Hand Drawn 76ers Concept (Home and City Pride)

eliasrappaport

Home: This is based off a couple of former Sixers looks with some modern touches. The collar is from the 1970s era jersey with a RWB thin stripe scheme. The Side paneling is also from that jersey, but modified. Instead of a thin blue panel with a red piping a few inches off it, I expanded the blue panel to meet the red piping. I used "PHILA" instead of "SIXERS" in a font similar to the Pittsburgh Pirates. The numbers are off to the side, a modern aspect to the jersey that I think balances is it well. Everything has a red outline. The 76ers logo is the same here, except with consistency in the lines and a red "76".

IMG_3569_zps30fbf428.jpg

City Pride: The city pride jersey here is extremely simple. I wanted a white jersey to differentiate it from other team's city prides and because the home whites already are so colorful with the thick side panelling. The uniform is all red and white except for the shorts logo. The thin red piping stays just without the blue panelling with the white stars. "BROTHERLY LOVE" is used, a common nickname for Philadelphia and its direct translation from the Greek words "Phileo" and "Adelphos". The 13 star logo is finally utilized, in this case surrounding the number which is in a different font, a block font (an homage to the Sixers looks in the past).

IMG_3565_zps2d968579.jpg

Shorts Logo: This is based off the famous LOVE statue in Philly. The top 2 numbers are the jersey number you wear, the bottom 2 are always "76". The top right number is purposely tilted like the "O" in the LOVE statue

IMG_3566_zpsd1875137.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a slicers fan I want to see these on the court. Very well done! Try to make these digital

Thank you! When I get a new, better computer I'm gonna try and learn a program.

Oops meant to say sixers... Autocorrect on my iPhone

Don't worry, we knew what you wrere saying

tinysig.jpg

Home: This is based off a couple of former Sixers looks with some modern touches. The collar is from the 1970s era jersey with a RWB thin stripe scheme. The Side paneling is also from that jersey, but modified. Instead of a thin blue panel with a red piping a few inches off it, I expanded the blue panel to meet the red piping. I used "PHILA" instead of "SIXERS" in a font similar to the Pittsburgh Pirates. The numbers are off to the side, a modern aspect to the jersey that I think balances is it well. Everything has a red outline. The 76ers logo is the same here, except with consistency in the lines and a red "76".

IMG_3569_zps30fbf428.jpg

This concept is all you need!! Perfect! Love the boldness and design. Its modern and classic. Blue makes it pop well. Great job. Would love to see a blue road and red alternate version of this.

shado_logo.gif

IMG_3569_zps30fbf428.jpg

This concept is all you need!! Perfect! Love the boldness and design. Its modern and classic. Blue makes it pop well. Great job. Would love to see a blue road and red alternate version of this.
I second this

If you wouldn't mind me doing it, I might be able to get these spline on photoshop. I'm a bit new to the process but I'm up for the challenge and I'm not sloppy :) I'm (unfortunately) a Sixers fan, so this should be fun!

Go right ahead! I'd love to see that actually! As long you don't steal the concept for yourself of course. I share your sentiment as I am as well a sixers fan. Hard to watch.

IMG_3569_zps30fbf428.jpg

Thank you! I can definitely start working on a blue and red version of this.

Work is underway! I am starting with the City Pride jersey, it's looking great so far. Because the font in the drawing are a little rough, I may not capture every detail you had in mind but it will look pretty close. Will post when finished!

Awesome! I honestly can't wait to see what you do.

Ok here is the City Pride. I think the font and all are what you wanted, but you want any changes just say the word, it's not hard to edit. Hope you like it!

0dKwcJl.jpg

This is awesome man! The only change I'd say is making the font into a block font ala the 80s Blazers if that's at all possible.

I'll see what I can do! The numbers were hard, ipad Photoshop has limited fonts so I have to make them by hand, so it might be a little bit. I have started the home jersey, do you have an away jersey in mind?

Take all the time you need! For the away I'm thinking a blue jersey with white panels, red piping, blue stars. White numbers with red outline.

Btw what all are you using on the iPad?

Archived