Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

They should just go back to this extremely popular look:

preview.jpg?wm=api

Wait, they actually WORE that?! I never thought they would mix eras like that
It was to honor the 91 World Series team, but they had already decided they'd only wear the cream jerseys the rest of the season to honor Killebrew. That's how they wound up with an odd combination of tributes.

Edit- to clarify, the M cap had not been worn since the Metrodome days, but the 91 WS team tribute had been planned all season. Then the Killebrew tribute apparently overrode the 91 WS tribute, thus arriving at the photo above.

EXACTLY right. The Twins retained the M logo cap for the 2010 season as an alternate option "at the players request", but never wore it in 2010. Then in 2011, they only wore it for the 1991 World Series tribute weekend.

In 2012, the Twins had yet to wear the M until they wore the navy cap with the camo M on Memorial Day. In retail we had the home and road camo TC caps and not a single camo M cap anywhere. Never saw it coming since they had only wore the frickin' things 3 times (in the space of one tribute weekend) in two seasons plus two months. They won that game and then wore the standard blue with red M the next day and won again. So they wore it again. And again. They had a good week so the caps stuck around for a while over the next couple of months, but the team sucked and the "lucky" wore off and it faded out of favor once again. I'm not sure they ever wore it again in 2013 or 2014 even though it remained an option. It was still an option in 2014, wasn't it?

It was not an option in 2014. They dropped it, along with their navy home jersey

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some wrote about the "Twin Cities Twins" being the original name of the team. Has anyone ever found or shared something from Nov 1960 showing that? The team moved from Washington late oct 1960 and by late Nov 1960 the team announced the name "Minnesota Twins" including the logo of minne and paul shaking hands across the river, but with a interlocking MT on the sleeve and chest of the shirts where the M and SP later would be.

My point being I think the "Twin Cities Twins" is an urban legend.

I am aware that the Milwaukee newspaper for some unknown reason used that name, but I don't believe or at least would like to see evidence from nov 1960 that the name was going to be TCT until baseball said no.

Sorry I tried to quote the post but I can't quote for some reason.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

I LOVE the 'M' mark; really don't get the love for the 'TC' at all.

The M is a great cap mark for BP and/or a really good softball team.

Funny thing about opinions...I feel it's the opposite.

The 'M' mark fits with the rest of the uniform stylistically, while the 'TC' is a relic from an older, outdated identity that looks out of place with the current look.

In my opinion.

The "M" mark is fine. The problem is that it's so...ordinary. The team is from Minnesota and they have a M on their caps in the style of their wordmark. It's perfectly fine, but it's just boring in comparison to the "TC" mark. Not only does it look great (in my opinion) but it stands out by not being a team locale or name initial yet still totally fitting in with both. It's unique among MLB monogram logos. Losing that so they can just use an "M" seems like a downgrade to me.

Some wrote about the "Twin Cities Twins" being the original name of the team. Has anyone ever found or shared something from Nov 1960 showing that? The team moved from Washington late oct 1960 and by late Nov 1960 the team announced the name "Minnesota Twins" including the logo of minne and paul shaking hands across the river, but with a interlocking MT on the sleeve and chest of the shirts where the M and SP later would be.

My point being I think the "Twin Cities Twins" is an urban legend.

I am aware that the Milwaukee newspaper for some unknown reason used that name, but I don't believe or at least would like to see evidence from nov 1960 that the name was going to be TCT until baseball said no.

Sorry I tried to quote the post but I can't quote for some reason.

It sounds like something somebody made up while defending the usage of the TC. It's hard to imaging them seriously considering that name. I always thought it was just a unique way of representing their market, sort of like the DC cap for the Nationals. Maybe there's some truth to it though.

dave

What I think may be true ( no proof) I wonder if they were thinking of using Twin Cities as the place name and baseball said no, so they went with Minnesota and used Twins as the nickname for Minnesota but not Twin Cities. By the way the Twins did not release their uniforms until Jan 61, 2 months after the name had been announced.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

I think he's trying to say that the Twins would have the same color palette as the Natinals, thereby making the old DC team slightly resemble the current DC team.

Incidentally, I think both teams in question should use navy blue as their main color for Senators-related reasons (and in the case of the Nats, just because red and gold jump off a blue base better than blue and gold jump off red).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived