__taylorc's College Baseball Redesigns (4/16 Virginia Tech)

__taylorc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Holidays everyone! I'm back with another installment of this Series! Sorry it took me so long I've been running into a few things lately so I kinda had to put this on hold but I'm back with the ACC Atlantic.

Boston College

WB46Fln.jpg

Clemson

kCIP5I9.jpg

Florida State

z51ot2G.jpg

Louisville

W5dcxjq.jpg

North Carolina State

iqO1UWI.jpg

Notre Dame

QNkqNVN.jpg

Wake Forest

UHgJix1.jpg

*BTW the Home Unis for Wake Forest are Cream instead of White

Please C&C tell me anything! Lets have more than 1 or 2 people comment I would like more imput on my concept it will be greatly appreciated.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

I would take away the grey pants option for BCs gold jersey. It doesn't look great for the Brewers, and it probably wouldn't work here.

My first thought. And FSU's wordmark on the garnet jersey should be either gold or white. Garnet on garnet doesn't look right.

Just a few things I liked or noticed.

- I agree with MCH925 on the FSU wordmark. Color on same color wordmarks never look good.

- I really like the Northwestern stripes for Louisville.

- Then several things for Notre Dame:

- You should try to utilize the double stripe motif that all the sports are using this year. Preferably in a different fashion than BC (since it's the same striping pattern).

- UA created a new Irish script for us this year, as seen on our gold basketball jerseys. I would use that.

- Not sure what's going on with the gold hat, with the blue bottom of the crown. I would just have the brim blue and the entire crown gold.

Just a few things I liked or noticed.

- I agree with MCH925 on the FSU wordmark. Color on same color wordmarks never look good.

Now looking at it I can see that being a little hard to see I'll fix that

- UA created a new Irish script for us this year, as seen on our gold basketball jerseys. I would use that.

Thats actually what I did I used that same exact font except I slanted it a little to match What ND Baseball wore last year on there home. In fact I based the Gold uniform set exactly off that Basketball Set. And I was actually considering using that Double Stripe and looking at it now I'll include that into there set.

- Not sure what's going on with the gold hat, with the blue bottom of the crown. I would just have the brim blue and the entire crown gold.

Honestly that Alternate Home set was kinda of a fail, That Vest set was suppose to be apart of a "Shamrock Series Set" but I ended up scrapping it because it looked kinda odd but I kept the cap. The base was suppose to be Gold while there would be a stripe the would cover the bottom.

Tj4ZkPU.png

Good job with these. You do a good job creating interesting piping and striping.

I actually don't think you have to change the red FSU jersey. It would look good with gold lettering/numbering, but I think a bigger issue is on your outlines. You should thicken them up, not just for FSU but for all teams. I can't tell if you are giving Clemson an outline even after I viewed the full-size image.

As others have noted, gold with gray pants doesn't look very good. I would make the gold shirts home alternates only for BC and Wake. I would make the red BC and black Wake shirts a home alt options as well.

When you go with chest logos, they are still a little small.

I personally don't like white hats as the default home look. It is a combination of visual preference and practicality. They can work as an alternate where they are worn only a few times a year, but they get dirty so quickly they lose their whiteness. (Also, in my opinion, for a team to pull it off, they should have a very simple color scheme: white and one other color. You give Notre Dame a white lid when they already use navy, gold, and green. Wake has black and gold. I don't think of white being a big part of either of their visual identities.)

award%20sig.png

The ACC looks good but I think the piping on clemson's pants should be fatter. When I think of of Clemson baseball, I think of their oversized pants piping, Vanderbilt does it too. I originally disliked it but it's grown on me, and know I think of it as their signature look.

NEWSGG copy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone I feel like before I release any new uniforms I should update some that some has asked for so here we go.....

UCF

8KC3A91.jpg

-Filled "holes" on the wordmarking

-Made a custom Number Font

-Changed cap logo to there Knight Logo

Boston College

hwCFsmy.jpg

-Removed the Grey pants from the Gold uniforms

Clemson

58nf7xz.jpg

-Thickened Outlines

Notre Dame

U58e3Ao.jpg

-Thickened Outlines a bit

-Used there 2 Stripe look

-Removed there 2nd Home Alternate (Will be used later, you'll see why)

And for the final update I'm not sure what I'm gonna go with so I'm gonna hold a vote for this last one

Florida State

aQFq2iJ.jpg

Maroon outlined with Gold and White? Or...

rpenq5t.jpg

Gold outlined with White?

If there is anything that you think needs to be fixed please tell me! And tell me how you think of the updates. BTW I will do signature jerseys (Camo, American Flag inspired, etc) later I wanna get the main looks done first.

Tj4ZkPU.png

What if you combined the two looks? Sublimate the designs on the gold numbers.

What if you would combine the two looks? Sublimate the pattern on the gold numbers.

Whoops I actually meant to have the gold sublimated also thats my fault. And I used the wrong image on Boston College. XD I'll fix that

Tj4ZkPU.png

• 1 month later...

Boy has it took me a while to fish the thread again. Hello everyone if you can now tell I want to continue what I was doing on this thread since College Baseball has just started back up. Now I wanted to come back......but I wanted to start off with a bang! Now over the past few months my Illustrator skills have even taken me by surprise, and I thought since I wanted to get back into making baseball concepts I wanted to add a few things that others don't usually have like full details and others. Now since College Baseball has more become like College Football and Basketball with multiple unis I wanted to implement that as well in my concept. I'm also gonna start taking more ballsier risk too. Well I only want to release a tease right now since I'm not completely done with what I want to upload but I'm gonna continue to were I left off with the ACC Coastal. Now I only want to release 1 team right now and that is Duke. So here you go and C&C is needed definetly! Tell me what the template could use or what I may have missed out on the unis!

Duke

q6o92wr.jpg

If you wanna take an individual look at each uniform just click on the name it'll send you too a imgur link (BTW I hope the image isnt too big)

Tj4ZkPU.png

Archived