crashcarson15

2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

Like the basic idea, but if they wanted to find a unique element to it, they should have come up with something better than white belts.

The sublimated hoops are good, but I'm with you on the sides.

I also think that the new MLS logo looks marvelous on the sleeves in team colors.

Nice Profile image #HailtheRail just had to say that.....

Moving on...

I personally hate Orlando's name and jerseys. I hate the name because there really is no such city as "Orlando City" there is the City of Orlando or just Orlando so I don't know why they dubbed themselves city. Also it bugs me that they use the "SC" or "Soccer Club" at the end of their name it just doesn't feel Kosher so to speak.(Apologies to anyone from Orlando or any OCSC fans who take offense but two things:1. I am a NYCFC fan and 2. This is my personal opinion and feelings)

gosioux76    131

Like the basic idea, but if they wanted to find a unique element to it, they should have come up with something better than white belts.

The sublimated hoops are good, but I'm with you on the sides.

I also think that the new MLS logo looks marvelous on the sleeves in team colors.

Nice Profile image #HailtheRail just had to say that.....

Moving on...

I personally hate Orlando's name and jerseys. I hate the name because there really is no such city as "Orlando City" there is the City of Orlando or just Orlando so I don't know why they dubbed themselves city. Also it bugs me that they use the "SC" or "Soccer Club" at the end of their name it just doesn't feel Kosher so to speak.(Apologies to anyone from Orlando or any OCSC fans who take offense but two things:1. I am a NYCFC fan and 2. This is my personal opinion and feelings)

It's really a pretty common soccer naming convention. To continue your argument, there are also no municipalities called Manchester City, Stoke City, Leicester City or Melbourne City, despite having pro soccer clubs with those names. Those clubs represent those cities, which is what the name is meant to convey. OCSC's full name is Orlando City Soccer Club. The "Orlando City" part of the name isn't meant to invoke the formal name of the city.

Gothamite    5,869

I have absolutely no issue with any of those teams using "City", regardless of their official names. You don't have to be NYC or KC to claim it (although I would have preferred "City" to "Sporting" there).

I do agree it's a bit of an odd choice for Orlando, which is a relatively tiny city surrounded by s large sprawling metropolitan area. But whatever makes them proud.

nas1787    318

I made this shortly after OCSC released their new MLS crest. I agree that in general using City as a nickname is acceptable, but it's somewhat of a misnomer for a sprawling suburb like Orlando.

CkKhuH5.jpg

Digby    696

But Orlando is the city, not the suburb. Even if it is a sprawling one. They're not calling themselves Sanford City or Altamonte Springs City. The club's home city has more people than Norwich and about as many as Stoke-on-Trent.

Gothamite    5,869

Perhaps. But it's still somewhat ironic to apply the name to an American anti-city.

Unless their strategy is to target and represent the city over the suburbs, which I'm not aware is the case.

MJWalker45    984

Perhaps. But it's still somewhat ironic to apply the name to an American anti-city.

Unless their strategy is to target and represent the city over the suburbs, which I'm not aware is the case.

To me it's the same thing as if they had named themselves Orlando Lions Soccer Club. Just their way of identifying the team.

Gothamite    5,869

That's cool.

Interesting to see that NYCFC has embraced "City" - that was originally on the "don't" list in the style guide.

Digby    696

SKC home was presented with and played on Sunday with navy shorts though, wasn't it? I'm sure they'll use both colors as clashing dictates, but I wonder which is the primary-er primary.

patsox    49

MLS posted this wrap-up of new kits on their Facebook:

11043187_10153129711808887_1957890846003

That's the first I've seen of the trees on the Revolution's socks! That's a really cool detail!

Beantown77    12

Here's a closer look at the socks, from when I was at the Revs' unveiling last week:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0PQ38hV0pCmTGVRSE5NeFFNakk/view?usp=sharing

MLS posted this wrap-up of new kits on their Facebook:

11043187_10153129711808887_1957890846003

That's the first I've seen of the trees on the Revolution's socks! That's a really cool detail!

logo-maker    29

A little late with this but...

I wish that if the Rapids were going to recolor their crest, they had done something like this (quick recolor):

Rapids_1.4_zpszsxcvwby.png

or at least this:

Rapids_1.3_zpssuxlhnmb.png

Waffles    178

The NYCFC jerseys I've bought all had the new logo on the price tags.

Was at the Orlando City game today where they were selling inaugural match t-shirts. Much to my surprise they had tags with the old Ball&Foot MLS logo on them. Has anybody ordered a new jersey and noticed if the pricetag logo was updated?

I saw this at a Modell's last week, and it's still up on the NYCFC online store:

Ii86LIF.jpg

Gothamite    5,869

Yeah, those have been available since before the new logo was unveiled. I presume they're still burning off old stock, but don't see the need to discount it.

What's unusual about the Orlando City shirts available now is that the tags still have the old logo, even though the shirts weren't unveiled until after the new one was introduced.

anythinglogos    218

The Netherlands will have a new clash kit next year. Really plain and disappointing, probably the worst jersey they've had since the T90 template

netherlands-2015-away-kit.jpg

PS: I hate this trend of changing kits that won't be worn at tournaments

chrisCLEMENT    633

That's cool.

Interesting to see that NYCFC has embraced "City" - that was originally on the "don't" list in the style guide.

Speaking of style guides, does the MLS put one out that's similar quality to the EPL? I've done arsther throughout Google search, but maybe someone else has had luck?

The Netherlands will have a new clash kit next year. Really plain and disappointing, probably the worst jersey they've had since the T90 template

netherlands-2015-away-kit.jpg

PS: I hate this trend of changing kits that won't be worn at tournaments

So they won't have any blue option whatsoever? Ok...