2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

Semi-OT, but Brew City FC (a proposed NASL or USL club that a supporters' group wants set up in Milwaukee), is having a poll for their nickname...my submission the "Suds" is one of the finalists, so go vote for it please!

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll165486xa9c84824-7

Found this via Facebook; is it the same group? If so... well, that crest is gonna need some serious work.

10325714_443901915746281_218798182689753

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Semi-OT, but Brew City FC (a proposed NASL or USL club that a supporters' group wants set up in Milwaukee), is having a poll for their nickname...my submission the "Suds" is one of the finalists, so go vote for it please!

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll165486xa9c84824-7

Found this via Facebook; is it the same group? If so... well, that crest is gonna need some serious work.

10325714_443901915746281_218798182689753

Nope...the group's name is the Milwaukee Outdoor Pro Soccer Alliance.

bYhYmxh.png

Been told Barca will be leaving Nike and have already agreed to terms with Adidas. Nike will be making a HUGE play for Real once their contract with Adi expires.

Source?

The same source that told me about the Magic getting grey sleeved pinstripe pride jerseys months ago.

Jaguars

Been told Barca will be leaving Nike and have already agreed to terms with Adidas. Nike will be making a HUGE play for Real once their contract with Adi expires.

Barca's contract expires in 2018, Real's in 2020. Negotiations usually start 3 years before they expire and most contracts for big clubs at Nike include exclusivity periods and the rights to match any offer, so I doubt Barca has a deal already, and I doubt even more that Nike has already decided which teams they'll break the bank for five years from now. A lot can change in 5 years, and by then CR7 won't be their top marketing man and won't be at Real.

PassioneMaglie has a really useful page with a ton of kit makers contracts

http://www.passionemaglie.it/contratti-sponsor-tecnici-squadre-calcio/

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Barca's contract expires in 2018, Real's in 2020. Negotiations usually start 3 years before they expire and most contracts for big clubs at Nike include exclusivity periods and the rights to match any offer, so I doubt Barca has a deal already, and I doubt even more that Nike has already decided which teams they'll break the bank for five years from now. A lot can change in 5 years, and by then CR7 won't be their top marketing man and won't be at Real.

PassioneMaglie has a really useful page with a ton of kit makers contracts

http://www.passionemaglie.it/contratti-sponsor-tecnici-squadre-calcio/

Great info. Just posted what I was told.

Jaguars

One "hidden" detail I like is the inclusion of the old crest on the inside beneath the new crest.

Jersey_Breakdown%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

I believe I originally found these touches kind of stupid, but I've really come around on them. They're a nice tribute, and one of the few things not intended to advance the manufacturer's brand.

But no jock tag? I thought all MLS clubs did something there, a flag or secondary logo. Hope Adidas isn't taking away that option.

One "hidden" detail I like is the inclusion of the old crest on the inside beneath the new crest.

Jersey_Breakdown%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

I believe I originally found these touches kind of stupid, but I've really come around on them. They're a nice tribute, and one of the few things not intended to advance the manufacturer's brand.

But no jock tag? I thought all MLS clubs did something there, a flag or secondary logo. Hope Adidas isn't taking away that option.

That big white stripe looks a little silly with a purple shirt over purple shorts, but I think it's going to look great with jeans. I'm a fan.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Seems as Nike also lost it's biggest club in Holland. PSV is set to announce a new kit deal with Umbro for the next five seasons.

Doesn't Nike own Umbro?

They owned Umbro. Than they took over every Umbro club and left the sinking ship.

btw. Ajax got a new shirt sponsor:

ajax-ziggo-sponsor.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Seems as Nike also lost it's biggest club in Holland. PSV is set to announce a new kit deal with Umbro for the next five seasons.

Doesn't Nike own Umbro?

They did but got hold of them and then sold it on after they grabbed the clubs owned by Umbro. It looks like Nike now are losing clubs very quickly and it's not suprising with their boring templates. Umbro on the comeback trail hopefully.

glory10.png

Doesn't Nike own Umbro?

They did but got hold of them and then sold it on after they grabbed the clubs owned by Umbro. It looks like Nike now are losing clubs very quickly and it's not suprising with their boring templates. Umbro on the comeback trail hopefully.

This year is the first time we've really seen Nike be lazy with their templates. It seems like Nike has decided to go back to focusing it's efforts in the States and adidas has called off doing anything, save the MLS contract and select college teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This year is the first time we've really seen Nike be lazy with their templates.

Y'all keep saying this, but there's a mound of evidence that suggests otherwise. Anyone remember the pool-ball template?

jared-borgetti.jpg

04soccer583.jpg

nike-04-05-brasil-home-shirt-+-no-11-rob

nike-04-05-arsenal-home-shirt-+-no-10-be

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived