NFL done by MCH (13/32; Jacksonville added C&C Needed)

martymcfry

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the Cardinals' pants block objectively does not look good. And I still don't understand your reasoning for it. There's no reason why you can't have a full stripe (as you did with the Falcons) with the sublimated pattern. And if you still don't think that will work, you could just get rid of the sublimation on the pants. It fits better on the shoulders anyway.

The Falcons look really good. I like the return to a red helmet, the addition of gold, and the tapered striping. My only suggestion would be to flip the pants stripe. The helmet and sleeve stripes both taper inward, but the pants stripe tapers outward.

Should I really have to prepare visual aid?

dvBkyYP.png

That's what it would look like. A stripe would make the pattern too thin. As for Atlanta, I really prefer a stripe coming down on the pants.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the Cardinals' pants block objectively does not look good. And I still don't understand your reasoning for it. There's no reason why you can't have a full stripe (as you did with the Falcons) with the sublimated pattern. And if you still don't think that will work, you could just get rid of the sublimation on the pants. It fits better on the shoulders anyway.

The Falcons look really good. I like the return to a red helmet, the addition of gold, and the tapered striping. My only suggestion would be to flip the pants stripe. The helmet and sleeve stripes both taper inward, but the pants stripe tapers outward.

dvBkyYP.png

That's what it would look like. A stripe would make it too thin. As for Atlanta, I really don't like a stripe coming up on the pants.

If that's what you were trying to represent with the Cardinals, you didn't do a great job. What you posted above looks nothing like the floating rectangle in your original concept. Maybe you should add that side view of the pants to your template.

Not sure what you're trying to say regarding Atlanta. I gave you valuable C&C that would make your concept more consistent and well thought out, and you say you don't like it?

I have to say, you've had a less than stellar attitude regarding C&C so far. Keep that up and people will stop giving it, other than the people that post "kewl concept looks great," which does nothing to improve you as a designer.

dvBkyYP.png

That's what it would look like. A stripe would make the pattern too thin. As for Atlanta, I really don't like a stripe coming up on the pants.

If that's what you were trying to represent with the Cardinals, you did a really bad job. What you posted above looks nothing like the floating rectangle in your original concept. So yes, you did need to prepare visual aid.

Not sure what you're trying to say regarding Atlanta. I gave you valuable C&C that would make your concept more consistent and well thought out, and you say you don't like it?

I have to say, you've had a really bad attitude regarding C&C so far. Keep that up and people will stop giving it, other than the people that post "kewl concept looks great," which does nothing to improve you as a designer.

I did the best I could considering the template I was using. And on Atlanta, that's not what I meant, I meant I prefer a pant stripe coming down on the pants. Does it really make it look that inconsistent if it goes down? If it seems like I've had a bad attitude, I apologize. I am getting a little frustrated, and I did use C&C for Arizona. For Atlanta, I'm not really sure if the flipping the pant stripe is such a good idea, but if it looks that inconsistent, I can flip it.

That's what it would look like. A stripe would make the pattern too thin. As for Atlanta, I really don't like a stripe coming up on the pants.

If that's what you were trying to represent with the Cardinals, you did a really bad job. What you posted above looks nothing like the floating rectangle in your original concept. So yes, you did need to prepare visual aid.

I have to say, you've had a really bad attitude regarding C&C so far. Keep that up and people will stop giving it, other than the people that post "kewl concept looks great," which does nothing to improve you as a designer.

I did the best I could considering the template I was using. And on Atlanta, that's not what I meant, I meant I prefer a pant stripe coming down on the pants. Does it really make it look that inconsistent if it goes down? If it seems like I've had a bad attitude, I apologize. I am getting a little frustrated, and I did use C&C for Arizona. For Atlanta, I'm not really sure if the flipping the pant stripe is such a good idea, but if it looks that inconsistent, I can flip it.
Sorry if I sounded a little harsh. You did make changes to the Cards based on responses, but you could've explained the pants better. It's just that's your two teams have looked good so far, and it's clear you have the talent. But attention to detail is important.

The Atlanta pants stripe isn't life or death, but it's a little annoying to people that notice those types of things. The coloring of your stripes is consistent, which is the most important part. I think flipping the stripe would be a lot better, but it's your concept.

Also, I edited my above post and suggested you use the side view of the pants in your template. That would help clear up any confusion on pants striping.

Arizona: I like what i see, and now that you've explained the pant stripe I'm okay with it. I've fiddled around with the template you are using, so I get what you were trying to represent. I'd say that you should just place the pattern on the square though and perhaps show use some of the striping on the 3D model.

Atlanta: I don't like the gold personally. Gold just seems to muddle up the teams look IMO. Besides that, no real complaints with this set.

Assuming you are going in a alphabetical order, so next up is Baltimore, right?

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh. You did make changes to the Cards based on responses, but you could've explained the pants better. It's just that's your two teams have looked good so far, and it's clear you have the talent. But attention to detail is important.

The Atlanta pants stripe isn't life or death, but it's a little annoying to people that notice those types of things. The coloring of your stripes is consistent, which is the most important part. I think flipping the stripe would be a lot better, but it's your concept.

Also, I edited my above post and suggested you use the side view of the pants in your template. That would help clear up any confusion on pants striping.

Okay, I'll go back and fix those things, but I'm not sure about adding to the template, and I might not since I don't have any plans to do that again, and I don't do half stripes. I could add it if needed, though.

so next up is Baltimore, right?

Yup. And look out, my Baltimore is not the Baltimore you see today.

You mean we going Colts or Browns here??????? Interesting.

Oh no, I meant I really changed things up with the Ravens.

Ahh. Just the way my mind works sometimes..... but still can't wait to see what you've done.

so next up is Baltimore, right?

Yup. And look out, my Baltimore is not the Baltimore you see today.

You mean we going Colts or Browns here??????? Interesting.

Oh no, I meant I really changed things up with the Ravens.

Ahh. Just the way my mind works sometimes..... but still can't wait to see what you've done.

Okay.

love ATL. Maybe add gold to the helmets. It'll make the helmet match the pants.

Thanks! if you look up closer there is a gold outline on the helmet. Should I make that more visible?

yes!!!

Will do. I updated it in the OP and in the Table of Contents.

Baltimore:

7ReFi1J.png

Baltimore is another Nike Redesign victim. Obviously, I used the Maryland flag a lot - on the helmet, jersey, and pants. I made the flag in Ravens colors. The numbers are still double-outlined, but no longer has a drop shadow. Gold is also used more. Please provide C&C.

Baltimore:

7ReFi1J.png

Baltimore is another Nike Redesign victim. Obviously, I used the Maryland flag a lot - on the helmet, jersey, and pants. I made the flag in Ravens colors. The numbers are still double-outlined, but no longer has a drop shadow. Gold is also used more. Please provide C&C.

its a little over done. that's why i save the ravens for later on to brain storm ideas for incorporating the raven in them and also the flag design

Baltimore:

7ReFi1J.png

its a little over done. that's why i save the ravens for later on to brain storm ideas for incorporating the raven in them and also the flag design

Well since I'm doing these in alphabetical order I'm not going to skip Baltimore. I did put quite a bit of thought into to it, though it was during the process of making it. I really had no I idea what I was going to do when I opened paint. What specifically do you think I should change?

Calling your own design a "victim" probably wasn't a good choice...

It's just a figure of speech, if I didn't think it was a good concept I wouldn't have posted.

Archived