Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

52351f5c026a2.image.jpg1380657555000-USATSI-7459901.jpg940x.jpg

The numbers are beyond horrible. The yellow helmet looks terrible and is completely unnecessary. The throwback helmet hastily thrown on top of the current jersey and pants is laughably ugly and lazy. The black sleeves on the navy blue jerseys is stupid and confusing considering there is not a sliver of black anywhere on the white and gold uniforms.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those yellow helmets looks great.

I disagree. I don't like the matte and I don't like the spacing (or lack thereof) on the logo. The same problem can be found on the other helmets. Compare to how it used to be... It's a minor detail, but very noticeable to me

NewWeb_3_helmets_3.jpg

Oldwest-virginia-university-football-automa

And as hokey as it sounds, a gold helmet just doesn't look like WVU to me. To me WVU should always wear the old helmet above, for the rest of eternity.

90758391980.gif

I may not like specific jerseys, or the act of changing them and downgrading the appearance, but none of them incite anger in me. You might want to change hobbies/passions/interests if something like a uniform angers you, maybe even seek help.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

And as hokey as it sounds, a gold helmet just doesn't look like WVU to me. To me WVU should always wear the old helmet above, for the rest of eternity.

It doesn't sound hokey at all. Certain teams should have certain looks. That's one of the most disappointing things for me with Nike's Illinois rebrand. Illinois should always have orange helmets and wear navy jerseys at home. That's not really that restrictive. When the Illini take the field in orange jerseys with navy helmets or head-to-toe white, that's not Illinois.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Retro-for-retro's-sake uniforms from teams that had fine modern looks.... this is especially bad in hockey:

7u4ZOo3.jpg

vi33Jo0.png

ujbcKaI.jpg

5gL7nfN.jpg

vPeaNJW.jpg

dg6WGGn.jpg

lRnUv9I.jpg

xHC0TmT.jpg

Lightning: I agree. But they really haven't had a strong uniform set that I have a 100% behind.

Hurricanes/Stars: Disagree. THe new stars uniforms are massive upgrades over the previous set. Yes I like the All Star game rip offs but these aren't horrible either. All the hurricanes need to do is add black trim and they would be perfect.

Blue Jackets: Kinda disagree. Change the cream to white and you have a solid alternate.

Panthers: Agree. They have been in downgrade mode for the last 15 or so years.

Wild: Maybe. but they haven't had a strong look that I have fully embraced.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Buffalo Sabres Third; You'd think they'd learn from the Buffaslug debacle...

Calgary Flames; Worst uniforms in the NHL since 2007

Carolina Hurricanes; Wrecked a previously attractive and instantly recognizable identity to cash in on the latest trends. Failed miserably.

Colorado Avalanche; Bettman piped monstrosities. No contrast on the Home.

Nashville Predators; Piping for pipings sake

Pittsburgh Penguins; Just a panelled mess.

San Jose Sharks; Blew a golden opportunity to have one of the top looks in a league. Their excuses for removing the hem stripes were laughable. Keeping the front numbers and still using the god awful "Black armour's" in the playoffs was unforgivable.

Buffalo Sabres Third; You'd think they'd learn from the Buffaslug debacle...

I didn't even think of it 'til now, but imagine that third jersey with the slug on the front! That would be right up there with the Burger King, fish stick, and Wild Wing jerseys.

the Dallas Stars logo (the chocolate starfish) and jersey, the Buccaneers jersey and helmet (like the new logo alot), the Minnesota Wilds everything (it's dumb)

The Buccaneers is the only one that makes me angry.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

There are jerseys/uniforms that I don't like, but there are none that make me angry. If a jersey and/or uniform are making you angry, then you need to set up a bunch of sessions with your local psychologists as you have serious problems that can't be cured in one session. :)

Texas Longhorns road uniforms (football). Way too much white for my liking. Atleast Penn State wears blue facemasks & black shoes when they are one the road.

Atlanta Braves navy blue alts. Needs red numbers badly.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The Stars were part of the first expansion, they have every right to look traditional. And both of the Lightning's first two uniform sets were awful.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived