2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually agree with everyone who said they liked the gradient Barca kit. Not my favorite of all time, but I still like it.

Also an unpopular opinion here, but I think that the PSG kits that they've had recently without the thick red stripe are better than the thick red stripe ones that everyone seems to fawn over.

They might be aesthetically better, but it’s about the equivalent of giving Liverpool a hooped home shirt or white shorts. That thick red stripe with the white outline is PSG’s identity, as much as vertical stripes is for Barça, red shirts with white sleeves is for Arsenal, or all-red is for Liverpool.

Actually Liverpools kit up to 1965 was to have white shorts with red and white striped socks. It was only when Bill Shankly took over they went all red. To say all red for Liverpool is factually incorrect.

So you’re telling me Liverpool supporters would be pleased if the club came out with a kit including white shorts next season?

If it was marketed as a throwback kit just like Arsenal did as the Redcurrant kit without the white sleeves then I doubt too much if it would cause controversy.

glory10.png

A half-century is long enough to establish their current identity. What, will you now say Arsenal's identity is not white sleeves since those weren't added until fifty years in?

You forget Arsenal did not use the white sleeves a few years back. They had the Redcurrant kit and the fans did not mind that. Yes it was a throwback to a time in their history.

Liverpool had the white shorts for over fifty years then changed changed to all red. So they can change the identity if they wished even if it was for over fifty years before that.

But hey you always have argued with me when it comes to opinion on kits so I sort of expected the above response. Teams owners can change kit identity's whenever they want. Regardless when it was or how long ago it was.

glory10.png

I actually agree with everyone who said they liked the gradient Barca kit. Not my favorite of all time, but I still like it.

Also an unpopular opinion here, but I think that the PSG kits that they've had recently without the thick red stripe are better than the thick red stripe ones that everyone seems to fawn over.

They might be aesthetically better, but it’s about the equivalent of giving Liverpool a hooped home shirt or white shorts. That thick red stripe with the white outline is PSG’s identity, as much as vertical stripes is for Barça, red shirts with white sleeves is for Arsenal, or all-red is for Liverpool.

Actually Liverpools kit up to 1965 was to have white shorts with red and white striped socks. It was only when Bill Shankly took over they went all red. To say all red for Liverpool is factually incorrect.

So you’re telling me Liverpool supporters would be pleased if the club came out with a kit including white shorts next season?

If it was marketed as a throwback kit just like Arsenal did as the Redcurrant kit without the white sleeves then I doubt too much if it would cause controversy.

Some (a minority of) fans complained when they moved the flames of remembrance from next to the badge to their own prominent spot on the back of the kit. It was bad enough that the adidas kits had "too much white on them" if you listen to some fans. There'd be riots if next season's kit had white shorts.

liverpool-1.png

Ian, I can't help but think you're moving the goalposts.

Yes, owners can change a team"s identity (but just ask Vincent Tan how easy it really is to do so). That doesn't mean the teams don't have any identities at all.

And that's not what you originally said to kick off this particular conversation. You said:

(Barca's new hoops) might be aesthetically better, but its about the equivalent of giving Liverpool a hooped home shirt or white shorts. That thick red stripe with the white outline is PSGs identity, as much as vertical stripes is for Barça, red shirts with white sleeves is for Arsenal, or all-red is for Liverpool.

Which is just silly. Yes, Liverpool had a different identity a long time ago. Yes, owners can change a team's identity. But it's far from "factually incorrect" to say that all-red is Liverpool's identity for that past fifty years, and is Liverpool's identity today.

Yes, owners can change a team"s identity (but just ask Vincent Tan how easy it really is to do so). That doesn't mean the teams don't have any identities at all.

What I originally said was KIT IDENTITY if you kindly read back. So before accusing me of moving the goalposts. You changed the whole debate into a clubs identity (Name change) like Vincent Tan is doing maybe you would like to stop moving the goalposts yourself and read posts correctly. Thank You.

glory10.png

manchester-city-15-16-third-kit-1.jpgfc-barcelona-15-16-third-kit%2B%25281%25Inter%2BMilan%2B2015-16%2Bthird%2Bkit.jp

The :censored: is this Nike?

You can't provide cookie cutter jerseys for big tams like Barca, Inter, and City. Big teams deserve more effort than that.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

What I originally said was KIT IDENTITY if you kindly read back. So before accusing me of moving the goalposts. You changed the whole debate into a clubs identity (Name change) like Vincent Tan is doing maybe you would like to stop moving the goalposts yourself and read posts correctly. Thank You.
I was speaking of Vincent Tan's attempt to chance Cardiff City's kit identity from blue shirts to red. So right on point.

But whatever. I've obviously offended you, and for that I would like to apologize. I never intended for this to be personal.

manchester-city-15-16-third-kit-1.jpgfc-barcelona-15-16-third-kit%2B%25281%25Inter%2BMilan%2B2015-16%2Bthird%2Bkit.jp

The :censored: is this Nike?

You can't provide cookie cutter jerseys for big tams like Barca, Inter, and City. Big teams deserve more effort than that.

It's disgraceful. I cannot believe they're trotting out this garbage, and I cannot believe the teams are letting them.

Is that a new number style for Barca I see?

Yup, I noticed that too. They had the old number font since 2012.

Looks to be toned-down version of that number style, but the "1" and the "0" just kinda look like the new MLS font.

*PURE SPECULATION ALERT*

Remember how it was within the past couple of years that Nike seemed to drop a lot of top-tier clubs (Arsenal and Manchester United chief among them)? Since then, we've started seeing these templated away/third kits from Nike. Knowing how far in advance companies have to work to produce kits, is it possible that some of the clubs that went away from Nike saw their plans for the templated kits, decided they wanted no part of that and went out to get new suppliers?

Again, this is pure speculation. I have nothing to back this up.

Guys, Guys, Guys...

Can't you just both admit you're boring the :censored: out of everyone? Back to Kit leaks.

pic_2015-05-26_NOVASAMARRETA_03-Optimize

It appears there is a new number font.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Guys, Guys, Guys...

Can't you just both admit you're boring the :censored: out of everyone? Back to Kit leaks.

pic_2015-05-26_NOVASAMARRETA_03-Optimize

It appears there is a new number font.

Go up about two posts.... it's already being discussed.

Compared two the current font, there is no serif on the bottom of the one anymore, and there is only one "cut" in the 0 compared two one at the bottom and the top last year.

spacer.png

Archived