Yankees mlb jersey logo

JasonFromMiami

In 2010 the Yankees replaced the navy, white, red, mlb batter logo on the back of their jerseys with a navy, white, grey mlb logo.

this puzzels me, since they don´t have grey in their logo scheme.

first of all i don´t even get the change, they have red in the tophat logo, and if they really wanted to change, should it not be navy, white, navy, like the Tigers at home.

Anyone know where that grey come from ?

It comes from their BP uniforms, which use Gray as a secondary color. I believe they are attempting to make Gray a secondary color for merchandise, as opposed to the Red and (Royal) Blue used in the primary mark.

It's a bit confusing, but the Gray they use for their BP uniforms is a different shade of Gray than what is used for their road uniforms.

It comes from their BP uniforms, which use Gray as a secondary color. I believe they are attempting to make Gray a secondary color for merchandise, as opposed to the Red and (Royal) Blue used in the primary mark.

It's a bit confusing, but the Gray they use for their BP uniforms is a different shade of Gray than what is used for their road uniforms.

It is? Is it even close?

And I agree with OP - it should be Navy-White-Navy. The gray gets lost on both the home and road jerseys and looks unbalanced.

Anubis.png

Thanks for the info ColorWerx, strange that they changed something like that the year after their 2009 WS win, you rarely make changes after a championship. Could be the start of a new curse, Lets see how many years it takes them to win another title.

Another oddity is Washington´s mlb logo, where the colors are reversed.

Archived