RIP Oscar Taveras

STL FANATIC

Cardinals super prospect Oscar Taveras has been killed in a car accident with his girlfriend in his native Dominican Republic. I'm sick.

What?! That's awful. He had potential, but was stuck among other good OF's in St. Louis. He could've been a great contributor if given solid playing time for a different team.

So sad to hear that.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Cardinals super prospect Oscar Taveras has been killed in a car accident with his girlfriend in his native Dominican Republic. I'm sick.

It's sad news and all....but really? C'mon now, don't be overly dramatic on this.

This is why you get crap about "Today we are all Cardinals!"....

It's sad news and all....but really? C'mon now, don't be overly dramatic on this.

I'm not a Cardinals fan but there's definitely some feeling deep in my gut about him dying. Has nothing to do with the Cards, just that some young guy died.

If somebody else had posted that, you wouldn't have said anything. It's just because he's a Cards fan.

IEI5Tg1.png

I'm not a Cardinals fan but there's definitely some feeling deep in my gut about him dying. Has nothing to do with the Cards, just that some young guy died.

If somebody else had posted that, you wouldn't have said anything. It's just because he's a Cards fan.

No, it's because he was overly dramatic about Hancock's death, saying multiple times about how he was in mourning and the like. Got really defensive about his death until it was found out that it was due to drugs/alcohol.

Has nothing to do with who he roots for.

It's ok to be sad about something, but I think it's a bit much to say you're sick/ill or in mourning over someone you really don't know.

Like I said, it's sad, but it's not much different from what you typically see on your local news these days.

Not going into this again. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having an emotional response to this, and that's as much as I'm going to say.

No, it's because he was overly dramatic about Hancock's death, saying multiple times about how he was in mourning and the like. Got really defensive about his death until it was found out that it was due to drugs/alcohol.

That was over 7 years ago, I was 19. GMAFB. And my mistake was in being overly preachy and defensive. Not in feeling bad about the death. Sorry you feel the need to be combative, but this is as much as I'll give you.

I'm really sad.

That was 7 years ago, I was 19. GMAFB. And my mistake was in being overly preachy and defensive. Not in feeling bad about the death. Sorry you feel the need to be combative, but this is as much as I'll give you.

I'm really sad.

Hey Fanatic don't worry about what others think. It's how you feel and it's ok.

It's not a bad thing to feel sick over this at all. He was a 22 year old kid who had a chance to be a great player, and he was taken away in a flash. But it has nothing to do with how good of a player he was. This was a kid who had just played in his first MLB postseason less than a month ago.

Archived