Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the blue script, hate the use of gold and lack of pinstripes. Jim Pohlad is obsessed with Kasota stone, his fortress on Lake Calhoun is clad in it, but it really doesn't work here. Would have preferred modernized cream throwbacks with the updated blue scipt.

Yawn... another navy-dominant RWB team in the MLB. Not even the gold trim saves this from being a massive bore. They should have gone with Vikings purple and yellow if they wanted a dramatic change.

Why would the Twins emulate the Vikings? The Twins don't suck at existing.
That's debatable - the Twins were thisclose to being contracted, after all. B)

Regardless, purple and yellow would be a unique color scheme in the MLB (a league that sorely needs unique color schemes), and it would really pop in their new outdoor ballpark.

Meanwhile, switching to an emphasis on navy and adding the superfluous gold trim only muddles their uniforms while still failing to distinguish them from the rest of the league. Also, the gold trim doesn't appear on any of their other uniforms, and they are still using three differently-styled script wordmarks at once (home, road, throwback). Aesthetically, they're now the Cowboys of the MLB: a total mess of discordant color schemes and designs.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Purple and yellow would be horrendous for the Twins, what kind of way of standing out is dressing up as another team in your own own city? It REEKS of piggy backing of another team's identity. I have no problem with the Twins ditching the navy and red, but that's one of the worst solutions.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Details are up now on the Twins website, twins.mlb.com

649_uniform_infographic.jpg

Why does it say "new alternate cap"... wouldn't that just be the new standard home hat? Am I over thinking it and reading too much into nothing?

EDIT: Someone beat me to it above.

But also, to me it looks like that hat in the background doesn't have the gold outline, aka their 2013 home hat. Perhaps the gold outline hat really is just an alternate?

20141024_bjh_184-31.jpg?w=1000&h=&crop=1

90758391980.gif

Details are up now on the Twins website, twins.mlb.com

Why does it say "new alternate cap"... wouldn't that just be the new standard home hat? Am I over thinking it and reading too much into nothing?

I took it to mean that they won't wear that hat every time they wear the primary jersey (which would be stupid given the subtle differences between the hats and the purpose of creating this hat)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The biggest mess of an identity in pro sports? Gold only on their home uniforms, three completely different style wordmarks, pinstripes/piping/trim depending on the uniform, three different shoulder patches. Excluding random one-off uniforms, are there any teams that have been more mismatched?

Purple and yellow would be horrendous for the Twins, what kind of way of standing out is dressing up as another team in your own own city? It REEKS of piggy backing of another team's identity. I have no problem with the Twins ditching the navy and red, but that's one of the worst solutions.

Yeah but wouldn't this look good?

Mn9QxJj.jpg

twins-2t-opposite-team-purple-gold-fitte

ALykGdZ.png

Yeah but wouldn't this look good?

Mn9QxJj.jpg

twins-2t-opposite-team-purple-gold-fitte

Way too copycatish for me. It would just be so blatantly trying to blend with the Vikings. IMO besides Pittsburgh no two teams in the same city should have the same color scheme.

Archived