NCAA Bowl Logo Redesigns

Go Red Sox!

These are really nice, Go.

The 2-tone gold on the Liberty Bowl works fine for me.

In fact, I'd rather see a two-tone effect used to suggest a metallic rather than a gradient.

I like it.

The football-fleur-de-lis is brilliant...I've never seen that before. Nice.

I like the festive feel that the confetti adds.

I guess my only slight knock would be on the "NEW ORLEANS BOWL". I think it should read, "NEW ORLEANS BOWL".

The Texas Bowl looks really good- clean.

Hope there's more!

Thanks a lot, sparky! I totally agree with you about gradients being used in sports logos. In my view it's a no-go. And if there's an absolute necessity to use them – for whatever reason – they should always be unflashy and subtle.

About the NEW ORLEANS BOWL issue: I will try to find a solution. I knew from the start that this was going to be a little trickier because of that long city name NEW ORLEANS and that short four-letter word BOWL. I also didn't want to typeset the whole thing in just one line, regardless of the design.

Yes, more redesigns will follow in the next days and weeks.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice job with these last two. I agree with Sparky about the wordmark in the New Orleans Bowl. The Texas Bowl logo is really nice as well. Great work!

Thanks a lot!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Very nice job with these last two. I agree with Sparky about the wordmark in the New Orleans Bowl. The Texas Bowl logo is really nice as well. Great work!

Thanks! I'll work on it, but it's a little tougher than it seems. Because I'm trying to not completely change the basic shape of the logo.

Just a reminder too, be careful with the companies branding. For instance, the Autozone logo is never seen without a white background or at least a white outline. Keeping that corporate branding may change the way the bowl logos look.

That being said, your work is fantastic, I can't wait to see more.

Just a reminder too, be careful with the companies branding. For instance, the Autozone logo is never seen without a white background or at least a white outline. Keeping that corporate branding may change the way the bowl logos look.

That being said, your work is fantastic, I can't wait to see more.

You're absolutely right. So I made a compromise by adding a thicker white outline to the Autozone logo. Thanks!

All of these are awesome! Can't wait to see the more recognizable bowls. Are you going to make a new Playoff logo also?

Thanks!

Didn't plan to redesign the NCAA Playoff logo, but never say never...

All of these look great to far. I'm glad you got rid of the gradient in the Bahamas Bowl. Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot!

You won't find gradients in my logos or whatever I will upload here. I totally dislike them.

Nice work on the Bahamas Bowl. I wish there was a way you could incorporate the Bahamas' flag more but I don't really see a way that the black triangle could fit due to the palm trees being outlined in black. Maybe you can try the blue/yellow/blue that the flag uses instead of just yellow/blue?

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived