San Jose Sharks concept set

Roger Clemente

When the Sharks did away with their colored shoulders and the waist stripping, I didn't necessarily think it was bad. It works on the teal jersey, but the white jersey is admittedly blander.

But what struck he as odd is the overwhelming contrast of teal to black on the jerseys now. And yet, they use black pants.

There are not many teams in the NHL that wear black, but don't wear black pants. And to my knowledge, there has only even been two black jerseys that were worn with non-black pants. (the 2003 Mighty Ducks alternate and the Coyotes alternate they had up until last year). However, the Carolina Hurricanes have demonstrated to me that even if you have black as a significant color to your identity, you can get away with not using it as the pants color as long as the jerseys aren't black themselves.

So with that in mind, I decided to try a Sharks set with teal pants. And here we are...

sharks400-F_zpsc9233a9f.png

I realize that in only to make it work well, especially with the white jersey, is that it does require a might higher ratio of teal over black. So that it what I've done.

Comments and critique welcome.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Great work, Roger. Amazing to have you back in the Concepts section. I used to spend hours looking at your creations on your Geocities site and now you're back at the game. Welcome home.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived