NHL or NBA, what to watch this season ?

JasonFromMiami

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a few NBA games allready, seems very repetative, and the NHL lacks the many superstars of the 90´s -Which sport is the best choice for entertainment value to follow this year, NBA or NHL ?

Did you say the NHL doesn't have any superstars? If that's your reason to not watch hockey, then I don't know what to tell you, bud.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Sidney Crosby

Steven Stamkos

John Tavares

Alex Ovechkin

Jonathan Toews

Patrick Kane

Pavel Datsyuk

the Sedins

Evgeni Malkin

Logan Couture

Tyler Seguin

Zach Parise

Shea Weber

Brad Doty

and so many more

There is no paucity of elite talent in the NHL right now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Saw a few NBA games allready, seems very repetative, and the NHL lacks the many superstars of the 90´s -Which sport is the best choice for entertainment value to follow this year, NBA or NHL ?

Assuming you don't follow a team in either league, your choice for the most exciting league is the NHL. Easily.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Not an easy question to answer. Depends on which sport you like better I suppose.

In general, I have a slight preference toward basketball, but when it comes to these two leagues, I prefer the NHL.

If for no other reason, I'd go with the NHL because after you invest in a regular season, the playoffs are more interesting...More likelyhood of upsets and nothing beats playoff OT where you'll find yourself chewing on your fingernails when you have no rooting interest.

Regarding superstars, I suppose I'd argue that the NHL (or any sport) has as many stars as any other...for several reasons they are not as publicized. Regarding attracting casual fans, hockey has the disadvantage of their biggest players playing less than half the game, changing on the fly, and the lack of hype in the US. So there is some reduced focus on said stars. But they are there. Also (my biggest problem with all basketball), the last two minutes of an NBA game take forever vs. in the NHL.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The NHL sucks to watch on TV, it's hard to see the puck, it moves too fast, it's hard to recognize players, regular season games are so boring compared to playoffs and there is very little scoring (comparatively). I say NBA, but to each his own.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Sidney Crosby

Steven Stamkos

John Tavares

Alex Ovechkin

Jonathan Toews

Patrick Kane

Pavel Datsyuk

the Sedins

Evgeni Malkin

Logan Couture

Tyler Seguin

Zach Parise

Shea Weber

Brad Doty

and so many more

There is no paucity of elite talent in the NHL right now.

Eric Lindros

Alexander Mogilny

Joe Sakic

Pavel Bure

Jeremy Roenick

Teemu Selanne

Jaromir Jagr

Paul Kariya

Brett Hull

-

Sorry, but these guys would beat the stars of today with no trouble, and then there was D-men like, Ray Bourque, Scott Stevens, Rob Blake, who would just crush you, they are not allowed to hit like that today.

-

And the goalies were 10 times better, Martin Brodeur, Dominik Hasek, Patrick Roy, Mike Richter

In my opinion there is only 3 stars in the NHL today , Crosby, Ovechkin and Stamkos, the only 3 with exiting plays.

-

NBA has more superstars, but the game itself is too much of the same crap over and over, also feels like the commentators ruins alot of it, Van Gundy on espn just won´t shut up, going on rants in the middle of games. What about the Bulls team, the guy with the droopy eyebrows, holy :censored:, is he boring to listen to !? What about the Clipper team, old man with the stache holding a huge freaking microphone to his mouth all game long, what the :censored: is that ?!

-

:D

I'm not sure why you don't realize this, but there are still stars in the NHL today. You just don't know who they are because you haven't been watching. No, there's nobody who will send your lower mandible flying into the stands with an elbow to the head like Scott Stevens, though.

I'm not sure why you don't realize this, but there are still stars in the NHL today. You just don't know who they are because you haven't been watching. No, there's nobody who will send your lower mandible flying into the stands with an elbow to the head like Scott Stevens, though.

Shoulder, it was allways the shoulder :-)

And im sorry, i just don´t see the highlight reel goals like Mogilny and Bure could score in todays game, seems like dump and chase is the norm.

The NHL sucks to watch on TV, it's hard to see the puck, it moves too fast, it's hard to recognize players, regular season games are so boring compared to playoffs and there is very little scoring (comparatively). I say NBA, but to each his own.

It sounds like FoxTrax needs to make a comeback!

foxtrax8xo4.jpg

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

lol, you're talking about the dead puck era.

Mogilny: 76 goals

Selanne: 76 goals

-

More like the golden era :)

Dead puck era was from 1995 to 2004. That was in 1993.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived