I know what Chivas will look like in 2017

raysox

tumblr_ne4di8wov71qe2dhgo8_500.png

If you may or may not know, Chivas USA played their last MLS game yesterday. Originally started as a feeder club for Liga MX side CD Guadalajara, Chivas played 9 years and made little ripples in the leagues history. The best they could do is get knocked out of the Western Conference Semifinals 4 years in a row. Theyve been in the shadow of the LA Galaxy, who owned the stadium Chivas played at, and won 3(maybe 4) championships in the 9 seasons Chivas played. They are folding, but a new team will take their place in 2017. Here is what Ive concluded the team should/will look like when they play in 2017.

No more references to Chivas USA

Have a drastically different identity to the Galaxy

Look at owner Vincent Tans other teams identities

Use downtown LA, and the people there to their advantage

Philip Guber would own this team, and the Dodgers.

So those 5 things combined for the logo I made.

tumblr_ne4di8wov71qe2dhgo6_r1_500.png

tumblr_ne4di8wov71qe2dhgo7_r1_500.png

Vincent Tan cited a global brand for his reason of changing 100 years of blue and white for Cardiff City, to copy Manchester United. I believe hell do the same. The name can be changed from football to futbol to actually attract a Spanish crowd that Chivas really couldnt. I studied MLS logos and found most of them were pretty simple, and ended in a bottom point. They all had complete names, and most had an animal as a main identity. No MLS team uses a bear. Finally, Guber owns the Dodgers, and Golden State Warriors. Tan owns Cardiff City. The biggest tie is their royal blue colors. Thats why I went with a blue and white clash for the club.

tumblr_ne4di8wov71qe2dhgo9_500.png

tumblr_ne4di8wov71qe2dhgo10_500.png

So if you see this Vincent Tan, hit me up.

This could work...as a rebrand for Sacramento Republic FC should they join MLS.

I vastly agree with you here regarding the points needed for a rebrand, but if Sac-Town ends up coming along, LAFC is gonna have to think about some different marks (red and black is the PERFECT contrast for blue and gold) for their logo.

bYhYmxh.png

This is great. If I had to nitpick, I think the bear's head is a little large for the body... I also think you don't need the little cuts of red into the body for definition either. It slims the bear down slightly too much.

I like everything except for the type on the logo. The "2017" should be centered vertically in that bottom triangle. It looks a little odd up at the top of it. Also, the font selection for "Los Angeles Football Club" feels bland. It looks better where you bolded it on the hashtag. But I still may explore other options.

Hmm that 2017 ran away from where it should be. Might've been a grouping error at some point. But thanks for the comments. Also i think that I may have chose a wrong-but-similar font for the hashtag. I'll fix that tonight.

That being said, why would Sacramento FC rule out anythig? There is nothing concrete about them getting an MLS team before Chivas rebrands.

EDIT-Fixed the fonts

The bear looks more cat-like with all of the points. There definitely needs to be some roundness to the shapes, especially the ears and snout.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Excellent job on this Raysox! I too echo the bear looking more cat-like. But I'm loving the re-branding, the red/black home kits and the blue/white clash kits. Here's hoping something like this comes out in the near future, if not the rebanded Chivas maybe Sacramento if they ever get awarded a franchise.

Nice, clean look. I love the three diagonal stripes motif behind the crest. It would be nice if that were worked into the kits as well.

I think a rebranded Chivas such as this plus a new downtown stadium could really put pressure on the Galaxy. It will be neat to see play out.

I agree with everyone else that the bear needs to be reworked a bit. I'm also not a huge fan of the color scheme...I feel like if you're going to use a dark color, it should be brown instead of black. I'd also think about adding a third, brighter color to the overall brand. Maybe the blue from the clash kit. Everything else is really solid though!

I agree with everyone else that the bear needs to be reworked a bit. I'm also not a huge fan of the color scheme...I feel like if you're going to use a dark color, it should be brown instead of black. I'd also think about adding a third, brighter color to the overall brand. Maybe the blue from the clash kit. Everything else is really solid though!

I disagree about the brown since Sacramento might come into the league later on like Orlando is doing now.

Sacramento_Republic_FC.png

It would be weird to have two teams in California have similar color schemes with both using the bear on the flag.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

MLS has a knack for cutting up the old crests when teams enter the league so I'd think they'd focus on the star for Sacramento. I like the logo for LAFC, but if you're changing colors on teh alternate it'd be better to make it monochrome. Personally, i think keeping the crest in the original colors would help.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived