NCAA Hockey

Sport

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I figured Disney on Ice ran the Bradley Center. Do you think the Admirals could end up back there if the new Bucks arena turns out to be basketball-only? If that pushes the Admirals out of the market, maybe that could open it up for UWM hockey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It would still take a pretty serious donor to get D1 hockey up and running at UWM. The university's enrollment is down and many schools are running at huge deficits right now due to changes in the funding models at the state level and issues with how UWM is funded relative to other UW System schools. They also have an interim chancellor (making a hire very soon), so I'm not sure anything big will change in short order. I'd love to see it happen though.

Interesting. I figured Disney on Ice ran the Bradley Center. Do you think the Admirals could end up back there if the new Bucks arena turns out to be basketball-only? If that pushes the Admirals out of the market, maybe that could open it up for UWM hockey.

I think the Admirals would be totally happy with a Islanders in Brooklyn type of situation with the new arena. Apparently they do sell a number of luxury suites, which aren't at the old MECCA.

Of course, if they'd just take out the upper levels at the arena (which rarely get used anyway) and install luxury suites, they'd have a perfectly-sized smaller arena at just the right capacity for the Admirals, Panthers, and Wave.

UConn has recently joined HockeyEast and has been significantly outdrawing the Hartford Wolf Pack in terms of attendance, which on second thought, really isn't that difficult.

You mean there's a market for a true Connecticut team and not a New York feeder? But haughty dillweeds told me otherwise!

Two teams: UConn and Quinnipiac, which has made the NCAA tournament the last two seasons, including the 2013 Frozen Four.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived