2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Navy does look nice on the SKC, but it means their primary and secondary looks are a little bit close together for my liking, as usual.

I know, seriously. So many teams have released white secondary kits this season, but if any team could really use one, it'd be KC. Or, hey, they could always go with a....um....rainbow secondary? Yeah.

This is awsome, I'm glad they went with navy shorts.

sporting-kc-2015-asiss-home-jersey-2.jpg

Wow, very good looking kit. Love the "window pane" pattern.

Sort of random, but sort of related - does anyone else think KC missed a giant opportunity by not filling in the stripes on their crest with a rainbow pattern (Wizards homage)? All those stripes just look like they're begging to be a rainbow, almost as if that was the plan at first but got switched to powder blue down the road. I think that would've looked incredible, and really would've popped on the kits.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Already ordered my SKC jersey. Must agree, so glad they went with navy shorts, looks great. Sporting Style has done a great job with branding and merch.

I will say though, although the window pane pattern looks good, I doubt very many are going to realize the angle of the lines that make up the borders are the angle of the state line between Kansas and Missouri at the Kansas City area. It works in the crest because you can actually visualize the states but this is a little bit of a reach :)

Here's a question -- I've been in Manhattan for two days and haven't seen a single thing for NYCFC - no billboards, no bus signs, no shops selling soccer stuff or antyhing. Where should I be looking?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here's a question -- I've been in Manhattan for two days and haven't seen a single thing for NYCFC - no billboards, no bus signs, no shops selling soccer stuff or antyhing. Where should I be looking?

That's strange, NYCFC stuff was all over the place when I was there back in July. Part of this may have been hype with the Lampard signing ("NYCFC signs Lampard" on the iPads at LaGuardia was the literally the first thing I saw after stepping off the plane).

You'd think there would be even more stuff around the city now, considering they play their first game in two days.

They have a partnership with Modell's - even their smallest locations have at least one rack of stuff, I've found.

Elizabeth, NJ? That's where the Cosmos and the Metrostar supporters have their billboards!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Cosmos are advertising in Jersey?

They have a partnership with Modell's - even their smallest locations have at least one rack of stuff, I've found.

Yeah, Modell's is a good bet. Or Upper 90 on the Upper West Side - they've had a ton of NYCFC stuff.

They really have gone quiet with the ads - thought we'd see another big push right about now.

10957525_10153504116716091_7071139334549

11043116_10153504117271091_6538712748452

Wow. Those shades of blue and red look hideous together.

cr_gold.jpg

Also, here is the released away for rapids. The only thing different from the leak is that the CO flag is done in sublimation here. The bad news is that this will be worn in all away games.

So does Colorado just have no ambition whatsoever to get a replacement sponsor logo or what? I find it so bizarre how they keep putting the Colorado flag thing on the front of the jersey. It's like they're admitting they're not even trying.

But as far as the jerseys. They seem to be getting a lot of hate, but I really like the colors. The recoloring of the crest could've been done better, but at least they bothered to recolor it. I wish my Revs would've recolored the "crest" on the red jerseys to just red and white. The navy sticks out like a sore thumb IMO.

A recolored Revs logo isn't really an option since the crest is basically the American flag and can't really be recolored.

And adidas isn't capable of making decent looking hoops because they force three stripes on everything, which get in the way.

Are you basing that on recent years or over the history of Adidas have been making kits.

Just based on most of the kits with hoops where the hoops always abruptly give way to a sold box where the 3 stripes lie on the sleeves.

spacer.png

Two MLS patches is dumb

It's how they do it in Europe.

Not everywhere. But it's basically how they do it in GB.

I liked the old arrangement with the flag on the left sleeve especially because the MLS is a multinational league.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived