the numbers should be outlined if simplification is what you're going for. If you want to match the logo to the numbers, try removing the outline from the AU.

Again, I could be missing something, but I don't think the updates to Auburn's uniform are a return to "basics" by any means.

(Also, outside of the concept of this thread, I do like the sleeve stripes on your Auburn update.)

I think by "back to basics" he means no longer using patterns (Maryland), none of the chrome finishes (Oregon), none of the elaborate stripes, ... but using just basic stripes down the side of the pants and across the shoulders, throwback style uniforms.

I think by "back to basics" he means no longer using patterns (Maryland), none of the chrome finishes (Oregon), none of the elaborate stripes, ... but using just basic stripes down the side of the pants and across the shoulders, throwback style uniforms.

CLEstones hit it right on the head. The main point is just trying to simplify these sets to achieve a clean, cohesive feel. At the same time, I love being able to take the comments given and present those ideas in a creative form.

I think you nailed it with Auburn (but you forgot the stroke on the orange jersey).

I like Georgia. Its clean, its uniform, its cohesive.

The only comment I would have is the sleeve stripe inconsistency. The red jersey goes B/R/W, while the white goes R/W/B. Although I think it looks great, I know you said you wanted to focus on consistency. You may want to match the Red and White stripes between the jerseys. I am not saying it will improve the look of the uniform... I'm just keeping in mind your effort to be consistent between the uniforms.

Auburn is a bit different but it still feels like Auburn. I like it. In my opinion, Georgia is close but I would make two changes. I would make the home jersey stripes inverted so the thick stripe is white and the outer stripe is black (this would return it to the exact style Herschel Walker wore). I would also return the silver britches. Georgia without silver pants is like the Yankees without the pinstripes. Overall, nice concepts.

Auburn is a bit different but it still feels like Auburn. I like it. In my opinion, Georgia is close but I would make two changes. I would make the home jersey stripes inverted so the thick stripe is white and the outer stripe is black (this would return it to the exact style Herschel Walker wore). I would also return the silver britches. Georgia without silver pants is like the Yankees without the pinstripes. Overall, nice concepts.

I gotta agree. I've seen so many AU concepts in my time and none have truly felt like Auburn.

I'd have to agree about switching the stripes on the home Georgia tops too.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

That update looks fantastic for Georgia. One other minor nitpick that didn't draw my attention the first time... if you are using sleeve striping, I would avoid contrasting sleeve cuffs. If you made that one change, this concept would be perfect for my Dawgs. Any chance of a black alternate? Looking forward to seeing the rest of your teams! Nice work thus far.

Archived