2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on Historicalkits.co.uk

"Several teams have adopted the Puma Swerve shirt as an alternative strip for the coming season prompting Glyn Jefferson to wonder where he had seen it before. After a fortuna dusseldorf 1976little digging he found this top worn by Werder Bremen as far back as 1989-90. It appears that far from being a new design, Swerve dates back 25 years. Incidentally, the very popular Puma Pitch design is similar to the very first kits that Puma supplied to European clubs in the mid 1970s with the characteristic formstripe feature, worn here by Fortuna Düsseldorf in 1976."

So that explains the new clash kits

werder-bremen-1989-90.gif

And the Dortmund kits

fortuna-dusseldorf-1976.gif

Saw this on Historicalkits.co.uk

"Several teams have adopted the Puma Swerve shirt as an alternative strip for the coming season prompting Glyn Jefferson to wonder where he had seen it before. After a fortuna dusseldorf 1976little digging he found this top worn by Werder Bremen as far back as 1989-90. It appears that far from being a new design, Swerve dates back 25 years. Incidentally, the very popular Puma Pitch design is similar to the very first kits that Puma supplied to European clubs in the mid 1970s with the characteristic formstripe feature, worn here by Fortuna Düsseldorf in 1976."

So that explains the new clash kits

werder-bremen-1989-90.gif

And the Dortmund kits

fortuna-dusseldorf-1976.gif

Whoa, I didn't knew that!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Norwich have put out their third kit. I can't think of anything nice to say, so I won't say anything at all.

3rd-kit-4x3396-2557819_478x359.jpg

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Norwich have put out their third kit. I can't think of anything nice to say, so I won't say anything at all.

I love this!

But all their kits are green and gold now.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

You beat me too it... I'm going to be sick... just shoot me now... There's so much fail in this...

1 - Two tone yellow is just nasty.

2 - It doesn't come close to matching Aviva's "yellow box" branding guidelines, which require an exclusive zone (buffer) perimeter equal to the height of the letter A in Aviva - and it's clearing sitting too high in the box here.... So as much as everyone wants to blame Aviva, this (and the home shirt) is on Errea.

3 - The hoops just don't look good.

Oh BTW, they also released their Christmas shirt...

HiCAumr.jpg

I visited their website to see if there was anything specific which inspired the design. Nope.

“As it is the first time in the club’s history we've had a third kit in the Premier League, I wanted to create a design that had the fun factor and was really out there. The hoops represent connecting with the community, and the shirt is all about having fun in the community. This shirt is going to be like marmite; you'll either love it or hate it and that’s the fun of it."

So they're basically cashing in on having another shirt to buy and went for an outlandish design to create a bit of a publicity stunt. They're going to have to select matches to wear this kit because there is no situation where neither the home or away kit will suffice. A massive shame really.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

If it weren't for that stupid aviva box, this would be my favorite kit I've seen for 2015.

Does anyone think this would be an outstanding look for Jamaica? Minus the box of course.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Norwich have put out their third kit. I can't think of anything nice to say, so I won't say anything at all.3rd-kit-4x3396-2557819_478x359.jpg

Servo's reaction (he's the robot on the left for you non-mst3k fans) prettying much sums up my reaction.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8kUgHsKWJc

spacer.png

Archived