2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit more gold would have been nice too. Looks as if the collar has a bit of the gold, but nowhere else.

I have a feeling this large hem stripe might be adidas "thing" this coming year, kind of how the back shoulder stripe was last year.

Yeah, agreed on all of this.

I don't know, the more I look at this, the less I like it.

B1r9eVgIcAAC82a.jpg

Socks have a thick white stripe at the top too to match?

The new MLS logo looks more professional on the jerseys. Up close I thought it was really boring, but I'm thinking it kinda works now!

That was my point from the beginning to those who didn't like it. You have to consider where it will be seen the most and I'd say on jerseys is where that will be. Meshes very well with all other team brands.

Marseilles pretty much just released what could have been a good NYCFC primary with their 4th kit:

141114_maillot03.jpg

Looks more like a good away kit for Houston I guess.

That definitely suits Houston better since Orange is more their primary color. Kinda glad NYCFC chose to stay away from Orange to the point where it's relegated to trim/non-existent levels. From a fashion standpoint, Orange can be a difficult color to pull off...

I'm hoping for an all Navy secondary with Sky Blue Yankee pinstripes and trim. But considering the boring kits Addidas has pumped out for NYCFC & OCSC this week, I'm expecting a lackluster Jersey Week in 2015.

NYCdog.png

This one?

AcademyLogo620.jpg

That's nice.

Yep. The current badge is nice, and served its purpose well when they were Canada's only representative in the league. With Vancouver and Montreal though? It seems silly to continue to push the maple leaf-centric identity. This not only looks good but it also ties into Toronto's civic identity as well.

I have a feeling this large hem stripe might be adidas "thing" this coming year, kind of how the back shoulder stripe was last year.

Fortunately not.

Still lots of time, but glad it hasn't made another appearance yet. NYCFC also appear to be using a template from this year, so we'll have to wait till we see 2015 templates.

Yep. The current badge is nice, and served its purpose well when they were Canada's only representative in the league. With Vancouver and Montreal though? It seems silly to continue to push the maple leaf-centric identity. This not only looks good but it also ties into Toronto's civic identity as well.

Unfortunately TFC loves pandering to Canadian patriotism, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

This one?

AcademyLogo620.jpg

That's nice.

I agree, this would be so much better.

I think TFC has a chance this year to do a little refresh on the brand, especially with the BMO kit sponsorship running out (I haven't heard anything on a renewal) obviously all you have to do is drop the "academy" and Kia logo and make grey (onyx) the primary and red the secondary colour (and yes, I know that diminishes the nickname of "the reds" but frankly I don't care I've always felt that was a little forced). There isn't a team in MLS that uses grey as a primary colour so I think it would be a move that sets them apart and they used the clash kit a lot this past season so I figure "why not?".

That logo kind of hints back to the Serbian White Eagles, Toronto S.C. and, Toronto City all teams in lower levels of soccer that used some form of an eagle/hawk in their logo. So it does kind of make sense.

Plus. Bitchy

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

BMO is indeed not returning to TFC shirts. I thought the clash kits from this season were real beauties, but don't see them moving away from red as the primary anytime soon.

I'm curious what shirt sponsor we will see next year: Air Canada? Indigo? Hudson's Bay?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Kia.

Kia sponsors the academy (as is shown in the logo), their name is on the academy/training facility building in Downsview, they advertise in the stadium....it just seems like Kia is everywhere with TFC.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

DC Comics is apparently challenging Valencia's trademark for their new secondary logo, which features a bat by itself.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/liga-giants-valencia-getting-sued-by-batman-154725797.html

de0f64a0-70c0-11e4-abf5-ab807b3adbfb_bat

Of course, that's the most recent movie logo used for comparison. If you consider the Batman Beyond logo, it's even closer.

1999-batman-logo-batmanbeyond.jpg

DC Comics is apparently challenging Valencia's trademark for their new secondary logo, which features a bat by itself.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/liga-giants-valencia-getting-sued-by-batman-154725797.html

de0f64a0-70c0-11e4-abf5-ab807b3adbfb_bat

Of course, that's the most recent movie logo used for comparison. If you consider the Batman Beyond logo, it's even closer.

1999-batman-logo-batmanbeyond.jpg

Why would Valencia create that Batman ripoff when they could have just used the bat on top of their crest, which looks much better anyway?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived