Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purple and yellow would be horrendous for the Twins, what kind of way of standing out is dressing up as another team in your own own city? It REEKS of piggy backing of another team's identity. I have no problem with the Twins ditching the navy and red, but that's one of the worst solutions.

Yeah but wouldn't this look good?

Mn9QxJj.jpg

twins-2t-opposite-team-purple-gold-fitte

Way too copycatish for me. It would just be so blatantly trying to blend with the Vikings. IMO besides Pittsburgh no two teams in the same city should have the same color scheme.

mets.jpg

New_York_Knicks.jpg

New_York_Islanders4.jpg

The biggest mess of an identity in pro sports?

No.

tony-romo.jpg

tonyromo.jpg

Honestly at least there's only helmet and two uniforms, plus the Cowboys USUALLY look the same, as the navy's are essentially special circumstance uniforms that they never wear by choice.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The biggest mess of an identity in pro sports? Gold only on their home uniforms, three completely different style wordmarks, pinstripes/piping/trim depending on the uniform, three different shoulder patches. Excluding random one-off uniforms, are there any teams that have been more mismatched?

They're not even the biggest mess in their own metro area. The Wild are currently wearing three very different uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The biggest mess of an identity in pro sports? Gold only on their home uniforms, three completely different style wordmarks, pinstripes/piping/trim depending on the uniform, three different shoulder patches. Excluding random one-off uniforms, are there any teams that have been more mismatched?

They're not even the biggest mess in their own metro area. The Wild are currently wearing three very different uniforms.

They're probably the biggest contender but at least they only have three uniforms and a consistent color scheme.

Baseball's different from other sports, though. It's generally accepted that a team might look totally different in their road uniforms. Take the Tigers - they've worn the same home uniform for forever, but they've tinkered with their road uniforms many times throughout history and wear a color that you don't see on the home uniforms. Most people don't have a problem with that.

Other examples: The Yankees wear pinstripes at home, but on the road they wear plain gray uniforms with 70's style sleeve cuffs. The Red Sox have gone through a couple phases wear they wore road uniforms with no red on the jerseys. The Rockies use purple lettering and numbers on their road uniforms, but the home pinstripes use black/silver on the lettering/numbers. The Dbacks use to wear puprle dominant home uniforms with almost no black and then black dominant road uniforms, not to mention two different hat logos. Etc.

I think it's worse when other sports vary wildly from their home to road to alternate looks.

That doesn't mean I like the Twins new home look or that it doesn't match the existing roads. They look like a bad version of the 2004 Nationals.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That doesn't mean I like the Twins new home look or that it doesn't match the existing roads. They look like a bad version of the 2004 Nationals.

Since someone is going to eventually be a smart ass about this, I'll come out and say they look nothing like the Expos. :P

Damn. I could've sworn that was their first year in DC.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Purple and yellow would be horrendous for the Twins, what kind of way of standing out is dressing up as another team in your own own city? It REEKS of piggy backing of another team's identity. I have no problem with the Twins ditching the navy and red, but that's one of the worst solutions.

Well, they're currently piggybacking off the majority of the league by being an RWB team.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's weird to see that Twins graphic and be reminded that Joe Mauer still plays Major League Baseball. It's a shame to see such an unbelievable player fall off the face of the earth like that. From being an MVP batting champion and gold glover at catcher, to becoming an irrelevant part-time 1B with no power. On the other hand, LOLTwins because they still owe him $92 million over the next four seasons.

I do like that this set emphasizes navy over red, but that's about the only good thing about it. Look at the back of Perkins - take away the gold and that's a great look. That should be on the road jerseys. However, the road jerseys will have red numbers with navy and a single-color navy name. I said they should have went with navy outlined in red for everything with the rebrand. Now, they couldn't do it if they wanted because the backs of the road jerseys would be exact copies of the Indians, although that might not bother them since they had no qualms stealing the Indians' red-brimmed caps to wear on the road.

It's silly to only include gold in one of their four jerseys, and there are SO MANY DAMN inconsistencies between their jerseys. Road jerseys have navy wordmark outlined in red. Home jerseys have navy wordmark outlined in red (good!) with a gold shadow (bad). Home jersey has numbers and name navy with red outline, with gold shadow. Road jersey has red with navy outline and solid navy names. Home has no front number, road and alt (which will be worn at home) haves front numbers which are the inverse colors of the wordmarks. This is honestly like they went to two different fans with jpg jersey templates and said "Click around with the paint bucket tool and see what you can come up with."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, they're currently piggybacking off the majority of the league by being an RWB team.
They never blatantly tried to copy some team with RWB, they're franchise roots in navy and blue trace back to 1926, before teams even cared about identity.

To be honest I guess it's OK for New York and Washington to have multiple teams with the same color scheme, but that's only because those colors are significant to the city, the only thing purple and yellow about Minnesota is the Vikings. It's not even a Kings yellow and gold thing where, while they're copying another team in the city's color scheme, it's also significant to the name.

...and have been that way since they moved to Minnesota. In fact, weren't they in Washington as well?

But, yes, the totally most logical thing they should have done was to change that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived