NHL Hockey Player Template (PSD and XCF formats)

Sean F&F

I had a few people ask me about the template I used in some of my hockey concepts. I made it myself and finished uploading it to deviantart.

f_f_hockey_player_template_gimp_xcf_form

I made both a xcf for GIMP and psd for Photoshop.

Since I use GIMP, the XCF has all the layer groups which makes it easier to use.

The Photoshop one doesn't but I labeled them all so it will be easy enough for the user to re group them.

GIMP .xcf file http://seanff.deviantart.com/art/F-F-Hockey-Player-Template-GIMP-XCF-Format-493981525

Photoshp .psd file http://seanff.deviantart.com/art/F-F-Hockey-Player-Template-PHOTOSHOP-PSD-Format-493980468

Let me know how this works.

Good job Sean! I tried only .psd version and I have some insights. You did a great job on both socks and jersey, but I feel like helmet, gloves and pants need more work (more details on shadows and highlights... and definitely put all the Reebok logos on a separate layer)! Here's an example... I've used same color for all parts just to show you what I mean. Hope you can fix this, cause this would make one hell of a template ;)

29bg0es.jpg

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

I am working on a Cincinnati Swarm Cross over concept and love how this template looks. I will post it here when I am finished with away and alternate concepts. I downloaded the photoshop version and was wondering if there is a way to make the hockey stick a separate layer. It is grouped in now with the pants and socks and skates. I know you are busy but I think that adjustment makes this template the best I have seen EVER!!!. The only thing not displayed is the Back of the Jersey with number and name. Maybe rotate the view to the back. Don't you love it when people make more work for you. You knocked this one way out of the park. Circle the bases Kirk Gibson style.

Hey Sean, I wanted you to see how I used your AWESOME ! template to create the latest Cincinnati Swarm Concept. I cleaned up some things and now have the ability to have Reebok lettering as a separate layer. Check out the skate. Did I do OK? I am still working on Alternate Home Color Scheme. Yellow Jersey and socks, Brown pants. I think this is turning out nicely. Thanks again for sharing your talent.

SwarmHomeff_hockey_player_template_zpsa6

SwarmAwayf_f_hockey_player__zpse25cf89d.

I feel like a kid at Christmas that won't stop playing with his new toy. Just wanted to show some of the possibilities of Sean's Kick Butt Template. This is addicting and I keep finding other ways to tweak it. On this latest 3 scheme version I found a neat honeycomb wallpaper and did away with the Swarm of Bees that was not really working for me. I also smudged and blurred the player shadow layer to make it look more realistic instead of cropped. See what you think.

3schemef_f_hockey_player_reduced_zps74bd

I feel like a kid at Christmas that won't stop playing with his new toy. Just wanted to show some of the possibilities of Sean's Kick Butt Template. This is addicting and I keep finding other ways to tweak it. On this latest 3 scheme version I found a neat honeycomb wallpaper and did away with the Swarm of Bees that was not really working for me. I also smudged and blurred the player shadow layer to make it look more realistic instead of cropped. See what you think.

3schemef_f_hockey_player_reduced_zps74bd

It is very nice concept. Very unusual colors for hockey team. And the honeycomb pattern on jersey is awesome

Archived