• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and it really f****** sucks. Like, why us? Why not the Red Wings?

What is exciting is Marko Dano is looking legit, so is Alex Wennberg, Kerby Rychel is going to develop into a decent second/third liner, Oliver Bjorkstrand is burning through the WHL, and If Ryan Murray could ever stay healthy he'd be the next Scott Niedermayer. Also, Ryan Johansen, Nick Foligno, Scott Hartnell are all having big years and will likely continue to do so in the next couple years, Cam Atkinson reupped for three more years, Dubinsky resigned as well, and there's Bob. Just need to make some upgrades on defense and this team could compete with anyone.

Injuries happen to every team, but there's no way it'll be this bad again next year. It can't be. That's what I keep telling myself. They're this year's version of last year's Islanders. I also keep telling myself that.

Exactly my point! My goal is that we can hopefully pick up a great dman in the draft, because I for one hate Johnson. Hopefully with Boll's suspension we can put him on waivers to free up a spot next season. This season was difficult, I'll leave it at that.

That's what- She

and it really f****** sucks. Like, why us? Why not the Red Wings?

What is exciting is Marko Dano is looking legit, so is Alex Wennberg, Kerby Rychel is going to develop into a decent second/third liner, Oliver Bjorkstrand is burning through the WHL, and If Ryan Murray could ever stay healthy he'd be the next Scott Niedermayer. Also, Ryan Johansen, Nick Foligno, Scott Hartnell are all having big years and will likely continue to do so in the next couple years, Cam Atkinson reupped for three more years, Dubinsky resigned as well, and there's Bob. Just need to make some upgrades on defense and this team could compete with anyone.

Injuries happen to every team, but there's no way it'll be this bad again next year. It can't be. That's what I keep telling myself. They're this year's version of last year's Islanders. I also keep telling myself that.

Exactly my point! My goal is that we can hopefully pick up a great dman in the draft, because I for one hate Johnson. Hopefully with Boll's suspension we can put him on waivers to free up a spot next season. This season was difficult, I'll leave it at that.

Luckily for you, you'll likely end up in just the right position to draft Provorov, whose stock is quickly rising, or Hanifin, whose stock is slowly declining but will likely still be a big name from the draft.

I find this "fans rooting against the home team saga" fascinating. My only worry is that the players will get pissed off now that it's obviously weighing on them and try extra hard.

“It’s tough to get momentum when your fans are rooting against you,” Weber said. “That’s the unfortunate part. I’ve never seen that before. I’ve always spoken extremely high of our fans. I don’t even know if disappointed is the word. They scored that first one, our fans are cheering. Delayed penalty, they cheer. They cheer when they score to win the game. I don’t know. I don’t even know what to say.”

Weber, however, had plenty more on his mind.
“This is extremely frustrating for us. We don’t want to be here,” he said. “We understand where we are. We understand what this team is doing, what the organization is doing, the place we’ve put ourselves in. I’ve never been a part of something like that where the away team comes into a home building and they’re cheering for them.
“I respect our fans. I love our fans. I show up to work every day to do whatever I can for them and to play hard for them and my teammates. I’ve never seen that before.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-bow-to-coyotes-pleasing-the-pro-tank-partisans-20150326

194279%20sabres%20scull%200105.jpg

I find this "fans rooting against the home team saga" fascinating. My only worry is that the players will get pissed off now that it's obviously weighing on them and try extra hard.

It's all quite ... Erie.

I saw, I came, I left.

Brian Gionta, bless his heart, refuses to criticize fans for cheering against the Sabres last night:

Captain Brian Gionta simply was not going to go down the road of criticism of his fans.

“Our fans were cheering for us,” Gionta said. “We have great fans. We have a great city with passionate fans.”
Asked if he really believed the fans were behind the Sabres in the wake of Arizona goals, Gionta said, “It happens. A lot of teams have support here, whether it’s Montreal, New York, teams like that. You get opposing teams in the building. You’re always going to have them cheering.”
But when asked if he really believed those were Arizona Coyotes fans, a stern-looking Gionta said only, “Our fans were cheering for us last night.”

Draft lottery will reportedly be April 18, the first Saturday of the playoffs.

I heard that Sportsnet won't even have live coverage. It'll just be a press release?

Apparently it's so the league doesn't look like it's promoting tanking.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Draft lottery will reportedly be April 18, the first Saturday of the playoffs.

I heard that Sportsnet won't even have live coverage. It'll just be a press release?

Apparently it's so the league doesn't look like it's promoting tanking.

They do want an audience; it's normally between the regular season and the playoffs, but now it's going to be paired up with playoff games. Their reason was that it's too boring; they will supposedly release a video online afterwards. How many times they have to film that video before the Coyotes end up with McDavid is unknown.

If the league wants to discourage tanking with a new lottery format, why not just give everyone in the bottom-five the same odds? Let's say 12% each, 6% from 6-10, and 2.5% from 11-14. It rewards worse teams while disincentiving all-out tanking. And it's not overly-complicated.

Oh G-d I didn't think of that...

It's going to happen, isn't it?

The lottery is actually performed by a separate accounting firm, with representatives of all thirty teams present during the process. Unless the Yotes beg Glendale for enough money to pay 'em all off, were pretty safe from it being rigged.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Buffalo doesn't have too much to worry about, either way they get a franchise player.

If you're not top 2 worst however, you miss out on both.

As for the Sabres unhappy with fans cheering opponents, they have to keep in mind they are in fact cheering the Sabres - long term. It's not like they're burning jerseys or not going to games.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Buffalo doesn't have too much to worry about, either way they get a franchise player.

If you're not top 2 worst however, you miss out on both.

If you're 30th, you have a 100% chance of getting one of them.

If you're 29th, you have a 33.5% chance of getting one of them.

If you're 28th, you have a 11.5% chance of getting McDavid, no shot at Eichel.

Archived