2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

FYI, title game ticket prices are out (and have been since May, apparently)

$450

$650 for Club Level

$200 for Student section and Standing Room

Semifinal prices (Rose and Sugar) have not been determined, but there are concerns that those games may not sellout.

This is just them setting up a paper trail to get rid of student seats. Or bilk more money out of the schools.

Why couldn't the semis be played on campus again?

Yeah because the average student who doesn't have a rich mommy and daddy can afford a $200 ticket along with airfare and hotel expenses. Way to over price things.

Do college kids no longer have credit cards? How much is spent on booze and drugs again?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$450

$650 for Club Level

Semifinal prices (Rose and Sugar) have not been determined, but there are concerns that those games may not sellout.

This is just them setting up a paper trail to get rid of student seats. Or bilk more money out of the schools.

Yeah because the average student who doesn't have a rich mommy and daddy can afford a $200 ticket along with airfare and hotel expenses. Way to over price things.

Do college kids no longer have credit cards?

In lieu of credit cards they assume crippling student loan debt.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

$450

$650 for Club Level

I don't think those two are connected until after graduation.

Well… :censored:

(Maybe.)

Between this and the field turf, would I be correct in assuming that NDNation has hired a crack team of assassins to ensure Brian Kelly never coaches again?

Don't think so. Some, just like Kelly, hope that these allegations simply just blow over.

$450

$650 for Club Level

Do college kids no longer have credit cards? How much is spent on booze and drugs again?

Using plastic doesn't mean you can afford it. Drugs and alcohol, unfortunately, is kind of a necessity for most college kids. Kind of like rent is if they are off-campus.

$450

$650 for Club Level

Spending money you don't have is always the answer. I mean it works for the government. Oh wait...

1zqy8ok.gif

$450

$650 for Club Level

Spending money you don't have is always the answer. I mean it works for the government. Oh wait...

It's amazing how prevelant it is though. If you have a mortgage, you've spent money you don't have.

$450

$650 for Club Level

It's amazing how prevelant it is though. If you have a mortgage, you've spent money you don't have.

Having a mortgage on a place you live is different than just racking up debt on a credit card for some game tickets.

Well I've known a lot of friends of mine that have blown their student loans on booze, drugs, rent, and college football tickets. Sometimes I feel like this is going to be the next bubble to burst. The way they give out student loans and the students use it to buy swank private owned student housing for $600-$1000 a month per person. These have been going up like crazy here in Columbia.

EDIT: Sorry to stay off topic. I'd like to go back to college football now :)I feel Missouri is going to be relying on their defense a lot this year.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

$450

$650 for Club Level

I don't think those two are connected until after graduation.

That is if you can get to graduation at all, and not be forced to drop out because of tuition costs with no diploma to show for it.

Braxton done for the season... JT Barrett will be the starting quarterback this season at tOSU.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/08/38901/braxton-miller-mri-tuesday-morning

That is a huge damper on Ohio State's chances for the playoff and it almost surely makes the Michigan State game an easy loss for them.

I just read on the ESPN bottom line that Hawaii is considering getting rid of the football program due to budget issues. That would be such a shame.

It is a shame too especially when Colt Brennan took that program to a BCS Bowl in 2007 (Blown out by Georgia). But looking at that article, I can understand why (Aloha Stadium is terrible and the facilities are just bad). If they do drop football, the Mountain West could add New Mexico State or Idaho to keep the football membership at 12 (for the championship game).

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Yeah, I think it'd be a lot better if Idaho went to the Mountain West then to play in the Sun Belt.

It makes more sense in the travel department, but if I would be the MWC commissioner, I would pick New Mexico State (far superior basketball program and better football stadium).

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Braxton done for the season... JT Barrett will be the starting quarterback this season at tOSU.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/08/38901/braxton-miller-mri-tuesday-morning

That is a huge damper on Ohio State's chances for the playoff and it almost surely makes the Michigan State game an easy loss for them.

I just read on the ESPN bottom line that Hawaii is considering getting rid of the football program due to budget issues. That would be such a shame.

It is a shame too especially when Colt Brennan took that program to a BCS Bowl in 2007 (Blown out by Georgia). But looking at that article, I can understand why (Aloha Stadium is terrible and the facilities are just bad). If they do drop football, the Mountain West could add New Mexico State or Idaho to keep the football membership at 12 (for the championship game).

Yeah, I think it'd be a lot better if Idaho went to the Mountain West then to play in the Sun Belt.

It makes more sense in the travel department, but if I would be the MWC commissioner, I would pick New Mexico State (far superior basketball program and better football stadium).

The reality is that if all three of those FBS programs were eliminated, not many tears would be shed. Especially NMSU and Idaho.

Hawai'i is a mess and was so years before Colt Brennan told reporters that the showers didn't have soap.

The athletic department spends 20% of their budget on travel.

They haven't had a sellout since 2006, the year BEFORE the undefeated season and when they went to the Sugar Bowl, they didn't accept the full allotment of tickets and created. The 2008 season has two home games with FCS teams.

They have had three athletic directors since 2008. They fired the one who had the bowl ticket issue, and last year had to get rid of his replacement because he was duped out of $200K of university funds trying to book a Stevie Wonder concert to be a department fundraiser. Now they have a former Ohio St. Assoc. AD who requested that $12M of department debt which they took from the university was to be forgiven. The regents did that and the guy cannot balance a budget after he promised cuts and financial changes last year. They hired a accountant, not a fundraiser, who first wanted to streamline the team nicknames, then backed off that after one year.

And the school's chancellor was fired three weeks ago.

Archived