NCAA Bowl Logo Redesigns

Go Red Sox!

NCAABowlGameLogos_zpse39e6157.png

Hi guys, this is a redesign of the Liberty Bowl logo that I've finished a couple of months ago, but never uploaded before. Many NCAA bowl logos were updated or completely redesigned in the past months or years and I think this one could deserve an overhaul as well. I just think the current one looks completely outdated, specially because of this terrible emboss filter they've decided to put on.

Comments are welcome as usual...

UPDATE: "BOWL" now typeset using a non-italic font without spikes.

OldLibertyBowllogo_zps81c639bd.png

Current logo

LogoComparison_zps352876f6.png

Before After

LibertyBowllogo_zps7216335a.png

Logo detail

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of this, to be honest. I feel like there's too much going on. While it is an improvement over the current, I feel like it could still be improved.

- Like others said, the different fonts is an issue. Use one font and un-italicize the "BOWL" mark.

- Use one shade of copper. You have a lighter shade for the football and the bell, but a darker shade for the outline of the logo and the bell's outline. Personally, I'd use the lighter shade to contrast against the navy. I'd also make the outline of the bell navy.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm not a fan of this, to be honest. I feel like there's too much going on. While it is an improvement over the current, I feel like it could still be improved.

- Like others said, the different fonts is an issue. Use one font and un-italicize the "BOWL" mark.

- Use one shade of copper. You have a lighter shade for the football and the bell, but a darker shade for the outline of the logo and the bell's outline. Personally, I'd use the lighter shade to contrast against the navy. I'd also make the outline of the bell navy.

Thanks for your feedback.

Personally I wouldn't consider using two different fonts being an issue in this regard or particular case. Of course I know that most of the NCAA Bowl logos use just one typeface, but that was exactly what I didn't want to continue. But I agree with the italic issue. It looks okay, but using a non-italic typeface (without spikes) is the better choice.

I also don't agree that there's is too much going on – not because it's my design and I need to defend it, but rather because I feel the design is pretty assessable and not overflowing with elements.

I used two different shades of gold in order to create detail on the bell. When the bell's outline is supposed to be navy, then there wouldn't be any outline anymore because the background is navy, too. I also tried out navy details on the bell, but it looked strange and definitely not good at all. That's why I chose a second shade of gold (PANTONE 871 metallic gold) in order to display the bell's details in a little more subtle way.

Thanks also to everybody commenting yet.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

The only thing I dislike about yours is the bell itself - specifically the colors. The body is lighter and the keyline is darker. That's not necessary bad, but the darker keyline jars against the navy background a tiny bit. It looks slightly blurry on some monitors (at least two of mine).

But the design itself is superb and I love it. If you were going to make edits to the colors, it would literally be just changing the colors by a few small degrees, nothing major, really. Overall it's fantastic work.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Next one is the logo of the New Orleans Bowl , sponsored by R+L Carriers.

In my view it's one of the most boring designs of all the Bowl logos one can find, so I tried to give the logo a fresher and modernized look keeping the color scheme for the most part.

LogoComparison_zpsd5e7146d.png

Before After

NewOrleansBowllogo_zps31d1c786.png

Logo detail

Dang the New Orleans Bowl logo looks sharp. I also like how you incorporated the football into the fleur-de-lis. I would've liked to see that old yellow in there as well but I can't really see where you'd be able to incorporate that. Regardless, nice job man!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Dang the New Orleans Bowl logo looks sharp. I also like how you incorporated the football into the fleur-de-lis. I would've liked to see that old yellow in there as well but I can't really see where you'd be able to incorporate that. Regardless, nice job man!

Thank you! You're right about the yellow. I was trying to incorporate it, but it just didn't really look good at all. It looks cleaner without it, also because R+L Carriers is already using two different shades of green.

Next NCAA bowl logo is a redesign of the mark for the Texas Bowl, sponsored by Advocare. The colors of the state of Texas remain unchanged, along with silver as a supporting color.

The host stadium, Houston's NRG Stadium, is seen at the top of the logo.

LogoComparison_zps9b31caf3.png

Before After

TexasBowllogo_zpsa6de465c.png

Logo detail

These are really nice, Go.

The 2-tone gold on the Liberty Bowl works fine for me.

In fact, I'd rather see a two-tone effect used to suggest a metallic rather than a gradient.

I like it.

The football-fleur-de-lis is brilliant...I've never seen that before. Nice.

I like the festive feel that the confetti adds.

I guess my only slight knock would be on the "NEW ORLEANS BOWL". I think it should read, "NEW ORLEANS BOWL".

The Texas Bowl looks really good- clean.

Hope there's more!

Archived