SEC Football Uniforms – Back to the Basics

tbdaniel15

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not feeling those stripes on A&M. you replaced their unique stripes with the common Northwestern stripe. this series really focuses on shape (stripes, number font) and color to separate teams and A&M just blends in with the crowd here. dont be afraid to keep that things that work well

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I just don't view a lot of these as improvements. Why add Northwestern stripes to almost every team in the SEC? Auburn should use them, that's their classic look. Your concept for them didn't look bad and I applaud you for doing something different for them but I feel like that look would be better for Florida.

Georgia pulls off the northwestern stripes pretty well, Texas A&M & Mizzou need something different. I'd take their modern looks over the ones you came up with, I don't want everyone in the SEC looking the same or using the same template. Arkansas isn't bad but I'd argue their current look is better too. Also that throwback is kind of nice but it looks just like Alabama, I felt like I was watching Alabama's spring game when they played earlier this year.

I get the point of the project and I'm not trying to bash you for your concepts but I just don't see these as improvements, it makes me feel like you are putting everyone on the same template and that is just kind of boring IMO.

EDIT: Maybe you could build off of Texas A&M's throwback look? Just an idea.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I feel like this A&M set would work better with the lateral sleeve stripes that they wore in the 70s (and the current set).

texam1976.jpg

Or maybe the UCLA-style stripes they wore in the 60s.

texam1963early.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived