NFL done by MCH (13/32; Jacksonville added C&C Needed)

martymcfry

Completed Teams:

Arizona

Atlanta

Baltimore

Buffalo

Carolina

Chicago

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Dallas

Denver

Detroit

Green Bay

Houston

Jacksonville

It probably seems like I'm posting a lot of topics for a beginner, but I'm ready for my first series. This time I'm going to do the NFL. I'm going from A-Z. I've gotten a head start on it (I've already finished Dallas), but I'm going to post one, get feedback and update it as needed, and repeat. I'll kick this off with the Cardinals.

xwwScVP.png

Arizona is in serious need of a redesign. It surprises me that they still haven't got a redesign by Nike yet. The Cardinals have problems with over piping, the number font and the gray facemask. Anyway, I made the facemask white, put a faded Arizona flag pattern on the shoulders, and put TV numbers on the sleeves. The pants also feature the flag pattern. Also, I kept the black jersey. I actually like it, and it's appropriate considering the amount of black in the logo. Please leave C&C!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a fan of the pants stripe if its really just a square block on the side

On the Nike pants template that's supposed to go on the side, but this template doesn't have the side panels for the pants so I just made the block and put it where it would go.

Any other C&C?

Pant stripes can still go over the mesh areas. That's not an excuse.

It's not an excuse, it was meant to go there. I've seen many Cardinals concepts with the same idea used. Besides, what would I do with it anyway? Even if I move it up, it's still going to look like a box. It's not like I can make it like a stripe.

It's not an excuse, it was meant to go there. I've seen many Cardinals concepts with the same idea used. Besides, what would I do with it anyway? Even if I move it up, it's still going to look like a box. It's not like I can make it like a stripe.

i think what he's trying to say is that you could've made a stripe on the pants with the same design. the mesh area, although providing a decent are for fill-in patterns and stuff isn't always the best look. i think that a full side pant strip with the pattern would look better than just the mesh are filled in.

i think what he's trying to say is that you could've made a stripe on the pants with the same design. the mesh area, although providing a decent are for fill-in patterns and stuff isn't always the best look. i think that a full side pant strip with the pattern would look better than just the mesh are filled in.

The problem with that is that a stripe wouldn't show the pattern well enough and you can only make a stripe so big until it's too big for a stripe. I'm just going to leave it how it is because of all the options there are that's the best one.

Nice but one thing I hate on these and the current uniforms; that awful red shoulder on the away uniforms...Cannot stand it. Same with the Titans.

Yes, I couldn't agree more. On a side note though, the only problem that I see other than the away sleeves is, that the stripes on the black jerseys are to hard to see. Also, I think a grey face mask would look nice. But the white looks fine.

NEWSGG copy.png

they have had a grey facemask ever year they have been around. stick with the grey facemask

Well, not EVERY year. Every year they've had facemarks on helmets, certainly.

(Didn't start putting facemasks on helmets until the mid-'50s.)

Here's Atlanta:

0bpHExR.png

I really mixed things up with Atlanta. Before I get into everything, I'll say my striping pattern goes gold-white-black-white-gold, gold-black-red-black-gold, or gold-white-red-white-gold, depending on the background, and the stripe is slanted in. A red helmet replaces the black shell, with the striping going from the back to the front. The jersey numbers have a double outline, and the striping is on the sleeves. The pants also feature the stripe. The red jersey remains the primary, but a black jersey is added as an alternate. Please provide C&C!

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the Cardinals' pants block objectively does not look good. And I still don't understand your reasoning for it. There's no reason why you can't have a full stripe (as you did with the Falcons) with the sublimated pattern. And if you still don't think that will work, you could just get rid of the sublimation on the pants. It fits better on the shoulders anyway.

The Falcons look really good. I like the return to a red helmet, the addition of gold, and the tapered striping. My only suggestion would be to flip the pants stripe. The helmet and sleeve stripes both taper inward, but the pants stripe tapers outward.

Archived