McCarthy's NFL

Sport

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too be honest, and not to be a Debbie Downer, not really feeling this series much. It's apparent that you have a preference to old-school looks but too many of these teams look the same. Granted, some teams in reality have some over-the-top unis and need to tone it down but a little bit more variety rather than kinda going back to old designs would've been great.

Who looks the same?

Jacksonville, Baltimore, Arizona and Atlanta amongst others have the same pant stripe. Many of the teams have the same bock font. I mean back in the day that's cool but in the present sense, there is much more room to be creative. Well that's MHO,

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

In a vacuum, those Cardinals jerseys look like Ohio State jerseys.

For the Saints and other teams, I'd like to see collar wordmarks. That's a personal preference though.

In a dishwasher however, they look much more original. A+

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Too be honest, and not to be a Debbie Downer, not really feeling this series much. It's apparent that you have a preference to old-school looks but too many of these teams look the same. Granted, some teams in reality have some over-the-top unis and need to tone it down but a little bit more variety rather than kinda going back to old designs would've been great.

Who looks the same?

Jacksonville, Baltimore, Arizona and Atlanta amongst others have the same pant stripe. Many of the teams have the same bock font. I mean back in the day that's cool but in the present sense, there is much more room to be creative. Well that's MHO,

Jacksonville and Baltimore (and Tampa) use the same dimensions, but different colors while Arizona and Atlanta use differing widths and colors. Those aren't the same stripe.

Nobody's wearing the same colors and every team has a uniquely distinctive look in the series. Nobody looks the same.

I chose block fonts when I did because I believed that was the best option for that team. In many cases proprietary fonts aren't a good look (Seattle's current font for example). being creative is fine, but sometimes you sacrifice looks for creativity and it's important to remember restraint and not overdesigning something. You can't ruin a uniform with a block font, but you can ruin a uniform with a bad custom font. Further, there's at least one team in every division of this series wearing a non-block font which is a fine enough ratio. There doesn't need to be 32 different fonts.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hey McCarthy, are you planning on making alternates for some of the teams?

Yes. I'm working on those right now. I have the Rams, Redskins, and Bengals done and I will post when I'm finished with all the teams I think should have alternates.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Put black numbers with orange trim on the Bengals white jersey and that set is a winner.
Also, I love that you switched up the striping on the Bears navy blue pants to match the striping on the jerseys and socks.

That's been a pet-peeve for me ever since they started wearing them again back in the early 1980s.

Archived