Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

Here's some mockup possibilities of what we might be looking at.

I used both "athletic gold" (yellow) and "metallic gold" (tan).

twins2015permutations.png

From a historical standpoint it makes no sense, but aesthetically neither is a bad addition. Though if it spawns a "GFGS" trend then we have a problem.

I am fine with the metallic gold versions of the wordmark and even the athletic gold version of the red letters outlined in white but do not care for the top left version with the blue letters outlined in red with the yellow drop shadow, which is what I fear they will actually be doing based on the descriptions I've red.

To my eye, the yellow against the red looks like printing that is out of perfect registration, such as in a poorly done Sunday funny pages.

As for the cap logos, I prefer the ones with the gold right up against the letters without the blue in between.

I'd sure like to see them just once introduce a game jersey with the TC on the upper left chest, similar to things the Giants have worn with the SF logo. The real missed opportunity for that was the sleeveless vests, which were just the home whites with the sleeves chopped off.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The M caps sold very poorly, so poorly that they team shop at the stadium didn't even stock them this past season and were only forced to order them before that because the team shocked the retail operation by wearing the M in the camo version on Memorial Day and then proceeding to decide it was a "lucky" cap and wear it for the next two months.

https://twitter.com/TwinsPrez/status/529833630827560960

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The M caps sold very poorly, so poorly that they team shop at the stadium didn't even stock them this past season and were only forced to order them before that because the team shocked the retail operation by wearing the M in the camo version on Memorial Day and then proceeding to decide it was a "lucky" cap and wear it for the next two months.

The Twins retired them this season, so it makes sense the store wouldn't sell them

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

It's a shame. I'm a much bigger fan of the TC cap than the M cap (I think most Twins fans and Minnesotans in general are), but I did really like when they wore the TC cap for home games and the M cap for road games. The current road cap (TC with a red bill) is an abomination IMO...can't stand it.

Not a fan of the current road set either. Seems too bland to me. The 1987-2009 set may have not been very pretty but it had...character(?)

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Understood. Didn't expect them to go away from it again. But it is worth repeating that this "untouchable" cap was gone from 1987-2001. That's a sizeable gap.

Understood. Didn't expect them to go away from it again. But it is worth repeating that this "untouchable" cap was gone from 1987-2001. That's a sizeable gap.

It wasn't just *poof* gone. The twins didn't act like it didn't exist. They're experimented by putting it on the sleeve with the M hat. It didn't work, and they transitioned it back to the full time hat. They learned their mistake, and will not touch it again

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I really don't like red, blue and yellow together, be it navy or royal blue. The only example I can think of that doesn't look gaudy is the Florida Panthers inaugural set, and that used very minimal yellow. Oh, and Superman, who also used minimal yellow. Hopefully the Twins use gold-gold.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It wasn't just *poof* gone. The twins didn't act like it didn't exist. They're experimented by putting it on the sleeve with the M hat. It didn't work, and they transitioned it back to the full time hat. They learned their mistake, and will not touch it again

But that's not an experiment... it's 15 seasons! :)

I'm sorry I swung and missed so badly on my TC concept. I still believe in it but I guess I underestimated how much actual Twins fans want to keep things the same, which I understand.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For clarification, saying "don't touch the TC logo" is not the same thing as "this must always be the hat logo." I don't think the fact that TC was on the sleeves and M on the caps during the championships diminishes the importance or significant of the TC logo. But changing it in any drastic way when it's the only graphical identity of the Twins to stay the same after 50 years just feels wrong.

I'm sorry I swung and missed so badly on my TC concept. I still believe in it but I guess I underestimated how much actual Twins fans want to keep things the same, which I understand.

It was a good concept, it unifies the logo with the wordmark font like they did with the 'M' logo, and also eliminates the wishbone C which is nearly identical to the Reds'. That said I just don't think they'll ever change it that drastically for the sake of making it look better. It's too established.

ALykGdZ.png

I disagree; I realize that history makes the TC hat more attractive to the club, but I think the M hat was much better.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Eh it goes beyond history for me. The TC hat is so unique in the fact that it isn't simply an anagram of the team or city name, while still making sense obviously. Also I like interlocking letters, and any logo really, that has some sense of symmetry to it. The M had no real charm to it, it felt like it was trying to be too hard to seem cool and modern, not to mention it's just looks unappealing to be and seems to be lowercase.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Archived