Marvel Comic's Heroes Fantasy League Concept

The Nati MacDaddy

I have had an idea cooking in my head for a fantasy league concept that I call "Simply MARVELous" FFL. I first must say that while some of the work is mine, most of the graphics that depict a particular superhero, are of course the work of Stan Lee and the artists at Marvel Comics. On this post I used a Nike Revolution helmet template on Photoshop to come up with the 8 teams below. I have grouped all 8 together to save space. Each image separately is W 755 pixels H 645 pixels. The image uploads nicely in an ESPN formatted league called League Manager. Images are used as an Avatar for the team and are much smaller in dimension once they are uploaded on the Team page. I find that if I work in a larger scale with the original I can retain more detail once the image is reduced in the upload process.

This is also where you want to go to copy the direct link and upload the image. Feel free to use any of my creations if you are in an ESPN league that allows you to reference an image from the web. Click on the image of your choice and when it loads on a new page just left click on the field that says "Direct" I am not sure if the other styes of helmets will format correctly on an ESPN league but you can always download the image to your own personal file and tweak it for whatever type of league that you are in. I am editing this topic by adding the images from a new 3rd party host. Here are 2 League Shield concepts to start.

Simp_Marvelous_League_Shield_2.pngSimp_Marvelous_League_Shield.png

Here are my first 8 Teams

Simply_Marvelous_FFL_concept_league_team

Teams that I am still working on include: The Human Torch (Too Hot to Handle)
Incredible Hulk (Don't Make Us Angry) Silver Surfer(Time to get Waxed) Iron Man (The Flying Tin Man)

I am considering a DC comics League and need a good name. There is also the possibility of combining the Marvel and DC comics into one league of 16 teams. I don't know if that is too large or not. It would definitely be a challenge.

One last idea I had for a league would be heros vs villans in either DC or Marvel format. Give me your thoughts. Thanks!

Long-time lurker but first-time poster. I've been meaning to register for a while, and this thread is what prompted me to do so.

This is a really cool idea, and I like what you've done with it so far. I have to say that I prefer the idea of a DC vs Marvel league with the two best teams from each conference, if you will, meeting in a Comic Super Bowl.

As for team names, I like the names you have but more for use as the team slogan, perhaps, than the team moniker. Many characters' names are cool enough to be team names on their own. For instance, I'd consider the following names with some of your mottoes and the characters' official mottoes:

Fantastics: Bend but Don't Break (pluralizing Mr. Fantastic wouldn't really work here)

Punishers: If You Want Peace, Prepare for War

Daredevils: The Men Without Fear

Captains: Patriot Gamers

Things: Clobberin' Time

Wolverines: Cutcha Up

Asgardians: Hammer Time (again, pluralizing Thor doesn't work)

Spider-Men: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Human Torches: Too Hot to Handle

Incredible Hulks: You Wouldn't Like Us When We're Angry (or, simply, Smash!)

Silver Surfers: Time to Get Waxed

Iron Men: Flying Tin Men

As for the helmets and color schemes, the ones that I think are great and need absolutely no work are those of the Punisher, Daredevil (love the horns), Captain America, Wolverine, and Thor. I'm not crazy about the Mr. Fantastic helmet logo, but I don't have any suggestions. Regarding the Thing, I'd consider making the helmet logo-free and instead opt for the rock texture. As for Spider-Man, the honeycomb design doesn't conjure webs in my mind. I'd try either using the spider alone or, similar to my feedback regarding The Thing, jettisoning the spider logo and going with a web motif all over (red web, white background, blue facemask?).

I hope some of that helps. I look forward to checking back in to see any updates or mods you make. I hope you do a DC conference, too.

OK here is what I have been working on since my last post.

Simply_MARVELous_FFL_12_teams.png

Please Keep suggestions for other teams, team names, team slogan, and comments on helmet designs coming. I think this league concept is shaping up very nicely.

Here are the names that I have so far.

Asgardians- Thor

Slogan- "Hammer Time"

Captains- Captain America

Slogan- "Patriot Gamers"

Crankin'- Silver Surfer ( This is a surfing term that means the waves are of high quality)

Slogan- "Time to get Waxed"

Daredevils- Daredevil (I think name could use some work)

Slogan- "Men without Fear"

Fantastics- Mr. Fantastic

Slogan-"Bend but Don't Break"

The Inferno- Human Torch

Slogan-"Too Hot to Handle"

Iron Men- Iron Man

Slogan- "Flying Tin Men"

Punishers- The Punisher (This name will not be changed)

Slogan-"If you want Peace, Prepare for War"

Smash- Incredible Hulk

Slogan-"You wouldn't like us when we're angry"

Web Slingers- The Amazing Spiderman

Slogan- "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

Wild Things-The Thing

Slogan- "Clobberin' Time" (This will not change)

Wolverines- Wolverine (This name will not change)

Slogan- "We're the best there is at what we do but what we do best isn't very nice."

(This will not change)

Once I have the teams finished I will send out invites to those who have contributed their comments to join this FREE ESPN League (Just for bragging rights no money involved) If you already have an interest let me know the team of your choice. I will go with your suggestion for team name and slogan.

I am in the process of creating a DC comics league also. Teams that I am working on so far are Men of Steel Green Machine Waterboys Dark Knights (I will post these once completed.)

Give me your suggestions for other teams and team names.

Here is the latest update to the Captains helmet design. This is looking nice and now it is hard for me to choose. Row one is more of a retro or throwback look Rows 2 and 3 are variants off of the movie design of the costume. I particularly like the beveled look of the seams that I tried to replicate. I also went with a rotated perspective both left and right to show the subtlety of the number on the helmet idea. Give me your thoughts. They are helping.

Captains_versions_copy.png

I agree about the Hulk helmet. A radiation symbol was suggested and I put it out there but so far I like the Fists punching through the helmet. I am considering the fists smashing together. Do you Like the team name Smash for the Hulk team or maybe something like Hulkamania or The Hulksters.

I am using the blue textured Fantastic 4 background on the Fantastics helmet and don't want a duplicate even though they are a part of the same superhero team. I'll put it out and let it get some feedback. The other issue is the Fantastics helmet also has a fist. I will toy around with the logo and see what appeals to the forum's set of eyes.

Here are the 3 new versions of Team Smash. Let's hear what you think.

3_new_versions_of_Smash_copy.png

My suggestion for Hulk - one fist. Of those three, the angry face on top is my facorite, scdonded by the bottom one.

As a big Silver Surfer fan, I hate "Crankin'" I get why you came up with that, but that's more old timey surfer and not the space riding herald that we all love. I think simply The Silver Surfers is fine. The Power Cosmic, or The Heralds could work.

Wolverine's motto should be "We're the best there is at what we do but what we do best isn't very nice."

Here's some more ideas for teams:

Inhumans - The Inhumans

Storm (why not a woman?) - The Storm

Captain Marvel (the Carol Danvers version) - The Marvels

Ghost Rider - The Spirits of Vengeance (flaming skull helmet - yes!)

Iron Fist - The Dragons (or The Immortals)

Cyclops - no name idea but using the current Cyclops costume with the big red X over his eyes as a template for the helmet would be really cool.

Dig the helmet concepts so far. Especially The Captains, The Things, The Asgardians, and The Daredevils. I think the Web-Slingers one could use more work.

I'd love a heroes vs villains league. A Marvel vs DC league would be intriguing as well. The DC guys are probably going to be pretty easy, as most of them you could just use their chest logos.

My suggestion for Hulk - one fist. Of those three, the angry face on top is my facorite, scdonded by the bottom one.

As a big Silver Surfer fan, I hate "Crankin'" I get why you came up with that, but that's more old timey surfer and not the space riding herald that we all love. I think simply The Silver Surfers is fine. The Power Cosmic, or The Heralds could work.

Wolverine's motto should be "We're the best there is at what we do but what we do best isn't very nice."

Here's some more ideas for teams:

Inhumans - The Inhumans

Storm (why not a woman?) - The Storm

Captain Marvel (the Carol Danvers version) - The Marvels

Ghost Rider - The Spirits of Vengeance (flaming skull helmet - yes!)

Iron Fist - The Dragons (or The Immortals)

Cyclops - no name idea but using the current Cyclops costume with the big red X over his eyes as a template for the helmet would be really cool.

Dig the helmet concepts so far. Especially The Captains, The Things, The Asgardians, and The Daredevils. I think the Web-Slingers one could use more work.

I'd love a heroes vs villains league. A Marvel vs DC league would be intriguing as well. The DC guys are probably going to be pretty easy, as most of them you could just use their chest logos.

Thanks for some of your thoughts. This is going to evolve into something big I think. When there are more options for teams it makes joining the league more appealing. I will post some of your new team ideas and let you look them over. Thanks :D

Not sure if it's too late or not, but for Wolverine:

"We're the best there is at what we do..."

I think I will go with this slogan. It was suggested two posts before yours. 3rd person plural is cool way to quote it as if it was the entire team making the statement. I Like it alot !!! Very BAD Ass

I will update the Wolverine Team Slogan in RED in the early post that I made. All contributors to this thread can check that particular post to stay updated.

Not sure if it's too late or not, but for Wolverine:

"We're the best there is at what we do..."

I think I will go with this slogan. It was suggested two posts before yours. 3rd person plural is cool way to quote it as if it was the entire team making the statement. I Like it alot !!! Very BAD Ass

I will update the Wolverine Team Slogan in RED in the early post that I made. All contributors to this thread can check that particular post to stay updated.

lol. I didn't even look at the posts before mine. I guess that's what happens when you're bored at work.

Good series.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived