Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, does this change means the end to the throwback uniforms or does this mean they are adding a 3rd white uniform into the mix?

If this alternate uniforms means that they'll wear the normal homes on a much more regular basis, then it's almost worth it.

This uniform becomes the primary home, throwback remains as an alternate.

Bah, that sucks.

The Brewers are pretty consistent with all their elements, even their foreign language uniforms (maybe not the Italian one). The BiG is just throwback and doesn't infringe on their current brand imo.

You may not like it, and that's fine (I don't really like it either), but it's not a train wreck like the Twins now are.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is such a haphazard change. Just...why?

Yawn... another navy-dominant RWB team in the MLB. Not even the gold trim saves this from being a massive bore. They should have gone with Vikings purple and yellow if they wanted a dramatic change.

Why would the Twins emulate the Vikings? The Twins don't suck at existing.
That's debatable - the Twins were thisclose to being contracted, after all. B)

How many Super Bowls do the Vikings have?

How many Stanley Cups do the Wild have?

How many NBA Championships do the T-Wolves have?

The Twins are the standard bearers for the Twin Cities when it comes to sports titles. And they won those titles in red, white, and blue. The colour scheme they've been wearing since Washington.

I don't know, why not discuss in the conviently premade Twins 2015 Uniform thread in stead of making your own thread for it like you seem to do for whatever uniform related idea pops into your head

I've merged the "are the Twins the the team with the most haphazard identity in pro sports?" with the general Twins discussion thread.

Details are up now on the Twins website, twins.mlb.com

649_uniform_infographic.jpg

Why does it say "new alternate cap"... wouldn't that just be the new standard home hat? Am I over thinking it and reading too much into nothing?

20141024_bjh_184-31.jpg?w=1000&h=&crop=1

*No Joe Mauers were harmed in the photo shoot of this jersey unveiling.

Really? Because Joe Mauers are usually harmed doing things like this. I suspect he strained something while participating in this shoot and we'll see him in July.
That was the joke in my post. The other option was this:

Great uniform - I look forward to seeing Joe Mauer wear it 20 to 30 times next season.

Should the sleeve stripes not be (from the top) red, blue, gold OR gold, red, blue to match the order in which the colors appear on the script ?

don´t see how the gold can be the middle stripe ?

IMO, gold should not be on the collar or sleeve stripes. Heck, even take away gold from the pants stripes. Just keep gold on the wordmarks, number and the NOB if it isn't one color.

Go A's!

Details are up now on the Twins website, twins.mlb.com

649_uniform_infographic.jpg

Why does it say "new alternate cap"... wouldn't that just be the new standard home hat? Am I over thinking it and reading too much into nothing?

20141024_bjh_184-31.jpg?w=1000&h=&crop=1

*No Joe Mauers were harmed in the photo shoot of this jersey unveiling.

Really? Because Joe Mauers are usually harmed doing things like this. I suspect he strained something while participating in this shoot and we'll see him in July.
That was the joke in my post. The other option was this:

Great uniform - I look forward to seeing Joe Mauer wear it 20 to 30 times next season.

Just watched a short video on the Twins website about the new uniforms. Not surprisingly, Joe Mauer's strongest word for the jersey was "neat."

The only thing I see that's objectively wrong with the new jersey (not taking in to account the rest of their set) is the NOB. It should be single color, or match the number. Having two colors but not the shadow makes it look like a mistake, not an intentional design decision. Single-color would have been the way to go IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unpopular opinion: the Twins were spot on with this. Each stadium the twins have played in has had an identity. Metropolitan stadium had the cursive script; Metrodome had the previous set; Target Field has these. I'm glad they used gold to connect them with the ballpark.

Btw, love the new hats

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I feel like everything about this was a bad idea, but the drop-shadowing is the worst. It's profoundly lazy. They didn't bother making an actual drop shadow, which would have diagonal connections at the corners of the numbers to convey depth. They just replicated the outer layer of the number in Minnesota Kanota Banana-fana-fo-fota Gold, and offset it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I feel like everything about this was a bad idea, but the drop-shadowing is the worst. It's profoundly lazy. They didn't bother making an actual drop shadow, which would have diagonal connections at the corners of the numbers to convey depth. They just replicated the outer layer of the number in Minnesota Kanota Banana-fana-fo-fota Gold, and offset it.

Actually isn't that exactly what a drop shadow is?wouldnt what you're saying be more of a long shadow or 3d shadow effect?

The new threads are alright. They don't bother me, but that's not really a good thing. I don't think you should introduce something that fans say, "yeah those are okay." I still think what they wore in their World Series years was the best they ever had. M hat, pinstripe jerseys.

kpuckett.jpg

d9QxxP7.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Twins hit the out of the park! I agree with people about why not add gold to everything else if their going to do it, but I hope and think they will do that next season after this year with it. Looks great! People here might have to wrap their mind around a new look that looks great, which will be troubling.

Archived