NHL Concept - Seattle Stealth

Sean F&F

I came up with this idea for a Seattle based NHL team named the Stealth. The name ties into their history of aviation (like the Seattle Pilots and Supersonics) and also incorporates some green since Seattle is nicknamed the Emerald City.

I also found out after I had finished this concept that there was a Washington Stealth Lacrosse team, but the colors are way different and it doesn't have any similarities style wise.

seattle-stealth-hockey-concept1.png

The logo is an F117 stealth fighter. I took a photo of one and outlined the angles and lines in green, making the outline and the cockpit window thicker than the rest. I chose this color green since it reminds me of the green of nightvision goggles and it goes well with the Stealth name.

I kept the stripes on the jersey thin, basically making them outlines of stripes so that they are visible but not too much, playing into the stealth name.

I...actually like it. To do the numbers properly, you'd have to make the outline REALLY thick, kinda Toronto Blue Jays style, but it would still work and still keep them from being green.

But how on earth would you do the white jersey?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I...actually like it. To do the numbers properly, you'd have to make the outline REALLY thick, kinda Toronto Blue Jays style, but it would still work and still keep them from being green.

But how on earth would you do the white jersey?

This. Looks great, though.

Thanks guys.

As for the white jersey, I was thinking of maybe doing a grey jersey instead with some black to highlight the green areas. I'll try a white one as well just to see how it looks.

Instead of gray, maybe use some white winter camo? maybe lightly, like a sublimation?

Perhaps a winter warfare look wouldn't be bad. Could be an instance where the homes and roads are very different, a la Montreal or Minnesota.

But Idk, I'm just spitballing ideas. Your concept there is great (though the numbers need to be improved for realistic legibility), but turning it into a whole identity is going to be rough. Try some ideas, see what works.

That camo idea is interesting. I might have to try that, maybe as a third jersey.

These two concepts are the same as the black jersey's design.

seattle-stealth-hockey-concept-away.png

seattle-stealth-hockey-concept-grey.png

I added black around the green stripes to make them stand out more. I also kept the number black and changed the player name to black from green.

I would recommend changing that shade of green

I went with that green since it has a lot of contrast with the black and also because it fits with the Stealth name, like the green from NVGs or the instrument panel from an F117

F-117A-Nighthawk-stealth-fighter-115.jpgF117AFSXssLarge3631.jpg

I have a new jersey, what could be a third jersey, using some subdued camo and a total removal of green. I don't know how I like it, but it's different.

seattle-stealth-hockey-concept-camo.png

Maybe you could try a different perspective (Top Down) on the logo and use a silhouette of the fighter/bomber in the green body with Black Cockpit glass or even in reverse. Mapleleaf style.

It would do away with all the thin lines in the logo but still convey the look of a plane. Maybe even a black logo and a green stroke like your original logo and put logo inside black hockey puck with a 3d perspective also with a green stroke. Keep the green strokes on the gray camo jersey. I think the camo is really cool ! l LOVE the wordmark font and the shade of green. Just my thoughts. Play around with it and post it. I'd like to see if it is doable or not. I also appreciated your input on my latest Marvel FFL post.

I think it just has to be lighter. much lighter.

If you want it to be more like a hockey jersey, maybe limit the camo to certain places, like on the shoulders and in the stripes. Make it so it's a deliberate feature, not just a gimmick.

Really, there is going to have to be a white jersey. You can either do something like this, your original white jersey (which wasn't bad...just lost some of the appeal), or the most black-you-can-cram-onto-a-white-jersey you can find. Detroit-template maybe? Idk. It's all about how close to that original theme do you want, and how exactly do you want to interpret that theme of stealth. Is it just a team name? Is it showing through both jerseys? That's your call. Try some things. Play around.

The NHL would never allow a gray jersey as a permanent home, though. Has to be predominantly white.

Just a thought. Try a white jersey with the gray camo on the shoulders and between the sleeve striping and waist striping and post it for comments. Just need to see a visual. Keep the instrument panel green stripes. I don't think it is awful just different. Definitely eye-catching. Can you also post a link to the last uniform template that you posted. Thanks

Just a thought. Try a white jersey with the gray camo on the shoulders and between the sleeve striping and waist striping and post it for comments. Just need to see a visual. Keep the instrument panel green stripes. I don't think it is awful just different. Definitely eye-catching. Can you also post a link to the last uniform template that you posted. Thanks

I made the template myself. It's still a WIP. I'd have a few people ask about making it available but I'm trying to make it a little more user friendly since it has a lot of layers and I confuse myself sometimes.

Archived