Minnesota Fighting Pike Logo Re-Work

hettinger_rl

As I was working on my Water Wolves Hockey concept the thought of the Minnesota Fighting Pike AFL team popped up and I realized how many issues I had with their logo. Firstly, it doesn't necessarily depict a pike, more of a walleye (which in some circles is nicknamed the walleyed pike, i guess). Second, so many little lines. And finally, colors placed all over to depict scales, but it comes off almost camo. So I decided that I would try my hand at altering to logo and re-working it. Please post your questions and C&C, I can feel that there are some things left to do. Here is what I came up with:

Old:

5654.gif148118_orig.jpg

And mine:

b7035v.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Really nice. I wonder if it could use a little more black for accent on the body. Maybe vertically in a curve next to the white?

Very solid upgrade to a rather beat up looking logo. The only thing that I would suggest is perhaps incorporating some of that beautiful emerald-green color seen on the helmet, I think that would really make the logo pop.

Updates based on feedback:

2z6tj4p.jpg2mwb19w.jpg

Yes, but it does look more like a walleye.

51q4NTKmDRL.jpg

Yeah I went with the walleye shape only because I just did a pike concept. But changing colors and flipping it could work:

1idb7t.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Really nice. I wonder if it could use a little more black for accent on the body. Maybe vertically in a curve next to the white?

Very solid upgrade to a rather beat up looking logo. The only thing that I would suggest is perhaps incorporating some of that beautiful emerald-green color seen on the helmet, I think that would really make the logo pop.

Updates based on feedback:

2z6tj4p.jpg2mwb19w.jpg

As far as the black line, what you did actually helped with consistency, but actually I meant like a thicker black vertical line and it could taper towards the bottom. This could give it shading and depth. But no one is complaining about how it looks now, though.

Archived