infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - NFL Week 7

infrared41

It's been an unusual season for uniform match ups. We're seven weeks in and we still haven't had a full worst list, only a couple full-fledged train wrecks, and the best list has seen teams ranked higher than their looks normally merit. You'll see that this week is another perfect example of that. Put 60 seconds on the clock and let's play our game.

Best:

1. Vikings at Bills: This is Minnesota's first non-throwback week in the top spot. As I said last week, the Vikings new look didn't go over well with me at first, but it's really grown on me. I like the home set a lot. The Bills look great in all-white. This game should be page one, chapter one in the book of "How to modernize an NFL uniform." Both of these teams knocked it out of the park with their new looks.

635493396445630024-USATSI-8152202.jpg

2. Panthers at Packers: the Panthers look good in all white and the Packers have one of the best home looks in the NFL. Good looking game. Great helmet match up.

72607fa5-1c4b-4765-8d7d-0c8d6224d94d.jpg

3. Giants at Cowboys: the Giants were enough to put this game in the #3 spot this week. Fix the Cowboys colors and this one goes straight to #1. Despite the color issues, this was still a pretty good looking game. Another great helmet match up.

94228132-4c75-4989-8ed9-71bcce2ae295.jpg

4. Texans at Steelers: put Houston in all white and this game moves up a few slots. Put Houston in white pants and put block number fonts on the Steelers jerseys and this one moves to #1 this week. But the Texans wore blue pants, the Steelers still have a lousy number font, and this game only makes the #4 slot.

bff91e14-ca9c-46ec-93e5-c564402f96f7.jpg

5. Saints at Lions: thankfully, New Orleans decided to dress like an NFL team this week. If there is such a thing as a uniform taking advantage of a weak schedule, the Lions are the perfect example of it. Seven weeks in and I think the Lions have been on this list at least 5 times. Detroit is capitalizing on a weak uniform match up schedule.

628x471-4.jpg

Worst:

1. Falcons at Ravens: Atlanta's look was ugly when it debuted. Now it's ugly and dated. The worst part? The Falcons are letting one of the best uniforms in the NFL gather dust in a closet. If Atlanta ever switches full time to their alternates, they would shoot straight to the top five. The Ravens just look ridiculous.

141019_RobertAlford_TL_CP.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll try it again next week.

BB52Big.jpg

Really surprised there's no love for Chiefs-Chargers. That might have been the best matchup of the year IMO

Really surprised there's no love for Chiefs-Chargers. That might have been the best matchup of the year IMO

Also, the Browns and Jags wasn't nice to look at. I love the Browns set, but the clash of colors with the Jags just made it bad to watch.

sig.png

The Chiefs and Chargers was a great game in terms of color balance, sure. But the Chargers weighed it down heavily. Those Chargers jerseys are far from great. This is by far the worst set (home-road-alt) the Chargers have ever worn, but at least the alternate is in light blue. It's still in a crappy template with an awful font and navy muddying things, but yes, it's miles better than their home and road sets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Best:

1. Vikings at Bills: This is Minnesota's first non-throwback week in the top spot. As I said last week, the Vikings new look didn't go over well with me at first, but it's really grown on me. I like the home set a lot. The Bills look great in all-white. This game should be page one, chapter one in the book of "How to modernize an NFL uniform." Both of these teams knocked it out of the park with their new looks.

635493396445630024-USATSI-8152202.jpg

4. Texans at Steelers: put Houston in all white and this game moves up a few slots. Put Houston in white pants and put block number fonts on the Steelers jerseys and this one moves to #1 this week. But the Texans wore blue pants, the Steelers still have a lousy number font, and this game only makes the #4 slot.

bff91e14-ca9c-46ec-93e5-c564402f96f7.jpg

I would once again become a big fan of the Texans dark pants if they had the good sense to bring back the red socks. As it currently sits, its a bad look.

And the Vikings at infrared's number 1? Wow, just two years ago they were pretty much always at the bottom. I've really come to love the Vikes' current look, but I'm an admitted homer for them... nice to see someone without an emotional tie likes them, too.

Archived