2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

I love that monogram, but it looks terrible on the shield. It's too narrow, leaving all that empty space.

Yeah, it's a little weird with all that empty space. They could at least put something there (maybe something to signify that they're from Kansas City?).

On a similar note, the Union will be announcing the name and badge for their Lehigh Valley USL side next Tuesday in Bethlehem. Having teams close to their MLS counterparts is a trend that I've noticed is starting to emerge (like the Dynamo staring a team in the Rio Grande Valley), and if it means that other teams do it and inject some more variety into the league (move Whitecaps 2 to Victoria? TFC2 to Mississauga?) then I'm for it.

Technically TFC II already play outside the city of Toronto, in Vaughan. They could use that name in the brand of they wanted. I'm also of the opinion that I don't like the 2 names. I'd much rather see an original identity, as well as teams in other cities. Why not Hamilton, Victoria and Quebec City for the Canadian USL clubs?
I agree regarding Victoria and Quebec City, but with Hamilton, I think the TiCats owners want their own club (either in the NASL or whatever new Canadian league), so a TFC affiliate is probably out of the question there. Maybe Kitchener/Waterloo?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait for the new French kits to come out. Then again, wouldnt mind France keeping it as it for the home forever.

Also, seems that USA is wearing the old whites, rather than the white black and volt

I heard that the new France home shirt will be royal blue again after many years of navy.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Cant wait for the new French kits to come out. Then again, wouldnt mind France keeping it as it for the home forever.

Also, seems that USA is wearing the old whites, rather than the white black and volt

I heard that the new France home shirt will be royal blue again after many years of navy.

I honestly like the navy blue, but royal blue would be good.

I hate this whole change every couple years thing, especially considering France had it perfect this year with the homes at least.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Has there ever been a "before and after " team name before?

I don't know if park rangers are a thing in England, but the original in this case from which this USL team is *borrowing* would be Queen's Park Rangers.

Queens Park Rangers in England got their name from their original name of Christchurch Rangers and in their early years their home was Queens Park.

glory10.png

Love the name returning.

Love MLS 2's becoming their own Identities.

Overall think the logo is good.

But...

Too many elements.

Clear post rationalization…mainly the height of the logo.

Referencing "growth of the brand." I literally shuddered when I read that.

KERNING: B E T HL H EM?

Rivets weren't needed.

Name is great. Logo not so much.

That's a nice basic design (guess I can overlook all the bevels here) but the colors are far too drab. Black, dark gold and red are muddy together, it needs something brighter. Especially considering they're using even darker shades of the red and gold as accents.

Even adding white would be a huge improvement. The previous logo the Union had been using is so much better, although I have to idea if it's historically accurate or a modern creation.

PHI_bethSteeldetail(FORMATTED)_0.jpg

I do like incorporating their snake with the girder, though.

I love the actual elements, but yeah, the BETHLEHEM kerning is a mess, the colors are drab, and all dat beveling. You'd think they could fix the colors part by incorporating the white or sky blue that's part of their parent club's identity.

Could probably do without the "FC [soccer ball] 16" though.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I honestly think it should have been the same colors as the third kit that the Union had worn. You could still incorporate gold into there. I think black would've been so much better than navy.

I love the actual elements, but yeah, the BETHLEHEM kerning is a mess, the colors are drab, and all dat beveling. You'd think they could fix the colors part by incorporating the white or sky blue that's part of their parent club's identity.

Could probably do without the "FC [soccer ball] 16" though.

The signal blue that the Union uses is so minimal but i do agree that they could have used that to liven up the color scheme a bit.

Archived