IIHF ideas... for the bottom teams

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all. Very sorry to those of you who have been following this series... things got unexpectedly super busy around the holidays and this fell by the wayside. But while I probably don't have time to make more right now, I am going to continue to post the ones already completed in groups until they're gone. So here are the next three:

Serbia

IIHF World Ranking: 31st

u0jmap8.pngG1fiwST.png

Spain

IIHF World Ranking: 30th

hiD1hod.pngGSnAAAi.png

Estonia

IIHF World Ranking: 29th

mYIrkaG.pngbNdd3YR.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Estonia is simply beautiful, and so different than most of the other red/blue (boring) countries.

I was thinking about Serbia, and about my general dislike for the multitude of red and blue teams, so I did a little digging around, and found out that the national animal of Serbia is the grey wolf, and its state flower is the plum, which could provide a different colour scheme to Serbia instead of red and blue. I made up a mock wolf head to illustrate what I think might be a good starting point for a unique Serbia identity. Would you consider it?
sloveniangreywolf_zps5a1ae70d.png?t=1420

Just stumbled across this series, and this is some great work, dgnmrwrw. I won't go back and comment on individual countries, but I'll just say that there are a lot of really sharp, unique designs here. I've always loved how you go outside the box with design elements without going too far over the top. My only real critique is that I'd like to see a little more cohesion between home and road sets.

Keep up the good work! I'll be following this one the rest of the way.

Thanks to those who are still following this!

Estonia is simply beautiful, and so different than most of the other red/blue (boring) countries.

I was thinking about Serbia, and about my general dislike for the multitude of red and blue teams, so I did a little digging around, and found out that the national animal of Serbia is the grey wolf, and its state flower is the plum, which could provide a different colour scheme to Serbia instead of red and blue. I made up a mock wolf head to illustrate what I think might be a good starting point for a unique Serbia identity. Would you consider it?
sloveniangreywolf_zps5a1ae70d.png?t=1420

Interesting idea... I'll admit that in my research for this series I relied heavily on Wikipedia (so ashamed), and particularly on the colors or schemes that teams from other national sports employ, i.e. green and gold for Australia, black for New Zealand. But I really like the potential here. Is there any evidence that this color scheme is employed elsewhere in Serbian national culture?

More coming up.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I think you should throw a white shield behind the Ireland jersey.

North Korea is good, but I think that maybe you could throw the star in the middle on the away, and get rid of the backround.

I'm expecting a Japan jersey!

Maybe you could put Hatsune Miku on the chest, and RX-78 Gundam on the sleeve.

And just a massive Totoro on the chest.

Or Kojima's face.

3aKTw5y.png

Favorite teams: Dynamo Moscow, Detroit Red Wings, Jokerit, Manchester United, Kitchener Rangers

Bravo, dg...

Now THIS is what international hockey should look like!

...Different styles; different templates; unique colour combos.

I love the experimentation with the concepts that you've done.

Shame on Nike for attempting to make all international unis just different coloured versions of the same template.

If I want to see that, I'll go watch house league.

The Olympics, The World Juniors, etc., are INTERNATIONAL tournaments.

They should be an assembly of different flavours from around the world. I wanna see variety.

Nike should take note of threads like this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Freaking awesome. I can say though, the folks here in Korea would prefer blue to an all red jersey. They're not big fans of North Korea, China, or Japan, so I don't think a primarily red jersey wouldn't work. It's a great design though.

Sorry for the delay in posting these! Thanks to all who have been following and have commented. I've really appreciated the kind words. And there are a few more to come!

Also, if anyone is interested in procuring a few 90s-era hockey jerseys, check out my thread here.

Your Netherlands away is beautiful! And the link to the 90's era jerseys is broken.

That's what- She

Archived