New York Mets database

Dekabreak

Not a redesign. I've been enamored with sites like erojkit and switchimageproject showing off vectored shirts for soccer. I'd figure to do the same, recreating baseball jerseys used by the New York Mets. I killed off time vectorizing stuff and did the Mets' home alternate used in 1997:

Ap6zKlY.png

An underrated set from an aesthetically magnificent years for the Mets in the mid 90s. An emphasis on the aesthetically, they weren't magnificent on-field until the late 90s. This predates the snow whites that were recently axed by the team for the 2015 season. The hat though... Well, at least it's unorthodox.

Font used during that time:

tRpviDE.png

My OCD flared out when I saw so many distorted lines in the original block font from the style guide, so I straightened them out. Also, I took the time to recreate the front block font used by the Mets and other teams. It's not the same as the Dodgers' front block, bit less thick.

I pulled off a glacier twill effect on Illustrator:

nOPriME.png

Redrew the Jackie Robinson 50th anniversary logo from the raster found on this site:

cfaiLut.png

And as an extra, I drew these jocktags back in 2012. The BP one is badly outdated, but here it is anyways. The Russell jocktag took a while, couldn't find a pic of the Diamond Collection raster logo so I resorted on using pics from jerseys.

AWvZMFx.png

So tell me what you think. I'd appreciate your criticisms and hopefully if this works out, I might branch out to other teams.

Big thanks to aawagner011 for his template.

Thanks! Might as well complete the 1997 set.

California based AIS (Adventures in Sports) were exclusively the official supplier for the Mets during the mid to late 90s (consumer versions were manufactured by Russell). Since they weren't allowed to show their logo in front of the jerseys, the jocktags were shown under them. The small rectangular box shows their location.

1997 Home:

ExjDCCM.png

LwjrjoG.png

1997 Road:

hD1gdEW.png

VkxjwWy.png

By this time the Mets made the switch to blue glacier twill.

I'm going to start to work on the rest of the '90s next.

Archived