I'll admit it, I enjoy the CFL, but I feel that some of the uniforms look God-awful. By no means am I saying that I like the adds, I am including them for authenticity's sake. First up, we have the Toronto Argonauts. Their current uniform set is basically perfect, so I didn't want to change much.

Ne11sWk.png

bhacc8u.png

1Ry4Lsk.png

C&C is greatly appreciated

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit it, I enjoy the CFL, but I feel that some of the uniforms look God-awful. First up, we have the Toronto Argonauts. Their current uniform set is basically perfect, so I didn't want to change much.

Ne11sWk.png

bhacc8u.png

1Ry4Lsk.png

I like the light blue jersey you made. The only thing I would do is add stripes along the middle of the helmet and I would switch the 'A' logo with the Football Ship. Also, out of curiosity, is that a Reebok Football Template that you used? If so, how did you get it? I've been looking for a CFL Template for ages.

I like the light blue jersey you made. The only thing I would do is add stripes along the middle of the helmet and I would switch the 'A' logo with the Football Ship.

I have to agree with these comments.

But so far, so good, I hope to see some others soon.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'll admit it, I enjoy the CFL, but I feel that some of the uniforms look God-awful. First up, we have the Toronto Argonauts. Their current uniform set is basically perfect, so I didn't want to change much.

Ne11sWk.png

bhacc8u.png

1Ry4Lsk.png

I like the light blue jersey you made. The only thing I would do is add stripes along the middle of the helmet and I would switch the 'A' logo with the Football Ship. Also, out of curiosity, is that a Reebok Football Template that you used? If so, how did you get it? I've been looking for a CFL Template for ages.

The thing is: it's a throwback, so to alter it in any way would be historically inaccurate.

As for the template, the base is from some templates I found on the boards, but I have added so much to it that I can proudly call it my own. As for the reebok, I used some pictures of CFL games this year for reference on how the jersey should be cut.

So glad the Aways are gold. I do like their strictly gold/blue look though. Maybe as an alternate throwback?

Nice to see the sponsors on the jerseys, really makes them look realistic in a concept sense (am I the only one that likes the sponsors?)

So glad the Aways are gold. I do like their strictly gold/blue look though. Maybe as an alternate throwback?

Nice to see the sponsors on the jerseys, really makes them look realistic in a concept sense (am I the only one that likes the sponsors?)

A million times yes.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

A million times yes.

in all fairness though, i can't quite remember a time when sponsors weren't used. remember most of these players have another job on the side, I think the salary cap is 4.6M so sponsors are very much important here. In my opinion they don't take away from the jersey but from an American perspective, I could see how its annoying to have as it's something out of the ordinary.

A million times yes.

in all fairness though, i can't quite remember a time when sponsors weren't used. remember most of these players have another job on the side, I think the salary cap is 4.6M so sponsors are very much important here. In my opinion they don't take away from the jersey but from an American perspective, I could see how its annoying to have as it's something out of the ordinary.

I don't think it's so much being "out of the ordinary" as it is everything becoming corporate. UniWatch ran a piece a while back about Coke Zero logos on the sidewalk for the New Orleans Super Bowl. That's pretty much the epitome of unnecessary advertising. Corporate America is already on enough, and it's just the fact of greedy men in suits trying to cash in and monetize more regardless of how unnecessary it may be. I understand some teams, organizations, leagues, etc. need the extra income, and I'm not against that at all. The NFL, NBA, whatever, certainly don't need that.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The Bombers look good--but my favorite look for them is their pre-RBK look--since then they haven't looked anywhere near as good.

Although I do prefer this look to what they have now.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The Bombers look good--but my favorite look for them is their pre-RBK look--since then they haven't looked anywhere near as good.

Although I do prefer this look to what they have now.

This?

275px-CFL_WPG_Jersey_1995.png

No--the look that had gold in it--and gold helmets--this look came before that one--and was much despised--especially when the team had a terrible season.

Archived