Biggest upgrades/downgrades

Phils Phan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ververgaert_thumb_061708.jpgGradin_full_061608.jpg

I'll never understand how they thought this was a good idea.

Seeing the jerseys side by side like makes this change even more mind boggling. Ditching the Blue, White and Green should have never happened in the first place so it was great to see it back in 2007. The rebrand was a massive upgrade, not only because of the fantastic colours but because they had the sense to bring back their traditional striping. One look at the recently surfaced prototype from 2006, and its clear the Canucks could have very easily jumped on the "RBK" template bandwagon. Thank god they didn't.

I always thought that the original teal/black/silver San Jose Sharks uniform was fantastic. It combined classic striping with a unique color scheme.

The uniforms they've worn since then have been hit or miss, but none come close to their originals.

I completely agree. I can't think of another franchise in professional sports who has downgraded more than the San Jose Sharks. Their inaugural uniform, logos and shoulder patches were perfect for an expansion team from the 90s. It was a classic look in colors that had never before seen the ice in the NHL. Their current look is boring and dull. They had it right the first time - they never should have changed.

8258450574_2981fefdfd_z.jpg

That jersey is beautiful. Why not simply put this on the Reebok Edge template with the just as awesome matching white jersey and call it a day?

Then one of the biggest upgrades had to be

0f7c31da7b9082b6305f2942c93aaa28.jpg

to

SmylCanucks3.jpg

Call me crazy but I actually love both those Canuck jerseys. I think the Flying 'V's' are really cool and that jersey with the skate is really nice too. I love that old Devils jersey in the background as well.

West Germany Canucks will always be one of my favorites.

Mine too.

Super Bowl notwithstanding, Seattle Seahawks = major league Grade A downgrade.

2001_Seattle.png

2002_Seattle.png

I think this is more of a downgrade. From some of the coolest sleeve stripes ever to the blandest uniforms the NFL has seen in a while. At least the new set has some character to it.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Here is a downgrade for you

fge4lf9ridpgum631fb0gg9tt.gif

to

qlpk0etqwelv8artgc7tvqefu.gif

I strongly disagree on this one. Their old logo was practically just a script logo. That black, red, and metallic gold was absolutely atrocious and wasn't fit for a team that represents the birth of America. However, red and blue does and I'm glad they returned to their roots.

Here is a downgrade for you

fge4lf9ridpgum631fb0gg9tt.gif

to

qlpk0etqwelv8artgc7tvqefu.gif

No just no. The basketball logo is great and should never be changed again. The rectangle part is stupid, but that's only there because of the asinine NBA rule that all teams primary logos must have both city and team name in it.

Archived