Orcas football concept

ejcooper31

Hi all, here's an Orca's team concept i've been working on. I'd love to get some C&C on the logos and unis.

33yoy1g.jpg

rr59pk.jpg

b46fqd.jpg

2prwcuf.jpg

2mqoyu8.jpg

The logo is fine and I love the color choices but here are a couple suggestions that could possibly improve your set

1. Numbers and Readability - It is kind of hard to read the numbers when they are the same color as the jersey. Try putting the lighter colored numbers on the dark jersey and also cleaning up the design on the numbers and making them a tad smaller

2. Pants Stripe - The pants stripe COULD look a lot better if you made it just a little smaller. It looks like they have on 2 different pants and resembles what Southern Miss has (WHICH ARE HORRIBLE).

Other than that, I mostly like this and i love the team name choice!

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

The numbers might be hard to read due to the pattern across them. But, I will definitely inverse the colors to try and make them more legible as well as making them smaller.

I agree with you %100 about the pant stripe. Kinda of a compromised idea, but i'll definitely go back to the drawing board on those.

I appreciate your thoughts!

Hi all, here's an Orca's team concept i've been working on. I'd love to get some C&C on the logos and unis.

33yoy1g.jpg

rr59pk.jpg

b46fqd.jpg

2prwcuf.jpg

2mqoyu8.jpg

The logo is fine and I love the color choices but here are a couple suggestions that could possibly improve your set

1. Numbers and Readability - It is kind of hard to read the numbers when they are the same color as the jersey. Try putting the lighter colored numbers on the dark jersey and also cleaning up the design on the numbers and making them a tad smaller

2. Pants Stripe - The pants stripe COULD look a lot better if you made it just a little smaller. It looks like they have on 2 different pants and resembles what Southern Miss has (WHICH ARE HORRIBLE).

Other than that, I mostly like this and i love the team name choice!

I'm trying to figure out why there is only half a whale in your first logo. I personally would scrap that as the full body whale is far superior. Also wondering why you don't have a logo on the navy helmet paired with the navy jerseys.

Also, off topic, but I feel it's really unnecessary to quote the whole concept in the first two posts after the original post. Nitpick of mine. I hate redundancy.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I think the dorsal fin on the top logo needs to be a bit smaller. I realize the size proportion is probably correct but it with both fins being so large and going in opposite directions, it threw my eye off a little at a quick glance. If set on a partial orca logo, maybe have a bit of a longer back half of the body with more of a transition? Either that or more of a head logo. the back half just seems too end too abruptly.

So the idea with the top logo was trying to make something more unique/original instead of it just looking like a whale logo. I really want it to work so i'll do some more sketches. As for the pants, they were rushed. I haven't gotten any negative feedback on them until here. Saying that, I never really liked the way they turned out.

What does everyone think of the pattern inside the numbers and around the collar?

I think the dorsal fin on the top logo needs to be a bit smaller. I realize the size proportion is probably correct but it with both fins being so large and going in opposite directions, it threw my eye off a little at a quick glance. If set on a partial orca logo, maybe have a bit of a longer back half of the body with more of a transition? Either that or more of a head logo. the back half just seems too end too abruptly.

I like the concept and the jerseys, just the top logo looks very awkward, it seems like a bird to me

It looks like he's wearing chaps, but it's a good start.

I'm trying to figure out why there is only half a whale in your first logo. I personally would scrap that as the full body whale is far superior. Also wondering why you don't have a logo on the navy helmet paired with the navy jerseys.

Also, off topic, but I feel it's really unnecessary to quote the whole concept in the first two posts after the original post. Nitpick of mine. I hate redundancy.

Ok so i've decided to redo the logo. I was happy with how the originals turned out but they didn't really fit well on the helmet. I really like how Fraser Davidson's shark had alot of dimension to it so I tried to pull off a similar shape. I'd appreciate some C&C on the overall logo and color.

2cdinls.jpg

Great work. I like the original redo on the belly of the Orca were the light blue breaks into the dark blue and the Tail looks better when it is filled in with the dark blue like you have on the last update. It helps break the logo up.The first logo, before the redo at the top looks almost like a Manta ray from the side so as you've done I'd keep that scrapped. Also I think you could keep the first full Orca in as a alternate to your new one. They would both work good together.

pittsburghbanner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to redo my secondary logo. I don't think I mentioned this above but the team is the "Washington (DC) Orcas." I feel that I pulled a lot of the secondary logos from from the Washington Wizards/Bullets DC logo. I like my idea, but I feel that I need more critique/ideas on how to improve. Obviously I tried implemented Orca features (eye, dorsal, and tail) into the DC.

C&C is always appreciated

2hg4k5s.jpg

2cnflnt.jpg

Archived