2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

So the hoops on the Barca kit are supposed to reflect the flags that supporters wave around on match day, hence the flag in the background of the promo shots. All in all, I am a huge fan of the kit, even with the hoops. It certainly looks odd, and would still be better with the traditional vertical stripes, but it is still a very nice look for the Catalan giants.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Shorts for Barca, I really love this new Kit. Great representation of the clubs colors.

tpi7t2fd.png

Really wish they'd gone full-Catalan with the shorts and made the side stripes yellow instead of blue, to connect with the yellow jersey side stripes. Considering the color balance of the jersey and shorts respectively, it's almost as if they were each made for a different uniform.

1334163_WIDE_FULLSCREEN.jpg

Save the weird blue on the shorts, I really like this Everton kit.

Am I seeing things or did Adidas's basketball shorts assstripe make it to soccer (via Umbro)??

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Whilst watching the game it did not really show up the blue on the shorts. It just looked like shirts were untucked.

glory10.png

What was the deal with the Schalke kits today? With the green stripes on blue and everything. Is that their new home kit? If so, that is rather shocking. I am talking Barca going horizontal territory here ... or is there any historical predecessor for that kind of color combination on their home kit?

EDIT: I just checked and found out it was their new clash kit. I was watching the games in some bar and there the kits didn't look as dark as they actually are, hence the confusion.

Yup. I really don't like how Adidas' templating this year is preventing any designs from being on the side of the kit, except for the hem stripe. Sort of ruins for me what could have been a decent third kit.

CFce9cOW8AA1ujm.png

Whilst watching the game it did not really show up the blue on the shorts. It just looked like shirts were untucked.

Same thing here. I watched the game and actually forgot the top of the shorts were blue until I came back here.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Red Shorts for Barca, I really love this new Kit. Great representation of the clubs colors.

tpi7t2fd.png

Okay, I kind of get the hoops, because every few years you've got to do some I got new so that it's not just blue and red vertical stripes all the time. But the red shorts just don't work here. Barca has almost always worn blue shorts. That's a part of the uniform you don't mess with. They will look weird next year.

It's not a bad look, but I'd like it better if it was blue shorts.

spacer.png

^ Barca has worn red shorts a few times in the past, most recently in 2011, when they last won the Champions League. The red shorts certainly have some precedent with the club, which is more than anyone can say about the hoops. I actually think the red shorts help to balance out the blue-heavy shirt and socks, so I don't mind them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Anyone think these new kits appearing maybe a way to create a first half of the season set and a second half, I'm really trying to figure the point of wearing next seasons kits right now, I'm really trying figure out the point of this practice, just make a fourth kit if you to.

It's marketing next year's gear. Nothing more. Sevilla debuted their Europa League final kit. Plain red across the board. Pretty boring. Would have worked as Liverpool's new kit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Hey Ice_Cap, I didn't want to scroll through 88 pages to see if there "might" be a pans kit in there. I just simply asked if they have been leaked yet, I didn't ask "when" they are going to be leaked. There is a difference.

Ice_Cap never got back to you, but here’s my response:

That’s what Google is for. There are multiple sites that are dedicated to kit leaks and unveilings; if they don’t have it, you can bet we don’t here.

I actually agree with everyone who said they liked the gradient Barca kit. Not my favorite of all time, but I still like it.

Also an unpopular opinion here, but I think that the PSG kits that they've had recently without the thick red stripe are better than the thick red stripe ones that everyone seems to fawn over.

They might be aesthetically better, but it’s about the equivalent of giving Liverpool a hooped home shirt or white shorts. That thick red stripe with the white outline is PSG’s identity, as much as vertical stripes is for Barça, red shirts with white sleeves is for Arsenal, or all-red is for Liverpool.

6fQjS3M.png

I actually agree with everyone who said they liked the gradient Barca kit. Not my favorite of all time, but I still like it.

Also an unpopular opinion here, but I think that the PSG kits that they've had recently without the thick red stripe are better than the thick red stripe ones that everyone seems to fawn over.

They might be aesthetically better, but it’s about the equivalent of giving Liverpool a hooped home shirt or white shorts. That thick red stripe with the white outline is PSG’s identity, as much as vertical stripes is for Barça, red shirts with white sleeves is for Arsenal, or all-red is for Liverpool.

Actually Liverpools kit up to 1965 was to have white shorts with red and white striped socks. It was only when Bill Shankly took over they went all red. To say all red for Liverpool is factually incorrect.

glory10.png

Actually Liverpools kit up to 1965 was to have white shorts with red and white striped socks. It was only when Bill Shankly took over they went all red. To say all red for Liverpool is factually incorrect.

I'd go by what you expect them to wear. Since most of us didn't get access to English football until the late 1990's we always expect Liverpool to be in all red at home. Manchester United still wore red socks into the 1970's at home. If I saw them wearinign red/black/red at anytime I'd wonder what the heck's going on!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So you’re telling me Liverpool supporters would be pleased if the club came out with a kit including white shorts next season?

6fQjS3M.png

Archived